Place Your Bets! Will Onslaught be delayed past Oct 22nd?

Rion_Starkiller

You could start by proof-reading and using the "edit" button. :)

Did that and Used it, but you can't fix what your fingers refuse to type.

As I said my typing sucks, and even though I proof read my posts, I many times have to go back and re-edit them because I did not see one little mistake.... But instead of Picking my post apart because I can't Type, try reading what it has to say and comment on THAT and not the fact that I can not type.

Edited by denavin

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There are worse things it could install than FreeBSD. Example: Plan 9.

Hey, I remember when DOS 6.0 replaced DOS 5

And was then followed in rapid succession by 6.1 then 6.2 then 6.21 then 6.22, all in the space of a few weeks.

This was back in the mid 90's, prior to Win95, when we expected to go years between patches...

And was then followed in rapid succession by 6.1 then 6.2 then 6.21 then 6.22, all in the space of a few weeks.

This was back in the mid 90's, prior to Win95, when we expected to go years between patches...

Oh my .. I remember those days !

Then we also saw the release of DDR … DDR-2 , 3 and 4. Rumor has it that DDR-5 is not that far off !

:eek:

Onslaught will be on time but it will destroy what's left of this game...

Picking an Anthem formula of grinding that is like a second job was one of the worst decisions this team could have picked and "play your way" was always a big fat lie...

There is no way an expansion that's fueled by grinding for gear and RNG can be successful....

Looking forward to see how much they "listened" to feedback given from PTS. Overall.. I expect very little.

LoL, I used to do tech support Win95. Do you guys remember win3.1 ? I’ve still got the original boxes and disks

I think it'll be on time.

I also think if it is as bad as I am expecting it'll be the last content update this game sees.

All The Best

Yeah... heard that before so many time before it's like a broken record. In-fact the very first day I played this game some player cannot remember who was saying the same thing. That was what 4 years ago? Maybe 5. Time really means little to me. Anyway it was around the time the game became F2P. The comment was about it becoming F2P, it was something like "oh that be the end mark my words" or some such BS. I am paraphrasing as don't remember the actual quote.

When the game does end in X amount of years I guess you'll be back to say told you so "All The Best"

Now I did say I thought the game would be delayed by a week, now think it will be on time but as many have said with the odd downtime to fix a few things. Still I personally don't mind if delayed, just hope it not a last minuet delay and given plenty of notice. Would rather not waste the day staying in if its not happening.

Edited by DreadtechSavant

Yeah... heard that before so many time before it's like a broken record. In-fact the very first day I played this game some player cannot remember who was saying the same thing. That was what 4 years ago? Maybe 5. Time really means little to me. Anyway it was around the time the game became F2P. The comment was about it becoming F2P, it was something like "oh that be the end mark my words" or some such BS. I am paraphrasing as don't remember the actual quote.

When the game does end in X amount of years I guess you'll be back to say told you so "All The Best"

Now I did say I thought the game would be delayed by a week, now think it will be on time but as many have said with the odd downtime to fix a few things. Still I personally don't mind if delayed, just hope it not a last minuet delay and given plenty of notice. Would rather not waste the day staying in if its not happening.

Yeah, its all rubbish right?

Bioware are managing this game great, there's been almost no player decline and player satisfaction is higher than ever....

Back in the day we had 100+ Servers (just in the US, there were almost a 100 Europe / RoW servers as well) now we have just SIX.

All those naysayers have clearly been very wrong... ...right?

Keep telling yourself that, one day even you may believe it; but I sure as hell don't.

All The Best

LoL, I used to do tech support Win95. Do you guys remember win3.1 ? I’ve still got the original boxes and disks

Yup, I was a junior network administrator in the final year of Win 3.1 and I first got out on the web, (such primitive form of it as then existed), in 1994 with Win 3.1. It wasn't an OS, just a graphical shell which ran on top of DOS, so it had no socket layer. We had to run this external utility called Winsock, and then Telnet to a UNIX shell account before we could run Mosaic, the first graphical browser. But oh, we were so excited!

That was back when Novell Netware ruled the roost, and I was so proud to be a CNA. Those were golden years, in spite of the primitive state of hardware and software.

Ah yes, because having new content is going to kill the game instead of no content for months. The expansion has been tested on a very limited space, we have yet to see it in action live. We don’t know how progression is through the story and the overall vast amount of content in the game. Once that happens then we can provide any feedback neccesary so it can continue to grow. They are actively counting down the date of launch on twitter so I don’t think a delay is coming or needed, that’s what patches are for.

They are actively counting down the date of launch on twitter so I don’t think a delay is coming or needed, that’s what patches are for.

I agree ,but we all know what we have to expeed.

A game which is full of bugs, which are not fixed for month, heavy lags in prime time and no one from the officals posting in forum in which way they will repair what they have released.

I bet:

* there will be a emergency maintanance in the first 48 Hours after release

* there will be 2 or more Bugs fixes in the first week

* there will some silent "adjustments" in the first 4 weeks to correct the greatest Fails

* there will be an significant decline in subscriptions after 4-8 weeks when many have played the new story and realized that conquest players, story players, solo players and crafters are no longer wanted because they are only prefer group players and raiders.

What's REALLY gonna happen, is that the download will complete with no bugs in record time, some hyper super espresso program will be in place that will prevent crashes and lag despite the bajillion players logging in on the same time,all companions will come back, and a sunbeam will come into everyones window (even if it's dark out... I'll show up personally to direct mirrors from the light side of the Earth) enveloping them in a glow of sunshiney goodness as they realize this is the best expansion ever.

Have a nice day

Edited by LordRapheus

They are bound by a strict contractual timeline, this update is not going to be delayed.

I lol also

10/22 - 6.0

10/23 - whupsie!

10/24 - 6.0a

Followed by:

• "we have shut down x" because "exploit y"
  • many forum rants about things that we tested and found to be abysmal on the PTS, told them about but were ignored going live
  • updates 6.0b, 6.0c but contain no fixes for above ranted about things
  • many more forum rants about abysmal things that were fed back on the PTS forums but ignored in updates
  • story turns out to be lame & companions have been ignored yet again
  • /rage quit :rolleyes: