Give us 4v4 ARENA

Dehlita

Give us 4v4 Arena in order to greatly improve endgame pvp. Farming over and over the same BG is boring. We can't even make it in Guild raid. 4v4 would be a good bracket. A lot of possibility in team composition would be viable.

Make Arena ranking a mean to get a part of the pvp stuff (maybe not all ?)

Don't forget to add a maximum time in battle (like 15 mins) so we dont get stuck in stupid heal vs heal.

Make it fast, make it fun, add a true sense to pvp endgame and save your game !

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Why ? Isn't it the true meaning of pvp ? I mean, i understand, the smaller the bracket is (2v2 3v3) the unfairer it is, because some composition will always own the others, but have you ever played 5v5 (for exemple :)) ? It allowed a lot of liberty in team compo, and eventhough it was a bit messy, still their was some intelligence in the fight.

Enlighten me.

Actually the two guys above me must just sux hard :D

In 4v4 pre-made it is much more about skill and teamplay... But those guys rather plays those random game where they can play their hide and seek games :D

No it's not. It's rubbish, Blizzard themselves admit they should never have done it. Played arenas in DCUO, it's terrible. Bigger warzones is where it's at. 'Must just sux hard' is laughable.

i love the idea, however i dont think itl happen straight away. as long as arena gear = warzone gear, itd be perfect. Also dont make the same mistake wow did with rating required for gear purchase, if your going to do it make it required to be equiped or not at all.

Hide and seek games are an important part of both Assassin ( deception) and Operative gameplay. I think some feel that some classes just wouldn't work right in 4 on 4 matches and this would lead to more whining. Similar to DAOC and War the classes here seem to be group balanced not balanced 1 vs 1. 8 Vs 8 would likely be better than 4 on 4. Just my humble opinion.

How about they fix what we have, before they start worrying about what we don't have?

And what exactly is broken?

Warzones are working as intended.

And please keep in mind. This is an MMO, a TEAM game. Not a solo warzone headsmash fest.

How about they fix what we have, before they start worrying about what we don't have?

This.

And please keep in mind. This is an MMO, a TEAM game. Not a solo warzone headsmash fest.

Faction imbalance is horrible on some servers and FPS is bad for a lot of people in PvP areas.

Edited by LKaras

Have you looked at any other thread on this forum but this one?

God knows why the people are saying no thanks..

Because they wouldn't personally participate in it. They want their little game as Bioware released, with no content updates or fixes unless it personally serves their playstyle. We call them the least common denominator, or apologists; you know, the everything is fine go back to WoW type. Probably one of the more annoying types of forum "contributors." Take it as a free bump.

4v4 is the preferred method for arenas, imo. Content and classes are already relatively balanced around 4man interaction. Anything less and you start to develop FOTM combos and would have to start tweaking individual class abilities around each other, and that isn't really viable from a resource prospective.

Edited by Poor_Grammar

arena in an mmo doesn't test skill as much as it tests the game designers (getting gladiator with 2 different classes made me realise how much the whole system sucked).

You can't hope to have a competitive pvp environment when you have drastically different rulesets for everyone else.

In an mmo, its essentially, i can do a, b and c, you can do x, y and z.

Take basketball for example, both Chris Paul and Dwight Howard can do a, b ,c, and d, just one does it a and b really well, whilst the other does c and d really well, fps games are the same and why it works there, you're basically all clones rulewise/weaponwise, you just use the ones you're best at.

Edited by Adzzy

I think this is what all serious pvper's want the most. The biggest problem is always going to be class imbalance.

For something different, how would this go ?

Each team consists of: (Determined by the number of points in a particular tree.)

-tank

-healer

-ranged dps

-melee dps

-pugs vs pugs, groups vs groups.

This would be somewhat balanced right ?

I dont believe in extra rewards for arena combat. Keep it the same as wzs, valor, and commendations. Maybe have some sort of stats tracking.

Having said that, i doubt we eill ever see arenas in this game. But it would keep me playing.

No, thanks. If you want 4vs4 get 4 people to team with and 4 other people to fight against in Outlaws Den. We dont need a pointless game mode that would ruin game balance by demanding balance changes for classes based on it, and not mass pvp and warzones.

Now go back to you know what game.

I got nothing against competitive play, but anyone wishing for WoW arena in SWTOR should be burned on a stake. Way to ruin a good game.