Welcome to the Digital Expansion: Rise of the Hutt Cartel and Game Update 2.0: Scum and Villainy

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i havent received the notifying email saying to downlaod the expansion, but anyways i go to my account and i see i have registered the ROTHC expansion, should i be able to download it and play even if i didnt receive the email?

currently i am at work and cannot check if the expansion is in order to download.

crap lol

i hope all wents smooth when i get home :)

Same here, No email. I purchased the expansion 25th December and my account page says it has been registered that same day. I'm downloading the update now...I sure hope BW/EA has not messed up...

Same here, No email. I purchased the expansion 25th December and my account page says it has been registered that same day. I'm downloading the update now...I sure hope BW/EA has not messed up...

if you can play the expansion just come here 2 minuts and say that..refrain your excitement..i know it will be hard but please do so to help a fellow mate who is trapped at work and cannot see if it works

:p

if you can play the expansion just come here 2 minuts and say that..refrain your excitement..i know it will be hard but please do so to help a fellow mate who is trapped at work and cannot see if it works

:p

The only problem is that the patch is 2,4 GB big and it will take "some" hours to download, thanks to my "not so fast" connection :D

Anyways, it would be so much fun and a big relief to get an official announcement from BW about the issue. Do we need to get "an invitation mail" to gain the early access to Makeb or is everyone who purchased the expansion before 7th of January automatically allowed in even without an email?

I pre-purchased 25th of December as I already said and if I'm not allowed in today I definitely will start breaking things...

Seriously? I just got my SIN set back up after being gone and dealing with a respec. I didn't take SS's of my tree and now I have to reset it all again? Kind of BS if you ask me :(

omg.....best.....complaint.....ever. i have to use that one in my sig!

downloading right now. can't wait to play :)

It is fine it will work. The same happened to me also - no email but on login you have an in game mail that tells you to click on your holo terminal in your ship to start levelling.

I just hope now that they fix the camera issue - that resets to default every time you die in pvp or mount/unmount.....

Been waiting since the start of the game for that fix :-P

This expansion really SUCKS! Why would you remove cool moves like opportune strike and pommel strike - at least they offered an alternative hit once in a while...I would like to know which fool had the idea to remove some awesome moves and then replace them with nothing!!! If the goal is to make another generic MMO - then why not remove the ability to jump while you are at it yeah and remove the ability to draw and sheathe weapons. And I even pre-ordered...BAAAH:mad:

This expansion really SUCKS! Why would you remove cool moves like opportune strike and pommel strike - at least they offered an alternative hit once in a while...I would like to know which fool had the idea to remove some awesome moves and then replace them with nothing!!! If the goal is to make another generic MMO - then why not remove the ability to jump while you are at it yeah and remove the ability to draw and sheathe weapons. And I even pre-ordered...BAAAH:mad:

I dont care for the effect, but for the animations. They where one of the best in the whole game. I hope BioWare will recycle them soon.

I managed an hour of play before work, and I think this looks quite good so far.

I love the fact that planetary comms are now gathered into one type. I had a lot of spares lying around, which I could now spend on a couple of upgrades from the get-go.

Makeb looks nice, I like how the terrain is built for exploration.

The only negative I can find so far is the restructuring of spec trees. I am a Sith Assassin focusing on stealth, and with the previous setup I could spec the stealth ability optimally, and also have the Death Field ability. I based my attack strategy on Death Field, but now stealth and Death Field doesnt pair up well anymore with these new trees, and I will always spec optimally for stealth before anything else, so I feel a bit lacking in combat.

Looking forward to checking out the new setup in pvp with 10-30 and 30-55. Will be digging into some Makeb heroics with my guild tonight. Cant wait to get home from work :D

Seriously? I just got my SIN set back up after being gone and dealing with a respec. I didn't take SS's of my tree and now I have to reset it all again? Kind of BS if you ask me :(

Well considering ALL of the trees for ALL of the classes for EVERYONE got reworked, it isn't really any surprise that they would and did get reset.

the skills they removed were stupid useless ones everyone hated

the skills they removed were ones I hated
FIFY

Not useless at all. Very useful during trash removal during dailies. Now I'm down two attacks and get to replace them with my basic attack (everything else is on cooldown). Metrics are very easy to misinterpret. Game designers should never rely solely on metrics. Bioware did the same thing with NWN muliplayer.

I seem to remember reading an interview or something a while back ...where BW stated that some of the new NPCs in RotHC would have same gender romance options in their conversations. I wonder if they actually went through with it or not? Guess I'll have to wait and find out when I get to play....just waiting for it to finish loading.

Well, after being up at 1;30am EST, patching and being online at 2:30am EST, I was pleasantly surprised.

With the entire download, I was able to take the time to read the patch notes. I was somewhat bothered at how they changed the skill tree to accommodate the new skills. The only problem was that when you respec, you weren't able to get close to what i had before. As it turns out, I will probably loose a couple of specs because of it.

Just a simple question, if you wanted to add more skills to the tree, why not just add them above?

I know.. I know, it doesn't work that way, but it's such a loss to have to loose some really important skills to make way for a reworked tree.

Take this with a grain of salt, I was up all morning and at work for 9:00am EST.. and I'll be back on at 5:00pm EST.. it'll be a looong day...

:rak_tongue:

I seem to remember reading an interview or something a while back ...where BW stated that some of the new NPCs in RotHC would have same gender romance options in their conversations. I wonder if they actually went through with it or not? Guess I'll have to wait and find out when I get to play....just waiting for it to finish loading.

No spoilers, but.......... maybe....

SPOILER ALERT!!!!!!

They did indeed go through with it. I'm playing Sith Assassin, and after just one hour of playing Makeb I'm already flirting wildly with my military advisor. And we're both male. I'm gonna push the flirting to see how far BW have taken this, wonder it it's gonna be some male-on-male action down the line :D

Edited by terjeiversen