What Rewards would you like to see for Ranked PvP?

AlexModny

• Replies 578
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

- World PvP daily / weekly, to encourage more world pvp, at least on pvp servers.

- Dueling area on fleet. (with a daily to encourage 1 v 1)

- Fresh new gear looks, no recoloring same stuff.

- 2v2 queues, 3v3, and bring back 8v8 rateds

- Cross Server PvP queues.

- Fix Quesh ball so that Shadow / sins can use all abilities everywhere (phase walk), or nerf all other classes on one ability to balance that out.

- Lightsabers should be > ranged, please its Star Wars.

Please fix the issue where if a player quits BEFORE round 1 even starts that it DOESN'T lower your rating. This would FIX SOOO MANY PROBLEMS with undergeared players (fresh 55s) queing. ALSO. It stops people from exploiting the system, when you see the same player queing with a buddy who'm is on the opposite team but purposefully que opposites to BOOST each other, ( a whole 4 team trying vs 3 players trying and 1 person purposefully throwing the game for his buddy ) and then they return the favor on other alt characters... If you could exit before round 1 (after 1 failure you'll right the guys name down or be so pissed off you'll remember it) that you can just exit before round 1 starts and ruin their plans of throwing games for each other. Report them? Please, when has that ever solved anything.

As far as what I'd like to see next season, maybe a new rancor mount? Seeing as how I couldn't get mine due to players throwing matches for each other. Yeah, that'd be nice.

First of all I want solo rating to be calculated by all personal stats and not win / loss only because you get weird group setups sometimes...

Then the only reward I need would be SPECIAL armor or weapons like Malgus ingame armor etc...or Darth Marr's armor with more spikes and darker.

Edited by NRN_Hawk

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

Most important of all: DO NOT release any of the rewards in recolored skins on the CM, unless you do the same with the TOP rewards for PvE!

Low Rewards <<Should at the very least require more wins then losses>>

-Title: Gungan Style [Name]

-Mood: Trollface

-Belt with a wartorn existing PvP (Brutalizer) helmet (Of your class, or a skull) attached to it as trophy

Mid Rewards <<Should be semihard to aquire and require at least 50+ matches>>

-Sad shaved ewok backbound and in a leash bound to the owners belt (Pet)

-Alternate weapon model: Pistol(s) = 1h crossbow(s) Etc..

-Ttitle: The Los'er

Top Rewards <<Should be hard to aquire, maybe the top 10 of each AC per server>>

-Sedan Chair, carried by enslaved Wookiees

-Title: The slayer of over 9000

-Unique and GOOD looking Armorset, including top tier augment slots on each part

Unique Top 3 Rewards <<Only awarded to the top 3 players of each class cross servers>>

-Jetpack vehicle

-Title: The HMFIC (Head...erm.. main figure....in charge)

-Hologram: Big hoovering holosign pointing down to the owner saying "BOW TO YOUR MASTER!"

I think it would be cool to have a choice, if possible. Its less likely to make 1 item that everyone wants. Instead of suggesting specific items as requested, I am simply asking for a choice.

1) A choice between unique (even already existing) color crystals with expertise. (A Pair of crystals)

2) A choice between various pairs of pistols (or whatever weapon your class uses). These can be existing ones with particle effects added. (Revolver style, ray gun style, modern pistol, small gun, big gun, etc)

3) A choice between various helmets with particle effects on the eyes, or where ever looks cool. These can be existing helms with effects added. (Only a choice of helms that fit your armor type theme possibly)

Edited by DarthBloodloss

Perhaps you could add a 3 hour valor boost to the season rewards, and a reusable jawagram that comes and brings the target flowers then pulls a blaster out of it and points it at them (or something of the sort that implies violence). Additionally for the top 96 players you could add your generic legacy title/title and 500-1000 cartel coins, and a party jawa from f2p launch (even though the top players mostly will already have one) or perhaps a "party crasher" jawa.

P.S. The second page of this thread had many excellent and reasonable suggestions

• Dev Post
Lowest Tier: A neat reward that incentivizes participating in a season.

