Flashpoint Response Outcomes

This may have already been gone over but I can't seem to find the answer to my specific question on here anywhere.

Flashpoint decisions are final and effect the outcome of the entire rest of the game, correct? I ask because if the decisions are important to MY story then shouldn't the decision be made by each character individually instead of as a group? If three people choose response 1 and the fourth person chooses response 2 and wins the random roll then three people now have a story they didn't want.

How deeply involved are the flashpoint choices and is there a way to change the outcome if you didn't like the overall choice? I assume not since the game makes choices matter but wanted to know if anyone had any opinion/help. And before anyone starts flaming this post please know that I haven't even played one yet but some friends of mine did last night. What I outlined above is exactly how it went down for my buddy and now he's a little bitter.

Flashpoint decisions are final and effect the outcome of the entire rest of the game, correct?

No.

Flashpoint decisions affect the course of that specific flashpoint run. Unless you are referring to the Light/Dark point gains made from certain decisions, those are permanent. However, in the grand scheme they are trivial.