Time To Vote For Your Powertech Class Representative!

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

Your class is a little bit unique. Of all of the nominations we saw come through, only one candidate showed true interest in becoming the Class Representative! Without further delay, I would like to congratulate FeralPug on being elected the Powertech Class Representative!

The other candidates all fit into one of the following criteria:

• They declined the nomination.
  • They never responded to the PM to confirm interest.
  • They were never contacted as only the candidates who appeared to have a few nominations were reached out to.
  • They have a forum account which is suspended.

Thanks everyone, look for more information by next week on scheduling for the top 3.

-eric

only one nomination because nobody likes playing a dead class!!

I still love playing my PT. It's my favorite toon in spite of its many flaws.

Thanks guys and gals in the PT community! I will do my very best to represent you.

Let's hope this is a step in the right direction in balancing our class.

Best,

Jerc Starr

I still love playing my PT. It's my favorite toon in spite of its many flaws.

Thanks guys and gals in the PT community! I will do my very best to represent you.

Let's hope this is a step in the right direction in balancing our class.

Best,

Jerc Starr

Grats vod!

I am with Jerc on this one. Even though PT is not as appealing for others due to nerfs, i will never abandon it. It's the main reason i played this game, and will always be my main toon.

Edited by dijskykiller

I read these threads and here about people saying this was nerffed and that was nerffed, and I can agree with some of it. I play every class except Mar and Operative currently, and I still consider my PT one of my top dps classes. I normally get in the top 3 dps is every warzone, and it is usually a smashes that will beat me out. I still think it is still a very strong class to play if done right. I had to tinker around with my build and I am still not fully augmented nor full Conquer gear. Despite all that, I still rock out major deeps, and running tank build is awesome as well. I think a lot of people just didn't give it a chance, but you should reevaluate the class and try it again. Congrats on the nominee though, and look forward to seeing you guys out there!

I don't think it's concealment 1.1/2 bad, but knowing how to play it is kinda silly. it's still a simple roto. the big dpsers seem to be skipping the capstone talent, which is, imo, a symptom of a spec in major need of reevaluation. in my experience, the final two tiers of every tree should be the most valuable. if they're not worth taking just to go a couple more points into the 2nd tier of another tree...well...I guess I'm just repeating myself here.

but I'll agree. on a server of mostly mediocre and worse ppl, I see a couple pyro pts doing top dmg. dunno how it correlates with the good pvp populations. you're on p05. you tell me, I guess.

Every class is viable in its own way. Any class including powertech can top dps in a wz because as long as you keep hitting people you're getting more numbers.. A powertech will NEVER top the dps charts in pve though. Any class is preferred in pve for dps over a PT. I love the class to death and enjoy it but why would I want to play it if I can hop on a marauder and do better without trying half as hard? I hope some change comes from this.

Smash is stupid OP. So of coarse you are going to get out damaged. If a smashey can't get top DPS then you have no idea what you are doing. I do agree with the fact that not getting the top tier ability is stupid. I don't get it when I run my Pyro build. I do get the top tier in the Advanced prototype/middle tree, but it is just a lack luster build atm. There is a hybrid tank build that uses 30-34 points in middle tree that is pretty good to run. I don't see how near top dps in pvp wouldn't transfer over to pve. If you have the gear for both it would be near the same, if you know how to play the class. I don't run that much pve period so won't argue the point with you. The game is still unbalanced in many ways, but all we can do is just get used to it. It's not like they are good at fixing anything without breaking something else.

I don't see how near top dps in pvp wouldn't transfer over to pve. If you have the gear for both it would be near the same, if you know how to play the class. I don't run that much pve period so won't argue the point with you.

I don't run that much PvP on my Powertech but have noticed you can inflate their 'Damage done' and 'Kills' values by spamming AOE and Taunts. While looking good on the scoreboard it doesn't necessarily translate to 'Killing Blows' or 'Solo Kills' hidden away in the meta-panel information.

I have always thought PvE requires a greater focus on single target damage.

Not that I'm saying you're wrong, just that the numbers on the final scoreboard can be misleading.

Yeah I'm talking single target damage in pve every class should beat PT depending on the fight. Dps in wz's don't mean anything because you can just dot and aoe everyone and get max damage. It doesn't work that way in pve because you can't just die and your heat go away, you have to be very careful with heat management. And no I'm not a noob to the class it's just that powertechs really can't compete for top damage in pve because the class as it stands now is pretty much broken. PTs can do well in pve but not great. Some guilds do run top notch PT dps in ops and do fine but I guarantee that if they had any other class of the same skill they would do better.

This is the first I had heard of all this - I really hope they actually pay some attention to you. Just dont be one of those players who thinks just because his guild has cleared progression content (and the rest of the DPS has carried his him) that the PT class is not broken.

I don't run that much PvP on my Powertech but have noticed you can inflate their 'Damage done' and 'Kills' values by spamming AOE and Taunts.

Taunts do not effect the kill column on the warzone stat sheet. They only effect protection numbers.

• 4 weeks later...
Save the PT class! :]

People call my toon trash beacuse of its lack of dps during ops :[

PEBKAC/L2P issue. Ptech DPS is fine in PvE. No we aren't top, but we're within sight. Quit playing pyro and pining for the days of the easiest spec in the game doing the most damage in the game. Things change.