My suggestion is a customization for your ship droid (so every class could use it) that changes them visually into Baron Deathmark. The item description would say "a Holographic shroud" or something to explain why it still had the ship droid abilities and voice (although if a customization can alter voices - that'd be even more awesome!)

Hah! That would be excellent to have that noisy Nikto greet you every time you came on board! :i_biggrin:

Already seen a lot of excellent ideas in these posts but figured I might add some more ideas for Bioware to have fun with:

Lowest Tier: a Title (something people will actually want to display not "rookie" or "amateur"; Challenger maybe) there are already so many titles in the game, it's hard to think of one not already part of something else.

Next highest Tier: a Title: Competitor and a rare dye

Next highest Tier: a Title: the Triumphant, rare dye, a unique weapon belonging to their class, if not a wampa minipet, perhaps a vornskurr (see Heir to the Empire trilogy books) minipet with bloody claws

Highest Tier: Title: Dominator, rare dye, unique weapon belonging to their class, a new unique armor that is NOT a reskin (could have designs voted on by pvp community), a unique mount: the Acklay mount is an awesome idea but if that's not feasible, perhaps a Terantetek mount or a Mech walker like the one Kephess has in EC

Lastly I think the top tier should get some sort of schematic to craft something uniquely pvp: i.e. pvp crystal, armor shells, warzone medpacs, etc. It would persuade some of the crafters to join in and could help get more creds for pvpers when they sell the stuff only the people with those schematics can craft.

For the Top 3 in Class, I agree they should get something unique. So a Unique title (Top "insert class", Best of the Best, or their character name followed by "who will be Feared") and a Unique Mount (see ideas above)

My very first thought was that top tier would get a black core, bright red glowing crystal. Black cores look amazing to me.

But since Strongholds will be out by Season 2, I strongly suggest offering a reward that can be placed in the stronghold. Top Tier gets some huge arsed monument for your trophy room. Middle tier gets a small statue. Bottom tier gets a table top sized trophy.

Honestly, if you need to come out with some shiny new epic mount twice a year that's unique, the rewards are going to be a bit of a failure at some point. So I would discourage them sooner than later. The stronghold trophy makes more sense to me since we have this trophy room for precisely this sort of reason.

Another highly valuable reward would be MK-9 kits. Bottom tier gets 1. Middle tier gets several. Top tier gets a full set. This way top PVPers have the kits to completely change their armor set to something new and fresh, along with there required changes for "left side" gear.

THE CHAMPION'S LODGE

Accessible from a shuttle at the fleet, the Champion's Lodge is a luxurious club on Hutta owned by Giradda the Hutt. Only those who participate in his most brutal games are allowed entrance. In the Champions Lodge, fighters can receive PvP missions, purchase PvP gear, and duel other players in a pit for the amusement of on-lookers.

The Champion's Lodge would sell various wares for RWZ commendations. In particular, players can buy contracts for new mercenary companions (different than above, e.g. human or some other race we can already get). Players can also purchase lesser/smaller versions of other rewards. Rewards that can be purchased can change with the seasons.

It would be nice to have another use for PvP comms once you're max level and max valor and max gear and...oh wait then they release a new gear set you have to grind out.

Lowest tier - How about a Baron von Deathmark holo statue that allowed access to PVP specific items... Green stims, WZ adrenals, med packs, comms (planetary, ranked etc). Would be a nice reward for people that want to PVP but don't need access to the terminal and are off-fleet/questing. It could have some type of voice emote every time you open it - maybe a random one from a couple different ones? Edited by rkjunior

1. Fix rating system. Your current elo doesnt work with small population and without cross-server queues, its discourage participants with stacking teams of 1200x vs 2000x. You need another rating system, without losing rating

2. Fix factions imbalance. Make cross-factions solo ranked at least if you cannot make cross-server queues

3. Remove bolster from ranked. Make filter 2018 expertise for participation. It is NiM pvp content and its require at least regular pvp gear.

4. Add ranked solo 8x8 warzones

5. Add ranked daily and weekly, solo and group

Without ^ changes rewards will be crap and dont make sense for participation. There is must only one real reward - place in rating leaderboard in the competitive game.

Without any kind of competitiveness, there is no interest.

The rewards should be as follows.

