BW, do you ever plan on addressing DPS Mercs/Commandos PvP-wise?

Dovahbrah

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have no problem 1v1 anyone with my 0/28/18 Hybrid Spec. It's quite hilarious to wonder what they're thinking as my merc just dominates them.

Let me know when they open ranked 1v1's.

Then I'll ask for that spec.

For the time being, I was hoping for a bit more viability in team, rankeds and PvP in general...Team PvP, that is.

Arsenal/gunnery is good right now, I don't see why this thread is still around. Pyro/assault spec is bad, but I don't see why you think that's going to change anytime soon, it's not like you are the only class that has a useless spec.

That's because you're not seeing it from the perspective of a Mercenary trying to get into rateds. We're not good enough.

Do we have an execute? Do we have a heal debuff (like snipers) Do we provide a crowd aoe shield? Do we provide much utility? Do we have an aoe denial of area ability (snipers) Under focus, does our damage remain the same? (Snipers and other damage classes)

Snipers execute is silly in how much damage it does and only way to dodge it is to los. While basically every ability in our belt is shutdown by ranged and melee interrupts, as well as stuns and knockbacks. Snipers don't have that issue.

That's because you're not seeing it from the perspective of a Mercenary trying to get into rateds. We're not good enough.

Do we have an execute? Do we have a heal debuff (like snipers) Do we provide a crowd aoe shield? Do we provide much utility? Do we have an aoe denial of area ability (snipers) Under focus, does our damage remain the same? (Snipers and other damage classes)

Snipers execute is silly in how much damage it does and only way to dodge it is to los. While basically every ability in our belt is shutdown by ranged and melee interrupts, as well as stuns and knockbacks. Snipers don't have that issue.

No,I know where you are coming from. I've played one before. I've also played dps scoundrel, which is probably welcomed even less.

No,I know where you are coming from. I've played one before. I've also played dps scoundrel, which is probably welcomed even less.

I know an Op that will shut down anyone. So dont go and try saying that Ops are underpowered.

Edited by Bluntron

I know an Op that will shut down anyone. So dont go and try saying that Ops are underpowered.

Kudus to him, but its still not a good spec, shadow is better in every way. It's not welcome in ranked, I didn't say it wasn't a PUG stomper. It can stomp baddies all day.

Edited by JaingSkiratapwns

Kudus to him, but its still not a good spec, shadow is better in every way. It's not welcome in ranked, I didn't say it wasn't a PUG stomper. It can stomp baddies all day.

You wont see me disagreeing there. but shades and sins are the most balanced class in the game.

Page 3, again :(

Well, this is my last post...I'm out. Been a great 2+years of playing. O.G. Mercenary Firebug.

Fun game, great times in PvP...Times change.

Good Luck Mercenaries.

Ret'urcye mhi. Verd ori'shya beskar'gam!!

Well, this is my last post...I'm out. Been a great 2+years of playing. O.G. Mercenary Firebug.

Good Luck Mercenaries.

Good luck. I'm getting BF4 this year so i can have some fun until Camelot Unchained a

game i have backed that comes out 2015.Gona play SWTOR a few more month to see whats

going on just to be up to date, but sadly i see little future for PvP in this game.Instanced WZ is old alredy

and they dont care about open world pvp what so ever :( Well gonna play my new commando and see

how the class is now. Deleted my first warhero commando because the class was crap for 1 year lol.

Doesnt matter.Atleast there is hope in Blizzard and Titan(what ever that is)

Edited by Lord_Karsk

Good Luck Mercenaries.

I hate to see you go...I understand, but you'll be missed. I hope to meet up with you again.

I switched to Arsenal yesterday. It pisses me off how bad Pyro sucks in comparison.

Arsenal:

1) Heatseeker can crit for over 9k with average gear

2) Hydraulic Overrides are active 10 out of every 25 seconds

Bonus) Armor debuff

Pyro:

1) Thermal Detonator sucks (no burst)

2) Hydraulic Overrides are active 6 out of every 30 seconds

Offense:

When I switch back and forth between specs, the only attacks that change are Thermal>Heatseeker, and Incendiary>Tracer. The two main pyro attacks suck in comparison to the two main Arsenal attacks.

Defense:

Their defense is about the same. But Arsenal has a better Hydraulic Override which is probably the best defensive tool we have.

I really see them as nearly identical except for Arsenal has to figure out when and where to use Tracer Missiles, and the payoff is way more damage and the ability to actually burst someone down.

arsenal also now has the active cooldown redux on energy shield, and a minor absorb proc when you take damage, plus the shorter power surge cooldown and double use.

Yup. I mean, I'm all for the buffs to Arsenal, but Pyro is pretty terrible for PvP at this point. Increasing the proc rate of CGC made the Missile Salvo application pointless and nerfed CGC damage. The Thermal Det change is what killed it though. Rollback those two changes and you're golden.

They need to rollback the cgc nerf. At least for mercenaries. IF anything they should've increased the damage.

that and the TD change, which was brought about by 1 obnoxious person whining that TD didnt have proper synergy with the spec.... /facepalm

im quite mad about the nerf to pyro... it was my favorite spec to play.

do you play a merc? :rolleyes:

Leveling little commando now, but meet quite strong mercs on warzones low-55 and especially 55 ;)

Strong self-healing abilities together with electronet and significal damage burst makes them very dangerous in right hands. Remove self-healing, and they will be fine. ;)

Leveling little commando now, but meet quite strong mercs on warzones low-55 and especially 55 ;)

Strong self-healing abilities together with electronet and significal damage burst makes them very dangerous in right hands. Remove self-healing, and they will be fine. ;)

uh, yea....... no