Fix Underworld Trading...

Rohlio

I have been trying to get 4 Mandalorian Iron for 3 days.

My mission options are always full of companion gifts and fabrics. I try resettting and I only get a moderate yield grade 6 one out of every 10 resets. I haven't seen above an abundant yield in 3 days.

I have resorted to sending off for a ton of Fabrics and gifts to get all of the missions to reset and am lucky to get one mission for metals (and almost always a moderate yield.

I have tried buying them off the AH. Surprise surprise nobody else has any either. Also I have NEVER not even once since I started playing this game at Launch seen High level underworld trading missions for sale in the auction house. I have about 250 Ultrachrome from all the Investigation missions I can buy and the AH is loaded with those. But I can't buy a single Underworld trading mission; seriously?

Fix this please Bioware it is depressing and frustrating.

My mission options are always full of companion gifts and fabrics. I try resettting and I only get a moderate yield grade 6 one out of every 10 resets. I haven't seen above an abundant yield in 3 days.

I have resorted to sending off for a ton of Fabrics and gifts to get all of the missions to reset and am lucky to get one mission for metals (and almost always a moderate yield.

I have tried buying them off the AH. Surprise surprise nobody else has any either. Also I have NEVER not even once since I started playing this game at Launch seen High level underworld trading missions for sale in the auction house. I have about 250 Ultrachrome from all the Investigation missions I can buy and the AH is loaded with those. But I can't buy a single Underworld trading mission; seriously?

No it is not broken. Like all crafting (and the GTN) it is extreamly luck based.

I seem to get two grade 6 metals missions each reset on average and at least once or twice while playing will hit at least two irons on a mission. It is indeed rng based and I can go a few days with nothing and then bingo run two sets of two missions and end up with three or four hits.

You will not see much iron for sale because crafting mods will take 4 irons and if you consider the number of mods needed to gear up that can suck you dry. I just ran a cycle of crit crafting purple ears for me and my wife to get augment slots and each try took two irons per try as I remember. LOL, I was half lucky and again as I remember it took close to fourty irons to get it done. My ear hit afer two or three tries but it my wife's took close to twenty (again the rng ruled). The pieces are very sweet and I have not seen anything that I would trade them for.

As far as the crafting missions on the GTN, that again is luck and persistance. I have gone weeks and not seen more than a few UT crafting missions listed and they were for about 40 to 50K each. I run slicing missions regularly and rarely see a UT mission drop. But yesterday morning my wife logged on to start crafting a piece of gear and when she checked the UT crafting missions, she found six listed with five at 10K and one at 17K. She bought them all in about ten seconds after raiding my main's bank account and we split the missions. When I logged on to see the damage she had done to my credit balance, I found that two overnight slicing missions had returned two UT crafting missions. So my almost depleted iron stock is now healthy and climbing again and I still have missions to run.

So like augmentors in slicing and other scarce mats, the system is not broken but just very luck and persistance based (you have to keep rolling the dice to get a hit). LOL, we run the dailies to keep the cash flowing in so that we can run crafting missions as much as for the commendations.

As a side thought, for some reason the Investigation missions are all over the place and are very cheap and although I have just started to run the missions I am starting to accumulate Ultrachrome as well. I do not have much use for it but on my server it does seem to go for a decent price. In any case, the Dallorian (sp?) metal sells at a decent price which is enough alone to give a profit to the missions and no one seems to be selling it on my server so it is an easy sale. So I have been running Investigation missions and dropping the Ultrachrome into my cargo hold.

Edited by asbalana

I disagree if you think of the affect its having not having a mission that you want pop up for that brief period your on in the evenings is basically like it broken, its gving you even less chance than the figures they where thinking of when they worked out the random chance for these missions poping up... i think the whole system needs an over hual... Starting with either lowering the current cost of missions or making it a fixed system each time you load it up. Just make the mission name it offers random..

Ie grade 6 Tresure hunting,

Companion mission

Companion mission

Gem mission

Gem mission

Pointless lock box mission

Then people when they log on will at least be able to send off at least 1 or 2 missions on the one they want... Its still no garrentie of a crit, why also ADD the pain of seeing this every time you log in..

