Why so much hate on this fantastic game?

Moonraker

I do not understand why so many people hate on this game. I think its the BEST MMO there is on the market. Im not going to go into everything you can do in the game because we all know by now what it has to offer. I am just so tired of people saying how it will be dead soon. I just don't see it happening.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

all throughout history there will be those people carrying the signs that say "The End is Nigh" we all know their theories are nuttier than a Chinese Chicken Salad, but they seem wholeheartedly convinced that it is the truth... you just gotta try to educate them on their foolishness or if they refuse to learn dismiss them altogether, and don't make eye contact they'll expect some spare change...

Why so much hate for ANY "fantastic" game? Simple: different people have different opinions. Just because you like something does not mean other people will. Conversely, just because someone else likes something does not mean you will. It is sad that some people simply cant comprehend that other people have different opinions than they do, and that opinions are neither "right" nor "wrong".

The forums does not represent more than a fraction of the game's community. The thing is though that the people who have no complaints feel little reason to go on the forum as they're busy playing the game while people who need to vent their frustration or talk about their concerns end up here.

The forums does not represent more than a fraction of the game's community.

This part is true. However,

The thing is though that the people who have no complaints feel little reason to go on the forum as they're busy playing the game while people who need to vent their frustration or talk about their concerns end up here.

The existence of white knights on the forums disproves this idea. The white knights LOVE the game and think it is nearly perfect, yet they are still on the forums instead of in game playing.

Edited by The_Grand_Nagus

The existence of white knights on the forums disproves this idea. The white knights LOVE the game and think it is nearly perfect, yet they are still on the forums instead of in game playing.

Yeah I realised after posting I generalized a bit much there, obviously there are more reasons to hang on the forums, but too late to edit it now :o I shouldn't be posting with a headache. Off to bed methinks.

Why so much hate for ANY "fantastic" game? Simple: different people have different opinions. Just because you like something does not mean other people will. Conversely, just because someone else likes something does not mean you will. It is sad that some people simply cant comprehend that other people have different opinions than they do, and that opinions are neither "right" nor "wrong".

This is not about like or dislike. It's about people going out of their way to bash the game and BW about things that happened 2 years ago.

Realise that the people who are complaining here on the forum are still subbed. So why so much hate and emotion? It's because of entitlement and lack of reasoning skills. But then emotion isn't reasonable.

When you like a product you feel it's worth your investment, but people have a funny tendency to invest themselves in the potential of game or in essence what they think it should be instead of what it actually is. And on top of that they are so convinced of themselves that they cannot conceive that they might be wrong, unrealistic or overreacting or simply a minority. They cannot conceive that someone else can have a different opinion and be of sane mind even though they are the ones raging.

So no, I don't think it's a simple matter of likes or dislikes but a matter of being incapable of dealing with disappointment and a twisted sense of entitlement aka first world problems.

This is of course just my opinion, but even though I very much understand that different people like different things and that people can get upset when things don't go their way, I have much less understanding or tolerance towards people who cannot let go and feel they need to consistently attack this game and its creators and all of this WHILE STILL PAYING A SUB.

It's mind boggling, but in the end, if you don't like it, stop playing it. There is no point in paying for something you don't like only in the hope of suddenly making BW see the error of their ways and deciding they need to listen to you personally and change the game to fit you. Pay for what it is, not for what you want it to be. That's my advice.

Sticking around here for months and just bash and bash away....well, it's just not healthy aside from being a sign of not being able to control your emotions in any shape or form. Hence my reference to entitlement.

This game isn't perfect, but no game is. On the other hand it has a lot of things I do like and that's why I am still here and paying for it. I enjoy it with its flaws. I was very angry in 2012 and left the game for 3 months as a consequence. I gave the game one more chance after they turned things around and I am still here. If I still hated it I would've left.

I've played GW2 and I hated it. Too bad because I loved GW1. So I was angry and I voiced my opinion and left. Gave it a second shot, still hated it so gave my opinion again. Haven't been on the forums in months. I could go there and bash away since it has no sub, but what for? There's just no point and it won't change anything anyways.

So yeh I understand that people can get angry and want to let it out, but there's gotta be a point at which you let go. That's the problem more than anything...people can't seem to get over it and let go....

But then emotion isn't reasonable.

In a nut shell.. this is a core issue as to why. And MMO players, in general, are an emotional bunch.

