Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Can we please just get some guns on the bases that are up in the air and cannot be targetted? Its would be fun for players to man turrets as well. The ones on the ground now are bugged and don't respawn properly. AND WHY ARE THEY OUT IN THE OPEN!? That will help keep a team from being stuck in their base and camped all day.

I actually have some ideas about Ilum that won't require major changes to the environment:

• Make the crates not spawn if the capped bases don't change after 2 hours. Resets in 24 hours. This will actually make capping bases necessary unlike what it is now (semi-useless). This will only work if one or more of the below items are added.
  • Make blowing up a tank 1 pt and blowing up the the main base turrets 2 points. This will give incentive to taking bases.
  • Have a FEW crates spawn at North and South. This will also make capping North and South a tempting option.
  • Fix the turrets at the main bases.
  • Fix the freaking FPS issues.

Right now, 90% of the servers have the Imperials overwhelmingly outnumber the Republic and having control of Central 24/7. There's no real reason to cap bases and try to push because the Republic can't hold on to it for more than an hour or two before the Empire rushes out en masse. If we gave some sort of objective gameplay in Ilum which requires capping bases to work towards the daily, it would actually help in making this Empire ruled planet back into one that is fought over.

Edited by KilmarFyrewynd

NO VALOR GAINED

Tortanic this is.

GW2 is gonna totally smash this game if they cant pull their heads outta you know where

no no it is more like that

Valor +20

Valor +20

Valor +20

Valor +20

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

NO VALOR GAINED

die

repeat

Thanks for the update bioware. Glad your cleaning things up, I wont cry about it though like these unsubbed fools who expected everything perfect in the first 2 months.

The update was a MONTH AGO, lol. Ilum is still broken and buggy as hell. People still have to suicide every few kills because of the 'no valor gained' bug. It's not 'crying' to expect some progress on issues like these...

• 4 weeks later...

The last patch allowed to validate Ilum daylies in BG's so the republican are leaving Ilum entirely. Frankly, I can't blame them, being squashed over and over again at basecamp is a long shot from being fun.

I would add that in the Mantle of the force server, this imbalance is also exacerbated by the very large number of melee and stealthy players who can't do much in a large and mostly ranged battle. Melee's are getting ripped open and stealth is useless in this case.

The last patch allowed to validate Ilum daylies in BG's so the republican are leaving Ilum entirely. Frankly, I can't blame them, being squashed over and over again at basecamp is a long shot from being fun.

I would add that in the Mantle of the force server, this imbalance is also exacerbated by the very large number of melee and stealthy players who can't do much in a large and mostly ranged battle. Melee's are getting ripped open and stealth is useless in this case.

A wild necro appears.

• 1 month later...
Can we get an NEW update please!!!!

A large part of swtor pvp was in this place. It's no wonder pvprs are so upset.

UPDATE PLEASE

Update wouldn't cut it. They need a full blown announcement. It needs to be like pre-release where they are trying to get people excited for the game. There needs to be an announcement showing images of the redesign, general ideas, and footage showing it functioning. Even if it's in a rough form for internal testing, it needs to show the game engine handling large-scale pvp in an open world environment for extended periods of time, not just quick shots and jump cuts. Actually, even that isn't enough -- it needs to show with players accessing the game from a remote location, to demonstrate that the servers and engine can handle players at different locations all playing together in one area with more than 16 people.

Update wouldn't cut it. They need a full blown announcement. It needs to be like pre-release where they are trying to get people excited for the game. There needs to be an announcement showing images of the redesign, general ideas, and footage showing it functioning. Even if it's in a rough form for internal testing, it needs to show the game engine handling large-scale pvp in an open world environment for extended periods of time, not just quick shots and jump cuts. Actually, even that isn't enough -- it needs to show with players accessing the game from a remote location, to demonstrate that the servers and engine can handle players at different locations all playing together in one area with more than 16 people.

I feel the same way :(

I doubt we're getting anything before 1.5, that is either after summer or even christmas... It seems they are focusing on other things, like cross server queues, ranked wzs, expanding on legacy and creating new ops.

Tbh I don't mind the wait, if they reintroduce open world pvp I want it to be great, not just Ilum take 2.

I doubt we're getting anything before 1.5, that is either after summer or even christmas... It seems they are focusing on other things, like cross server queues, ranked wzs, expanding on legacy and creating new ops.

Tbh I don't mind the wait, if they reintroduce open world pvp I want it to be great, not just Ilum take 2.

It's a sad day for MMOs when people think WPvP equals developer controlled grindfest.

World PvP being centralized is not world PvP.

It's a sad day for MMOs when people think WPvP equals developer controlled grindfest.

World PvP being centralized is not world PvP.

Oh sorry, you mean camping and gankfesting over newbies 30 lvl lower? Sorry, I like my pvp at least KINDA balanced.

• 1 year later...