Option to Turn OFF XP boost

TrixxieTriss

Are you basically saying "you didn't say there would be a 250% xp boost to go along with the 250% cxp boost, but if there is, please make sure i can turn it off?"

There will be a 250% XP increase to coincide with the 250% CXP increase. Encouraging players to reach 70 and grind at CXP.

(level sync still makes everything a challenge anyway, you just have a few extra abilities).

Except everything in this game outside of content specifically tuned to be challenging is rather hilariously easy. In certain cases, perhaps specifically because of those "few extra abilities" you mention.

Edited by Bejarid

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Are you basically saying "you didn't say there would be a 250% xp boost to go along with the 250% cxp boost, but if there is, please make sure i can turn it off?"

because as far as they have announced, it's just for cxp and I truly can't see a reason to want to turn that off (unless you love gambling but only once every hour and 30 minutes, and anything less than that is terrible).. Now if it is for XP as well, then that is a different story, but even then other posters have said why overleveling is fine (level sync still makes everything a challenge anyway, you just have a few extra abilities).

It's both: http://www.starwarstheoldrepublic.com/info/in-game-events

250% Bonus XP Event: February 7 - April 10

250% Bonus Command XP Event: February 7 - April 10

I personally only want to opt out from the XP bonus one, not the CXP (but if they put an option for that one too, I wouldn't care, I'd simply not use it)

And to be absolutely clear, we are NOT asking they remove the bonus XP event, just an option to turn it off for those who want to.

Except everything in this game outside of content specifically tuned to be challenging is rather hilariously easy. In certain cases, perhaps specifically because of those "few extra abilities" you mention.

Exactly, story class content is already way too easy for my own tastes right now. It's how the game works now, I get that, and I adapted to it. But with those XP boost events I can basically let my healer companion kill everything while I look at the landscapes. Not my personal definition of fun.

I get that this is an mmo and players' main focus is on endgame content but it's still a heavily story driven one and sometimes, I just want to take a break from group activities and enjoy the stories for a little while. And without an option to opt out from the event, I won't be able to do that for the next couple months...

But.....people were already getting overlevelled when levelling up, so what does it matter if you're overlevelled by 1 level or 10? You're still going to be doing the same quests locked at the same level. At least the OP had a point with PvP, with people just talking about "playing at their own pace", it makes no real difference.

The only difference levelling makes is adding some extra skills, which you can just choose not to use.

But.....people were already getting overlevelled when levelling up, so what does it matter if you're overlevelled by 1 level or 10? You're still going to be doing the same quests locked at the same level. At least the OP had a point with PvP, with people just talking about "playing at their own pace", it makes no real difference.

The only difference levelling makes is adding some extra skills, which you can just choose not to use.

You can skip all the planet quests and be too low of level. But honestly, what difference does it make to you if someone else wants to level slower when the game mechanics are already there to turn it off? None. Let those that are odd and want to level slow, level slowly.

You can skip all the planet quests and be too low of level. But honestly, what difference does it make to you if someone else wants to level slower when the game mechanics are already there to turn it off? None. Let those that are odd and want to level slow, level slowly.

It doesn't affect me, but if you are skipping as many missions as possible, why are you asking for XP to be cut so you can play at your own pace?

Skipping missions so you can play the story at the right level? You're going to miss a big chunk of story doing that.

It doesn't affect me, but if you are skipping as many missions as possible, why are you asking for XP to be cut so you can play at your own pace?

Skipping missions so you can play the story at the right level? You're going to miss a big chunk of story doing that.

Why does it matter? Should your inability to understand their reasoning prevent them from playing the game how they want to play it when the mechanics to turn off the bonus XP are already in the game?

And you didn't answer my question. Why would you want the XP to but cut if the level is locked and you can't play as a higher level anyway? Doesn't matter if you are 20 or 70, you're still going to be level 18 on DK while doing all the story quests.

The answer to your question is irrelevant. Personally I don't want the xp cut but their are others that do for whatever reason they want. The ability to turn off the extra boosts are in the game already so no extra development time is needed. What is wrong with allowing those people to be able to play the way they want?

And you didn't answer my question. Why would you want the XP to but cut if the level is locked and you can't play as a higher level anyway? Doesn't matter if you are 20 or 70, you're still going to be level 18 on DK while doing all the story quests.

I am one of those supporting, from time ago, the option to turn off xp from events. There is a situation in this game in where you still can find some fun, and is playing underleveled 3 or 4 levels. You can miss shots, your enemies can dodge your attacks, they hit you harder. Gear not updated to your level helps to make things harder. Not every fight is demanding, but Elites and champions can still put you into problems. That kind of fun was removed in favour to those players asking for a faster way of leveling, so experience points were boosted everywhere and enemies made weaker, and the game broken for those of us that like the placebo of "game is challenging" growing our characters.