Such deliberate hating on a game is a badge of honor for the game. It means that it is alive and actively played by many and those who do not like it feel a need to try to faux-kill it. They can't kill it in reality, so they assemble faux attacks in the internetz. It's as old at the blending of games+internet.

Edited by Andryah

This is not about like or dislike.

Of course it is. Because the person who posted this thread was NOT asking why people stick around if they dont like the game, which is the question you are discussing. The person who posted this thread thinks this game is "fantastic" and therefore cant understand why people "hate on" it. And the very very simple answer to that question is, not everyone agrees it is "fantastic", because different people have different opinions. Why people stick around if they dont like the game is a completely different issue than not being able to comprehend the fact that not everyone thinks the game is "fantastic".

People can multi-task you know?

Yes I do know. Except the person I was replying to was not talking about multi-tasking. His point was that the people who like the game are in game playing, NOT posting on the forums. And to that point, my response stands.

Yes I do know. Except the person I was replying to was not talking about multi-tasking. His point was that the people who like the game are in game playing, NOT posting on the forums. If you had actually read the post I quoted you wouldnt have been so confused.

My post was directed at your white knights comment. The normal average gamer satisfied with the game may or may not visit the forum, but the notion that so called White Knights only visit the forums instead of playing the game they love is silly.

all throughout history there will be those people carrying the signs that say "The End is Nigh" we all know their theories are nuttier than a Chinese Chicken Salad, but they seem wholeheartedly convinced that it is the truth... you just gotta try to educate them on their foolishness or if they refuse to learn dismiss them altogether, and don't make eye contact they'll expect some spare change...

Awesome answer and right on target :D

My post was directed at your white knights comment. The normal average gamer satisfied with the game may or may not visit the forum, but the notion that so called White Knights only visit the forums instead of playing the game they love is silly.

I never said the white knights "only" visit the forum, or that they never play the game. The person I was replying to was implying that the people who enjoy the game are in game playing, NOT posting on the forums. And my point in bringing up the white knights is that there are people who enjoy and play the games AND post on the forums. However my earlier statement is still true in that they cannot be posting(meaning actually typing) on the forums and be truly playing the game(controlling their characters) at the same time.

I do not understand why so many people hate on this game. I think its the BEST MMO there is on the market. Im not going to go into everything you can do in the game because we all know by now what it has to offer. I am just so tired of people saying how it will be dead soon. I just don't see it happening.

There is actually little "hate" for this game on this forum. People who truly hate the game can't post here. Posting here is reserved for people who like the game enough to pay for it. They do not allow posting from any former customers.

Ironically, the "hate" would nearly disappear if the handful of the most vocal defenders stopped posting. They are, far more often than not, the instigators that turn threads to chaos.

Dont get me wrong, i love this game and i think its awesome.

What makes me say this game will die is the way EA doesnt support it. What happens to an MMO without support?

SWTOR needs an expansion but all its getting is cartel packs and one flashpoint.

Dont get me wrong, i love this game and i think its awesome.

What makes me say this game will die is the way EA doesnt support it. What happens to an MMO without support?

SWTOR needs an expansion but all its getting is cartel packs and one flashpoint.

It just got an expansion. The GSF.

I think a lot of people that stayed on with the game, through 2012 when updates were scarce, are sometimes disappointed at the direction of the TOR, especially with regards to story, frequency of PVE group content updates, and objective-based PvP.

It seemed as though the original vision was to have class stories and more FPs and Ops at regular intervals, as well as objective-based PvP maps updated at a regular interval. What was basically ready at launch to be released: Kaon and Lost Island FPs, Denova and TfB Ops, Denova and Ancient Hypergate PvP maps, Czerka and Black Hole daily areas, Czerka FPs perhaps (though the Meltdown feels hurried and unfinished and is by far the worst FP in the game).

Instead, we've seen these types of updates slow to a crawl with the F2P system and layoffs, and an emphasis on the CM instead. While a lot of people enjoy the items from the latter, it doesn't make up for the lack of content for the game. EA seems to be funding it at the bare-minimum to keep it going, and making a large profit on CM items.

Hopefully this turns around in 2014, but there isn't an indication it will yet.

Edited by arunav

Nothing wrong with complaining if the complaints are legitimate and constructive. Saying, "LOL TOR worst gamez evar!!" is counter productive. On the other hand, if all devs here is "LOL TOR most game ever" (I wonder if anyone here will get the joke on that one) then nothing will get fixed or updated on a regular basis.