Top: A nexu or acklay mount, title and the below prizes

Middle: A really powerful weapon (lightsaber), classic (KOTOR) armor set and title (as well as the below prizes)

Bottom: A classic Kotor armor set (preferably Revan's) and a title

Honestly, I would most like to see Revan's armor set out there. It would be nice to see a slightly more KOTOR accurate redesign, or simply to see the existing set become more attainable. Thank you for your consideration.

Hello Ranked Veterans! With the start of Season 2 rapidly approaching (currently scheduled for 2.7.1) we are going to have all new Season rewards for participants, champions and all-stars! We hope you enjoy them immensely but in future seasons we want to make sure we are getting y'all rewards that are desirable and the best way to do this is for you to tell us!

We have a bunch of ideas for upcoming rewards but we want to hear what our PvP Community values for rewards that are difficult to obtain and show off your elite(st) status! :jawa_tongue:

What do you want the top reward to be?

What do you want the middle rewards to be?

What do you want the lowest reward to be?

The more information the better! For example, posting “a TaunTaun with a spiked collar” is much more helpful than “a unique mount”. Go berserk and come up with some amazing ideas!

Without further adieu, what would you like to see for Season Rewards?

In all three there needs to be a significant tangible reward for it to be worth something, i have seen a few players on the back of a rancor.

Minimum rewards should be completely unique to all tiers and nothing from lower tiers, a higher tier player can not get and vice versa;

Lowest tier: I would try and offer a mount. A weapon of choice (LS, rifle, pistols ...) account unlocked in collections with some flashy look to it. A unique color crystal also account unlocked in collections. A title. A stack of credits (1m) or comms (30 comms/1200 pvp marks).

Mid tier: I would offer a mount. A weapon of choice (LS, rifle, pistols ...) account unlocked in collections with a flashy look. A unique color crystal also account unlocked from collections. A title. A unique suit of armour without mods, character bound. A large stack credits (3m) or comms (50 comms/2000 pvp marks).

High tier i would offer a flashy mount. A Weapon of choice (LS, rifle, pistols ...) account unlocked in collections with a flashy look and cool sound. A group of a unique color crystal of all types (end, power, crit, exp ...) and includes a purely aesthetic look when used in combat (produces a sort of an after shadow effect when in motion), all account unlocked in collections. An epic title. A unique suit of armour, flashy and account unlocked in collections without mods. A massive stack of credits (6m) and comms (80 comms/3200 pvp marks).

Just as an example.

As an idea of a Mount. A walker type of mount like those used a few thousand years later on. i cant see any reason it can not be added, a metal contraption like that, you got the likes of a tauntaun which runs on two legs and you sit on its back, a metal walker wouldn't be much different. i was also thinking about that walker idea, that a mid tier winner gets a mounted weapon on the front of the walker, its not much more powerful then most hand held weapons basic attack. The high tier winner gets the same walker with more flash but an extra mounted cannon on the front which works as a sort of poor mans secondary attack choice with a weak energy pool so the walker cant be exploited beyond it's use.

On the idea of a color crystal, an all black color crystal would be nice for the low and mid tier but high tier gets a sort of darksaber type of color crystal.

Edited by Centrixo

I think it would be cool to have a choice, if possible. Its less likely to make 1 item that everyone wants. Instead of suggesting specific items as requested, I am simply asking for a choice.

1) A choice between unique (even already existing) color crystals with expertise. (A Pair of crystals)

2) A choice between various pairs of pistols (or whatever weapon your class uses). These can be existing ones with particle effects added. (Revolver style, ray gun style, modern pistol, small gun, big gun, etc)

3) A choice between various helmets with particle effects on the eyes, or where ever looks cool. These can be existing helms with effects added. (Only a choice of helms that fit your armor type theme possibly)

It would require a bit more work, in terms of more designs, but it's not a halfbad idea.

I'm imagining a "season vendor" with a few basic rewards and then the cool ones from current and previous seasons. So instead of earning the rewards directly we're getting tokens sent to us, based on our tier. Everyone who gets tokens can choose to spend them on the basic rewards instead of the new seasonal ones or simply save them until the next season. The cool stuff such as season mounts and whatnot will also require the rating so a person won't be able to save the few comms they have from the lowest tier a couple of seasons and then buy the highest tier's mount. The pro with allowing people to buy old stuff is that new players will have something to aim for even before the new season rewards have been announced. The highest tier will get enough tokens every season to buy all the new seasonal rewards.