So now, the only way to keep yourself underleveled is skipping a lot of content. Sure the game experience, from a story and lore point of view, is a little bit worse, but while you can stay underleveled in your story you still can feel some kind of danger in your wanderings over the galaxy. XP events force players to play in a way not originally intended, but to "gift" some players with a boost in their leveling, something that every player don't have to accept. The turn off has been asked for years, and should be implemented as they did with the Acute Stone that got rid of 12x xp event. A game with options is much better game than a game with only one way of playing, because aims for more players' tastes.

And if a player uses the Turn off option, why other players that won't use it are so concern how other players play the game? As if that affects them somehow for worse. Level sync doesn't solve this situation, and it is not an answer to deny that the game needs a Turn off xp option.

I am one of those supporting, from time ago, the option to turn off xp from events. There is a situation in this game in where you still can find some fun, and is playing underleveled 3 or 4 levels. You can miss shots, your enemies can dodge your attacks, they hit you harder. Gear not updated to your level helps to make things harder. Not every fight is demanding, but Elites and champions can still put you into problems. That kind of fun was removed in favour to those players asking for a faster way of leveling, so experience points were boosted everywhere and enemies made weaker, and the game broken for those of us that like the placebo of "game is challenging" growing our characters.

So now, the only way to keep yourself underleveled is skipping a lot of content. Sure the game experience, from a story and lore point of view, is a little bit worse, but while you can stay underleveled in your story you still can feel some kind of danger in your wanderings over the galaxy. XP events force players to play in a way not originally intended, but to "gift" some players with a boost in their leveling, something that every player don't have to accept. The turn off has been asked for years, and should be implemented as they did with the Acute Stone that got rid of 12x xp event. A game with options is much better game than a game with only one way of playing, because aims for more players' tastes.

And if a player uses the Turn off option, why other players that won't use it are so concern how other players play the game? As if that affects them somehow for worse. Level sync doesn't solve this situation, and it is not an answer to deny that the game needs a Turn off xp option.

So after not really understanding the reasoning behind why people were wanting this I made a new character and have skipped everything but the class quests. I just got my ship at lvl 13 and it has been actually more fun than I thought. So far it still isn't much of a challenge, things just take longer to die and I don't end fights with full health like when I am over leveled, but I expect things to get more difficult as the spread in levels gets larger.

So after not really understanding the reasoning behind why people were wanting this I made a new character and have skipped everything but the class quests. I just got my ship at lvl 13 and it has been actually more fun than I thought. So far it still isn't much of a challenge, things just take longer to die and I don't end fights with full health like when I am over leveled, but I expect things to get more difficult as the spread in levels gets larger.

I can give you a couple of tips: companions are still very powerfull, so i turn off their 3 right abilities in their abilities bar, so they don't crush enemies easily. Not the best solution, but still you can fight with them and listen to their comments. As they gain influence they are much better than you, so tweaking his abilities is the only help to make things "worse", but not much. Anyway, for some champions I found myself activating some of my companions' abilities instead of improving my gear for that particular combat when I realize that my gear got too old to have a chance of victory. How and when to improve the gear is up to you as you feel how the game is going on.

4 levels below is the way to play. 5 levels can make enemies untouchable (that is a game mechanic that we can't override). 3 levels or less make things end faster. So adding a couple of planet exploration missions is better than going to a flashpoint or a pvp match to keep you on that aim. The experience points earned are less and much under control to stay 4 levels below.

The game starts to be more challenging (if we can use that term properly) in Alderaan or Balmorra, when the enemies start to use abilities that require your CC, interrupts, cleanse and they can pull and push to put you in troubles.

Why do I have to justify myself for asking for an option that has already been implemented once to get implemented again?

When I play a new toon, I like to do everything story related. Class missions, planetary missions, secondary missions and most exploration missions along with the solo flashpoints and I don't want to be level 70 by the time I leave Tatooine.

It doesn't bother you, fine, all the power to you! But it bothers me enough that I will not play the toons I want play for two months because of it when a simple fix could make everyone happy!

Edited: I'm about 5 levels above the locked one when I play my way, it's already too much for me but I can live with that because I play for the lore, the cutscenes and the dialogues options more than anything else, if I want a tough fight, I do an operation or a master falshpoint with my guild.

Spending 75% of the story at maximum level while my healer companion one shots everything is no fun at all for me and the grind fest that is Galactic Command doesn't fix that!

