View Single Post

Seehorse
01.31.2012 , 12:15 AM | #317
46 year old business owner here; I've owned my video production company since 1980... yeah, I started it in High School. Unfortunately my schedule has me on the road much of the time living out of a suitcase so I don't get as much time at home to relax and play as I'd like.

My first experience with video games was when Dad brought home Pong and hooked it to the TV. At the time Pong was pretty impressive. Let's see, after that came the Atari 2600... I remember hours playing Asteroid and Missile Command. I've been computer gaming since college and the Apple II; my first computer of my own was a 286 PC with the state of the art CGA video accelerator playing several RPG's that have slipped my mind at the moment. I recall the Leisure Suit Larry series and others of that type. The Ultima series was fun in it's era... I think I played 4-7.

I've played KOTOR 1 and 2 and have been waiting for this game for quite a while.

My first venture into MMO's came in 2004 with City of Heroes... a game I've played ever since. I've tried a couple of others, WOW didn't really impress me and Champions left me cold after a couple of months. DC Universe I tried the beta for a few weeks and decided the game wasn't worth the money and didn't buy it. TOR is the first MMO since COH that I enjoyed.

Yeah, I understand the age divide in gamers... that's part of what I like about COH; the average age there is something over 25 so you don't have much of the "l33t d00dz" attitude. So far here I haven't teamed much other than with a group of buddies who came over from COH together; we'll see if that continues. I'm also on a mid-population PVE server so that probably also cuts down on the kiddies who want to roll on the biggest PVP servers.