Companion mission

Companion mission

Companion mission

Companion mission

Companion mission

Personally if i choose to send all of my companions out on grade 6 GEM missions then i should be able to do that after all im in command of my companions. Just like being able to send out ALL of my companions - my choice im the commander. The Crafting system needs to be more forgiving simply due to the high cost of making stuff verses the low selling prices... And thats on servers with no body listing items... ie no competition..

so just imagine if there was lots of competition and lots selling the same item driving down price, which is the goal with server transfers..

Its not like the stuff we can make is really that good - come one bioware give us a break..

yeah I get streaky with UT and Slicing also. I will have severaldays of getting like 1 crit on 15 missions. Then all of a sudden I have a day or 2 where every other mission is giving me exactly what i want.

I have a lot of ups and downs

ROTFLMAO!!

I haven't gotten an abundant, bountiful or rich underworld metal mission in 2 weeks, to even 'try' to get mando iron.

I can say though, that most of my companions are now at 10,000 affection...... :o

However: I swear to god, the higher the affection, the less chance of getting a crit. Kaylio used to crit all the time. Now that she's 10,000, she's only crit 4 times in the past month. (when I do get missions besides 'companion gift' )

She runs, on average, at least 2 missions per day.

ROTFLMAO!!

I haven't gotten an abundant, bountiful or rich underworld metal mission in 2 weeks, to even 'try' to get mando iron

Well, there aren't any bountiful or rich grade 6 underworld metal missions, just moderate (2, I think?) and abundant (just 1). So not terribly surprising. (and you can get mando from moderate ones. Yield doesn't affect your crit chances, as far as I've seen, and as far as the devs have said)

Edited by GnatB

Here is the key:

Say you have a log full of missions you don't want, and you want to get some metal ones. Send all your characters out on the crap missions. Relog. Cancel the missions, then look at your new log full of missions that weren't there before. Odds are there will be a metal one or two.

Rinse/repeat.

Just resetting them sucks, so you eliminate some from the pool.

Maybe i should not be giving this away, but I have noticed (purely anecdotal) that the moderate UT class 6 metals missions generate more crits and therefore more Mando Iron than the abundant UT class 6 metals missions. That being said, it is by no means a guarantee that you will get mando iron doing the "lesser" missions; I am just saying that there is anecdotal evidence that your chances are slightly better.

Here is the key:

Say you have a log full of missions you don't want, and you want to get some metal ones. Send all your characters out on the crap missions. Relog. Cancel the missions, then look at your new log full of missions that weren't there before. Odds are there will be a metal one or two.

Rinse/repeat.

This is not a 'key'.

This is not crafting.

This is ridiculous.

I should not have to log off, or change areas many times, or run unneeded missions just to get a CHANCE to run a UT Metals mission.

Every time that list comes up, I should have at least ONE metals mission, with the rarity (Rich, Bountiful, Abundant, etc...) being random. And the yield being somewhat random.

As it stand now, all I get are Gift and Fabric missions. I don't need either my companion affection is maxed for the companions I need it on.

PLEASE STOP FORCING GIFT MISSIONS DOWN MY THROAT !!

I quote myself from another post along the same vein...

The CG missions help maintain a balance of quantity of materials. If everyone could simply select the mission they wanted from a full list, how many do you think would be CGs? Furthermore, if everyone could simply pick which material they wanted and then get it how valuable do you think they would be?

Then you have the fact that the CGs themselves also create a credit sink - if you spend 2000 credits to get that CG and vendor it for 500 (approximate values) that's 1500 credits that's now out of the system; and if you actually use the CG then that's the full 2000 out of the system.

So, those CG missions do have a reason for existing after all.

I quote myself from another post along the same vein...

There is a term in the MMO community for such thing. Using it here would probably get me sanctioned... I'll break it down for you..

the first word is a four letter word meaning " a male bird "

the second word is 'blocking'.

• 1 month later...
Underworld Trading is total bs. I haven't gotten an underworld metals missions that was above moderate in 3 months. Now I'm sick of this crap. This is totally ridiculous that we have to waste as much $$ as we do on cg's and other useless missions. I've said it before and I'll say it again....Take your heads out of your butts and fix this. Crafting is useless w/out mats...Hello Mcfly is anybody in there? I'm sorry but i am not going to the gtn and pay the assinine amount of credits that these greedy fools want for mats. I'm sick of asking. Now I'm demanding that someone at bw do something about this. This crew mission system sucks period!!!!

Here is the key:

Rinse/repeat.

Just enter your ship and exit.