Edited by CelynthePhoenix

I don't get it. The awful idea that is planet scaling was implemented just for you guys - for the exp haters. You cannot outlevel anything and if you play for fun and lore - what difference does it make if you are 10 or 70? You will never fight grey mobs again regardless? :confused:

because as far as they have announced, it's just for cxp and I truly can't see a reason to want to turn that off (unless you love gambling but only once every hour and 30 minutes, and anything less than that is terrible).. Now if it is for XP as well, then that is a different story, but even then other posters have said why overleveling is fine (level sync still makes everything a challenge anyway, you just have a few extra abilities).

Look here, it will explain for you :rolleyes:

http://www.swtor.com/info/in-game-events?intcmp=sor_bwa-mkt-t-us-lp-117

I don't get it. The awful idea that is planet scaling was implemented just for you guys - for the exp haters. You cannot outlevel anything and if you play for fun and lore - what difference does it make if you are 10 or 70? You will never fight grey mobs again regardless? :confused:

And what difference does it make to you if they put back the option to have regular XP gains?

/signed.

This greatly affect players like the OP. This is also very bad news for people who love to create new characters and go with them through their adventure.

I will go f2p to avoid the xp boost. But this is probably not an option for you OP as you need access to WZs.

If they decide not to give us the opt out of xp boost item, then its is finally (and I never suspected I'd ever say this) a SLAP TO THE FACE :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

And what difference does it make to you if they put back the option to have regular XP gains?

None, as should to you if there are no ways to turn it off. It makes no difference. That is why I ask in the first place. What difference does it make if you do tatooine quests on level 24 or 50?

None, as should to you if there are no ways to turn it off. It makes no difference. That is why I ask in the first place. What difference does it make if you do tatooine quests on level 24 or 50?

Have you ever done Tat at lvl 24? As in finished the planet at that level.

Also it makes a difference to some. When there is double or more XP, some people are not able to play they way they want. When there is already a way in game to remove that and make those people happy, what is the problem?

Edited by HelinCarnate

I really don't get why the people who are happy with the XP boost feel the need to come here and tell us we're playing the game wrong when we're just asking for an option that would allow us to keep enjoying the game and has absolutely no effect on the way you play it!

There's only one wrong way to play a game and it's not having fun while playing it. XP boost event ruins the fun I, and others, have playing the game and we know there's an easy, working fix for it and would like to have it again this time and in future similar events.

Everything else is irrelevant to the request we are making and I'm done justifying myself for asking a little thing as if I was asking for the moon.

Been avoiding the forums for the almost 3 years I've been playing, today just reminded my why...

Level-scaling was implemented for max level characters to go grind non-story things on lower level planets, like Alliance crates and now DvL bosses. It directly works against people who don't want to outlevel content. It was designed for exp. lovers who want to get to the endgame grind as fast as possible.

Pre 4.0 as you started to outlevel a planet you got less and less exp, until you got none, so you never got way ahead of the content and always started the next planet within it's level range. Post 4.0 a combination of boosted exp for class quests and the poor way level-syncing was implemented guaranteed you are overleveled for everything. The only way to avoid overleveling is to skip anything that is not your class quest. These exp "events" take a bad situation and make it worse. With 2.5x exp, even if you skip every flashpoint, pvp match, event, side quest & planet arc, you are STILL going to be overleveled.

As for why opt out? A lvl 70 doing lvl 25 content does not play the same as a lvl 25 doing lvl 25 content. They are more powerful even if you strip them of stat. gear. People who aren't happy with how easy story content has become don't want it to be made even easier. Again, it makes a bad situation worse.

Personally, I collect armor sets. Heroic armor sets are rewarded based on level. It is already very hard to get some of those sets completed with RNG being what it is, 2.5x exp makes that impossible. There are rare low level world drops which are also dependent on your level. A lvl 70 can't go back to Drommund Kaas and farm for prototype Nerf-herder armor because every armor drop will be Outlander. There are so few genuine low level characters that these rare armors and weapons don't make it onto the GTN, and when they do, they cost a fortune.

Trixie likes lowbie pvp. I also like lowbie pvp, but I never get to play it because I'm trying slow down my leveling. It is a fun activity that many people enjoy more than lvl 70 regs. (less stress, fewer jerks) 2.5x exp makes those low level brackets go through way too fast. People who play lowbie pvp as their primary content typically reroll when they hit cap. They really don't want to get 2 or 3 levels with one match.

I would be thrilled if they added an opt out for the boosted exp. As it stands, I will have to shelve all of my lower level alts again. We just had months and months of 2x exp! Who the hell wants this? I've seen maybe one or two people ask for it. If you want another lvl 70 asap, just buy a damn token :mad: