Upcoming Livestream!

DanielSteed

• Dev Post

Hello everyone,

Later this week on Thursday, May 30th at 4:00pm CDT we will be doing a livestream! We'll be discussing specifics about new Set Bonuses, Tacticals, item acquisition and a lot more with itemization in 'Onslaught'. For those of you unable to attend the livestream, there will also be a subsequent article that will highlight the main talking points.

Thanks for the heads up, hope you guys can touch on Galactic Command as well! I know its been stated somewhere that it will be taking a backseat going forward but because of that, I don't think the incentives for pursuing levels should remain the same. If the gearing system and whatever sense of progression you guys go with for 6.0 is as good as we're all hoping for, Galactic Command could become worth the trouble and I'm, again, hoping you guys touch on its role going forward.

Thank you for the heads up. Thanks too for the article. Please, I'd request that the article/summary have as many of the details as possible. As previously mentioned, people with hearing impairments or other issues listening to livestreams miss out on a lot of information when it is not captioned/transcribed/summarized.

if you ever would consider getting your official livestreams transcribed, it would be awesome for some of your players.

Thanks for the heads-up, I'm looking forward to hear what you guys have been cooking up in regards to gearing and hopefully you'll listen to the community this time.

It should contain *all* pertinent information, not just highlights.

I agree with this sentiment, walls of texts upon walls of texts if that's what needed to fully explain all the gearing chances, how to obtain the gear, what type of feedback you guys have been taking and how to go about providing more feedback so this new gearing system doesn't suck like Galactic Command did.

• Dev Post
Thanks for the heads up, hope you guys can touch on Galactic Command as well! I know its been stated somewhere that it will be taking a backseat going forward but because of that, I don't think the incentives for pursuing levels should remain the same. If the gearing system and whatever sense of progression you guys go with for 6.0 is as good as we're all hoping for, Galactic Command could become worth the trouble and I'm, again, hoping you guys touch on its role going forward.

We will be talking about Galactic Command and what is happening to it in Onslaught. As we mentioned at SWC, it isn't going anywhere.

Thank you for the heads up. Thanks too for the article. Please, I'd request that the article/summary have as many of the details as possible. As previously mentioned, people with hearing impairments or other issues listening to livestreams miss out on a lot of information when it is not captioned/transcribed/summarized.

if you ever would consider getting your official livestreams transcribed, it would be awesome for some of your players.

Totally understood! The blog will definitely cover a substantial amount of the information from the stream, the blog is still in process but it is already quite large. Plus, we will be around in the forums following the stream to answer questions and address anything we missed.

-eric

We will be talking about Galactic Command and what is happening to it in Onslaught. As we mentioned at SWC, it isn't going anywhere.

Totally understood! The blog will definitely cover a substantial amount of the information from the stream, the blog is still in process but it is already quite large. Plus, we will be around in the forums following the stream to answer questions and address anything we missed.

-eric

Cool ! Nothing like information straight from the source !

VERY much appreciated.

I used to get exited by these but now I'm expecting one page of information wrapped in 30 mins of back slapping and possibly some give away to generate a lot of noise giving a mount or something away.

2 yellow posts in the thread posted yesterday and still on the first page. Does that not give some indication that whatever the business model that is being employed at the moment is not working.

You have incredibly little content, which is constantly tied to ever increasing grinds for less and less. The story which you take no feedback on seldom inspires with large chucks showing how insignificant the character is and how awesome the current npc is. All the while ignoring the player and their companions, did you really think a few lines of dialogue, where the companion feigns surprise the player is alive followed by a I'm back now! Was doing it right or felt rewarding or worth the wait or even added much from the terminal retrieval system.

While in the future, we can look forward to the current gear being made obsolete which will have lasted all of one new monthly event between it being introduced and the next tier. Along with another new skill to add to an already bloated cool down management combat system and possibly 6 more hours of story after a what year long wait.

To a degree I get it, you hear people say they play cause its start wars, not for the content, the combat, the story or the PvP. So hell why add any of those things if no one is playing for them. But really look around at where the last two years of ignoring those aspects of the game has gotten you to focus on the cartel market and resurrecting

-eric

Thank you! That's great.

Edited by IoNonSoEVero

Btw, dunno if you will be able to asnwer, but could you let us know if the new expansion comes with a new character level boost like the previous two, or not?

Ah ! I'd kinda like to know this as well.. And along those lines : Would it be available post KotET. Starting perhaps with Iokath ? Maybe ?

Ah ! I'd kinda like to know this as well.. And along those lines : Would it be available post KotET. Starting perhaps with Iokath ? Maybe ?

Ossus probably makes more sense as that is where the new story arc begins (and gives peeps a new gear set already). Iokath and the dungeons that came after were more the wrap up of the consequences of the eternal throne story.

Edited by Nemmar

I am sure other Nightmare Raiders out there would agree, it would be detrimental to the NiM Raiding community if u did the same thing that happened with Galactic Command and 248 gearing during 5.0 until Ossus.

It absolutely does not help NiM teams or HM teams progressing to NiM, if they are having to spend 6 months or more grinding command ranks to get geared so that they can continue with their Raids.

Please, for the love of god, have the highest Tiered Gear (NiM Raiding gear) drop on ALL BOSSES in Nightmare Mode Operations! (I refuse to call it - Master Mode)

-eric

That's ambiguously worded. What exactly does "isn't going anywhere" mean? :confused:

That's ambiguously worded. What exactly does "isn't going anywhere" mean? :confused:

I would presume "isn't going anywhere" means simply that you will continue to get command crates of some form in 6.0.

What they contain, their usefullness, and drop rates have inevitably ready been decided, but owing to the need for a hype train and the need to pretend to listen to us, will be "discussed" today.

Ossus probably makes more sense as that is where the new story arc begins (and gives peeps a new gear set already). Iokath and the dungeons that came after were more the wrap up of the consequences of the eternal throne story.

I could see that... But just thought that maybe a little earlier might give some more back ground ... that's all. But I can easily see your point !

I would presume "isn't going anywhere" means simply that you will continue to get command crates of some form in 6.0.

What they contain, their usefullness, and drop rates have inevitably ready been decided, but owing to the need for a hype train and the need to pretend to listen to us, will be "discussed" today.

But, will max command levels go up to something like 400 or will they be reset to 0? And how relevant will the gear from command crates be (max gear level or less available in crates)? Will it be possible to get level 75 gear from crates at level 70?

Lots of great news guys! Looking forward to it!

Just a bit concerned about amps. It can easily get out of control.

If it's 2% per gear piece and you got 14, thats 28% armor pen on a marauder/sentinel for example, people are gonna explode in PvP.

Numbers need to not be insane, like 0.75% per piece, wich ends in about 10% armor pen.

If it doesn't go in all pieces it can be adjusted, but these things are a bit crazy and burst is always a big concern in PvP, even with the new bolster.

Edited by Nemmar

Great stream, lots of interesting info. Particularly intrigued by the teases of the abilities granted by new gear, and encouraged by the assurances of improved engagement with community feedback. :)

I have been worried about the wellbeing of SWTOR staff since that Kotaku article a few months back about "stress casualties" in Anthem's development, but from the sounds of things the SWTOR team seems to have a healthier working environment. Keith certainly seems like a cool boss. :o