Post 1.1 Ilum PVP Issues Discussion

JovethGonzalez

This is going to be 100 pages within the hour. Turret farming is ~= 15:1 (turret farming:warzone playing). In other words Valor gain is roughly 15x faster while farming turrets over playing warzones. There is no potential issue, its blatantly broken. The republic are stuck spawning over and over at their med center until they get a warzone queue. This is just laughably bad.

• Replies 2.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is just sad. I worked very hard for my level 60+ valor and they're giving it away. Friend just logged off. Where do they come up with these ideas when every server has 2+ to 1 imperial to republic ratio?

-Nish

Also, my trinkets are now rakata pve trinkets. I can't link them either.

I have never cared about all the rage this game has been getting but this is the first time I'm legitimately angry. I'm not even level 50 yet and this is ridiculous, I agree to what everyone is saying and there better be a rollback and a player cap on Ilum. The population difference is also an annoyance for me. Like why would I stay Rep when I can join Emp with a much larger community to socialize and group with?

A couple of possible solutions

• Make some classes faction independant (Bounty Hunter and Smuggler)
  • Lock servers from having more characters from a faction if the balance is 3:1 or more.
  • Give the underdogged faction a free medal in PvP zones.

Or just allow faction transfers free.

Or if you have a Sith Warrior at level 40, allow us to make a Jedi at level 40 immediately, without the 1-40 grind.

Any of these would go a long way towards fixing pop issues.

Are you joking?

No offense here but if you guys are only assuming there's a "potential" issue and are asking us for feedback over what's going on despite the plethora of threads with screenshots, youtube videos, and what not... then I seriously think you're shooting yourselves in the foot over how inept and out of touch the development team is.

The biggest problem I've experienced is that I feel relatively crippled by my inability to have my healing companion in the PvP area. The turrets in the Republic base hurt something fierce, and it'd be nice to get a few regular heals in every now and then. Farming Valor is thirsty work.

(I don't need to explain that this is sarcasm, do I?)

WHAT a croc of crap

you basically just handed the IMPS a free pass to battlemaster in no time ... ***

im almost level 59 in valor and have put MANY hours into PVP warzones to achieve that and now you want to GIVE out battlemaster status like its candy to the faction that has...

1.) the most players on each server

2.) all sorts of DOCUMENTED little tide turners in the IMPS FAVOR thanks dEVS who love empire - you cant even talk your way out of the TICKING in alderaan for IMPS and the doznes of other advantages IMPS have

3.) NOW YOU HAND ILLUM OVER TO MINDLESS ZERGING WT F?

I just for the spite of it respawned like 30 times at the republic base med center right next to those BIG CANNONS to keep imps away ... yeah well the IMPS ZERGED AND DESTROYED THOSE and i had to hit repawn / die / respawn ... on and on forever - well didnt have to but did just to FRAPS it and take pics to show the gaming world how dumb some of your DEVS are and the manager over PvP needs to hit the door ASAP

WHAT A BIG LOAD OF FAILURE .... maybe you should have actually MIRRORED THE FACTIONS and REMOVED all THE IMP advantages "bugs and oversights to yall ) before worring about this big FAILURE

BLOWS MY MIND

WELCOME TO THE NEW GAME of ALL IMPS ARE BATTLEMASTERS AND GEARED and the republic will catch up sometime in 2013

its really ridiculous

i mean im 2 levels from battlemaster on this republic char after 12 days /played of pretty much non stop pvp

now i can roll a empire char and get there in like 3 days ... WTH were you guys smoking

I wouldnt hire one of you to pop popcorn at my ford dealership much less be a manager or hold any position of decision making

PS PLEASE PERMA BAN ALL TESTERS ON TEST SERVER BECUASE THEY ARE A BIG FAIL TOO

PSS

some DEV should read this post and pass to upper management ASAP and treat what i said like it was a diamond ... and listen to a customer

I have 48 managers and over 350 employees and my dealerships all over the state of Kentucky and I know that the bad feedback Ithat gets to me is like gold to me so I can investigate and make changes

Hi folks,

We're currently investigating potential issues related to the Ilum open world PVP area post 1.1. We understand that this is a topic of much discussion and we ask that you please direct all discussions to this thread.

As always, we ask that the community keep the following things on mind when responding:

• No insults, name calling, or personal attacks
  • Please stay on topic.
  • If someone violates the Rules of Conduct, please flag it instead of replying to it.

We will update as soon as we have more information.

Here is my feedback.

1. Rollback all characters on all servers.

Please let me know if you need more elaboration on my feedback.

Just as an aside - on Jekk'Jekk Tar, I logged on briefly. Noone was spawn camping, our turrets were fine. There were 3x more Reps on Ilum than I've ever seen before, and some of them were actually organized and fighting the Imps.

I went to southern assault, flipped it (republic now controls Ilum) got attacked (won) then zoomed around the map for a while. Went back to the south, got ganked by 3 stealthers - showed up with some friends after respawning ... ghost town. Then logged off.

So maybe the faction imbalance isn't so bad over here. I guess I'll see how it is later.

The people who are not on these forums decrying the Illum debacle LOVE these changes.

