Maintenance: May 2nd, 2017

EricMusco

That's odd. I was able to download the patch 2 hours ago before maintenance was even finished. It's bad when the alert page hasn't been updated for the maintenance extension. Just refreshed http://www.swtor.com/systemalerts and it still says maintenance should be over.

The twitter page is updated sooner than anything else. That's how I found out - 2 min after it was posted.

• Replies 797
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Why is it whenever they patch or do server maintenance, it ALWAYS runs over more than they say it will take.

Because they only have a skeleton crew working on the game's maintenance and even those people barely have any idea what they are doing?:D

At least that's what i think.

Why is it whenever they patch or do server maintenance, it ALWAYS runs over more than they say it will take. We pay so we can spend less time playing. About time they stuck to a timeframe.

You think a person or an organization such as this would learn from past mistakes. They almost always have issues when there is a patch or expansion. They can never get it right. Hilarious

The fact that everyone complains when there is a maintenance tells alot. Just relax, the game will be up and running as soon as they are done, expecting that there will be no problems during a patch is silly. There are always some form of complications, both expected and unexpected.

Hey folks,

We have an issue currently where players are not receiving the patch as they should. We are working to address it ASAP, but it means we will need to extend maintenance to resolve the issue. Currently we are extending maintenance by 1 hour. New targeted end time of 10AM PDT.

I will pass on updates as I have them, thank you for your patience everyone.

-eric

I guess this should be expected every week now that the maintenance is going to run over the time stated. maybe you should not give a ETA from now on, or better yet actually hire ppl that know what they are doing:mad:

Edited by CombatLord
fix

I'm not trolling when I say this, but I've been up ever since you disconnected the servers trying forever to download the patch, I've tried over 100+ times and never got a download.

Thank you for doing this to fix it

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Eric gone on record saying people should NOT try to download the patch before the servers are back up, because it might cause problems with your game data?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but hasn't Eric gone on record saying people should NOT try to download the patch before the servers are back up, because it might cause problems with your game data?

And yet majority of us still do it because it's a lot easier and saves time,

I don't think they have specifically stated that.

But since there have been issues like this from time to time over the years, it is prudent to wait until the servers are live again before downloading the patch. Why? Because in the past they have been known to release a corrupted patch that they had to quickly pull and replace. If I recall correctly a few years back, they had such an issue and the early patchers had to do a complete reinstall.

Edited by Andryah

Maybe Bioware should make it so you can't log in at all....like, take the login server offline like it is now so you can't update.

I forgot maintenance was today(been thinking today was Monday all day) and the update started as soon as I logged in at 10am EST. My "Play" button was clickable too. Wasn't until I got into the server select that I realized it was on maintenance.

Why is it whenever they patch or do server maintenance, it ALWAYS runs over more than they say it will take. We pay so we can spend less time playing. About time they stuck to a timeframe.

Way to discredit yourself. While they do have issues with some patches and have to stay down longer then planned... stating that this ALWAYS is the case is flat out false.

Sometimes, they actually finish early too. ;)

Hey folks,

We have an issue currently where players are not receiving the patch as they should. We are working to address it ASAP, but it means we will need to extend maintenance to resolve the issue. Currently we are extending maintenance by 1 hour. New targeted end time of 10AM PDT.

I will pass on updates as I have them, thank you for your patience everyone.

-eric

In reality you should just say "maintenance is being extended by 1 year cause we rly dont know how to do things right the first time. Thank you for your patience.

Way to discredit yourself. While they do have issues with some patches and have to stay down longer then planned... stating that this ALWAYS is the case is flat out false.

Sometimes, they actually finish early too. ;)

Same exact thing last week as well:confused:

Two weeks in a roll =/= ALWAYS... unless you are two weeks old.

What will be your white knight excuse when it happens next week as well??? I guess that those of us that pay a monthly are rly paying for seeing Eric tell us that the game is in maintenance.

Two weeks in a roll =/= ALWAYS... unless you are two weeks old.

From the start of the game way back when until now, I'd have to give them an 80% chance that maintenance will be extended anytime they have maintenance.

It should be simple:

Step 1 - Take Authentication Server offline

Step 2 - run update program on individual "servers"

Step 3 - reboot servers(fully power off and on)

Step 4- make coffee and wait 2 hours

Step 5 - make sure servers are "up"

Step 6 - reboot Authentication Server

Step 7 - make players happy by not extending maintenance

Bioware, i'll send you a bill for $150,000 because I just made updating your game very simple.

we'll live I guess. what is another couple of hours ? it is sigthly annoying that I planned my afternoon around the time the servers will get back up. But nothing I can't live without

But there are ppl {me included} that only get a ver limited time a week to play so it is a little more then "slightly annoying"

Yup, we all still do it though. ;)

I usually try simply because Tuesday morning, I:m at the office and can pull down a couple megs a seconds. Now it's the afternoon and I'm here at the library where even youtube isn't white listed and we get that at 25k a second at most.

Maybe I'll watch all of the Pixar movies today. I think I'll have enough time.

Edited by dr_mike

Hey folks!

We addressed to patching issue a little while ago, so that is all cleared up. Now we are working through the login service being unavailable. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Still haven't been able to patch it but I assume its due to the login being unavailable. Alrighty

Hey folks!

We addressed to patching issue a little while ago, so that is all cleared up. Now we are working through the login service being unavailable. I will pass on updates as I have them.

-eric

Mh, I thought, you put the login servers offline intended, to work on the issue.

Edited by Exocor