A good start would be to add 20 basic rewards + the season 1 rewards to the vendor and then add the season 2 rewards and perhaps a couple of basic rewards every season.

In terms of reusable PVP medpacs/adrenal I think this would be a terrible idea. I level through PVP and while it takes a long time and the credits are poor the only thing that enables me to afford skills and MK-9 come 55 is selling medpacs/adrenals for 40-70k per stack. 99% of these trades are to 55 toons who play ranked, it would be a double edged sword. Although I would LOVE a reusable stim. I don't think it's a wise idea.

Ship droid customisation would be a great idea. Maybe a rancor customisation....

Other than that why not create a PVP lounge on fleet, whereby all participants of S2 can go to. Have terminals in there and most importantly. A DUELLING AREA. This would be jam packed and boy everyone would play 10games to get a rating so they could go to the boom boom room.

This would have been a great start before season 1 started. I suppose it'll encourage some players to participate in ranked but it'll ultimately do nothing.

Without fixing the core issues, this will do nothing to help Ranked PvP and it won't bring back most(if not all) of the PvPers who have unsubscribed.

Before the community was destroyed, I would have liked exclusive color crystals(Is black still off the market?) and exclusive mounts/ not reskinned armor.

Edited by SithEBM-Reborn

I think it's a tough call for rewards. Moving from 5 tiers to 3 tiers is probably a good idea, but I imagine besides the top tier (where 1500 was appropriate I think), the other tiers will probably expand in the range of ratings in each of those two tiers. So that being said, the rewards seen in S1 will probably be lessened to fit a 3 tier scheme rather than a 5 tier scheme. One of the hard parts about picking the season rewards is that I think, in essence, they can only be cosmetic items. You can't give an "I win" reward for PvP to the people who get top tiers or you make it practically impossible for anyone besides those people to make it into the top rank in the next season. With the limitation of cosmetic only items, I would suggest the following:

Tier 3 - Title, Pet, Weapon Shell

1. Weapon Shell

For the weapon shell, I would agree with other posters that a weapon shell with cool animations would be great. Take for instance the current S1 reward LS that has little glowing areas at the base or some of the cartel pack lightsabers that having a pulsing/glowing aura around the light beam.

2. Pet

I think the pets should be PvP oriented, so perhaps armored versions of current pets (armored taunfawn anyone?) or a pet that you might see in an arena (like an acklay).

Tier 2 - Title, Pet, Weapon Shell, Color Crystal, Unique Regen Item

1. Unique color crystals:

I like the idea of getting a pure black crystal as a reward for PvP. I also think there are a few colors that have been gone from the game for a while like magenta and white crystals. These could make a valiant return in PvP ranked season rewards.

2. Unique Regen Item (some ideas with suggested animations)

- Baron Deathmark's PvP Monitor (displays a holographic map of a PvP arena/huttball arena and points at various locations)

- Warzone Surveillance Kit (pull out binoculars and launch drones to check out lay of the land for warzones)

- Behind the Gate Pace (pace around while you wait for the warzone to start and the gate to lower)

Tier 1 - Title, Pet, Weapon Shell, Color Crystal, Unique Regen Item, PvP Companion Customizations, Unique Mount, Party Jawa

1. PvP Companion Customizations - Get a full set of companion customizations for your class (some ideas follow)

- Battle scarred Tharan

- Armored Khem

- Battle damaged HK

2. Unique Mount - I would shy away from animal mounts just because they are so situational. The challenge is finding something that isn't just a minor reskin of an ingame mount.

- Perhaps a special Korrealis?

- 2 person mounts?

- Battle plated speeder - speeder with extra armor plates on it to deflect blaster shots

- Shield generator speeder - Dessler with armor plating and shield visuals

3. Party Jawa

It's been a while since the party jawa was given away. To help new players get it perhaps it could be a top tier reward for ranked PvP

Basically, design things like they would be used in a warzone to give them a PvP feel.