The Republic is in a minority position on many servers. In a server-based PVP environment, the valor increases being granted in this window of opportunity will endow a population of 50s who have been farming low levels in WZs with an even larger gear imbalance.

If Bioware's intent is to cater to the majority faction, they have won a victory. Many people on the majority faction will love these changes.

However, there will be a very vocal minority who will leave the game and spread negative word of mouth. This will destroy the long term population health of servers across SWTOR.

When the dominant faction has no opposition, the game will die a slow death. If Bioware wants to create a AAA MMO with a long life, they MUST deal with the faction imbalance issues right away.

I think I speak for many of us when I say: "man, I miss having Blizzard to kick around."

As a game developer, Blizzard outclasses Bioware at the moment. I hope Bioware can pull it together.

Edited by davebsinger

Not trying to be rude or say the system before was better, but with the huge drop in republic players vs empire the current patch you just implied is horrible. Everyone out here agrees and we are empires camping the spawn of the repubs base I cant imagine how much fun they are having just dying to us over and over. The daily is a little much considering no one wants to gather stuff for a PVP quest but are forced to compete with 30 other empires on the same box to loot. Please change it. And do not let those who are exploiting it be able to keep the valor because everyone who is 60+ and earned it by spending days on end grinding is kind of upset to say the least...

i have to agree with the valour gains as well lvl 56 valour through hard work and when i arrived at illium ppl boasting of around 20k gains in a couple of hours. my hard work seems a joke.

I am republic and the imps are farming those turrets like hell, our side has to less people to do anything. Additional to this stupid new daily, on nearly each server the imps have more people, now this potential issue. I do not think that bw will ban someone, because too much people are using this issue. For me it will be interesting how bw will react, depending on their solution i will rethink this game. The quest before was so much better, because I am as a republic, was finally able to get some pvp gear. Warzones as a republic is a mess at least on my server.

With all that MMOs have evolved, I don't understand how the developers could not understand what would happen with this PvP system (Ilum) on servers with large population imbalances. PvP changes that promote such imbalances should simply be a thing of the past. It shows a lack of effective forsight.

Dear Bioware/EA.

This patch not only broke pvp. It broke PVE as well. You were going to have future pvp tiered sets with valor correct?

That is now broken. Empire guilds with ranks higher then 60's will have weapons as good as raiding weapons that take weeks or months of slow progression to achieve.

It simply broke pve.

It also broke pvp. When people achieved in a few hours what took weeks of grinding to achieve? We are done.

Many of us knew Republic would be outnumbered. We accepted that. We decided to help this company out and roll pvp guilds as republic so the game didn't fail.

This is the ultimate slap in the face though.

Let me put this simply. If valor isn't reverted and this entire idea of a zerged faction being rewarded?

Account cancelled. The game was literally broken for pve and pve in a few hours. A revert is the ONLY solution. The damage is already done. Your decision will have an impact on whether I cancel my account tonight.

I have put up with a horrible econonomy, having to play with level 10's on my team in warzones against level 50's (I can only queue with 3 people). I have put up with cooldowns like flash grenade having a higher cooldown (30 seconds longer) then flash bang on my class (scoundrel).

This is the last straw though. All my friends will be cancelling as well. They are not going to play a game where they are already a year behind in valor, because you decided not to roll back valor and reward people standing around pressing one spell on people who are outnumbered 100 to 1.

Ball is in your court.

• Valor should only be able to be earned from killing players. Not objectives, not turrets or anything else you can farm.
  • You need to take into account open world PVP and stop treating Illum like a giant war zone. DAOC had the best approach to open world PVP in any game I've played other than Ultima Online.
  • You need real bases and real objectives. Player housing and player ran bases would really help escalate open world PVP.
  • You need to activate experience gains for under-populated factions. If you keep creating things that tip their hat to the side with the most populated people then you will ruin this game without a doubt.

Heed everyones warnings or you will end up like Netflix. I do not want to get the "Come try SWTOR again for free" emails for the next 2 years before you go out of business.

Don't flag players inside their base. Wait till they stray outside. Players are stuck in their base by the med bots currently.

Rollback valor to pre patch values Way too much and the turrets are giving it. What the hell? Its a stat for PvP not for killing a PVE enemy.

Remove the turrets no more grinding them and players who flag outside can't then hide by them when they're chased. P.S. DON'T BE RETARDED AND REMOVE THESE WITHOUT FIRST REMOVING THE AUTO FLAG INSIDE BASES

Fire your beta testers they're totally useless and this is the latest in a long line of faults which testing should have picked up.

Allow faction changes Faction balance is the main problem and no way in hell am I switching to Republic and having to grind all my gear/valor again

Block the PvP Zone on Ilum with immediate effect All players currently there, warp them back to their respective fleets or landing zones. Block the area until you've sorted it.

While you sit around looking for solutions, the problem is getting worse. I want republic players to keep playing. I hate Huttball.

Edited by JohraTon

Yay! A response! ....

Now rollback all the Valor, fix this patch and fire half your dev team.. Call GC and save him from the terrors of Activision and you might finally have a decent MMO.

GC is the worst thing to have ever happened to Wow.

You lose all credibility.