Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Here is the distinction, you are asking for transfers off these servers. Transfers are announced as coming. You have won. It is now a matter of complaining of the lack of progress in having the transfer system up and running sooner than the end of the year, a subject for one of the many other threads on the matter.

This whole thread and what Bioware has asked for in it, is for opinions on how to save these servers. If you want to question those opinions of those who say merge the server then wait a month before allowing transfers off, that is a place you can voice that is unfair. After all the players who are active on other servers with toons dorment on these servers and have no intention of returning are not going to be boosting the server population as they will mostly remain untouched till the transfers to the desired server are allowed. That is a rational arguement for transfers out if transfers in from outside APAC servers are allowed.

The reason you are stepping on toes by voicing your opinion without that context is that you are just saying I don't care about any other players, I just want what I am getting eventually anyway now. To you, merging or closing the servers is apparently meaningless, only that you get your transfer to your choice of server. Which is stated as coming.

We all know that Australia does not give good ping to the rest of the world, and we all know that the superservers in every other part of the world run with actual populations 24/7. We get that you have found a great home in such. I am even envious that you were able to make the call to cut what you had accomplished and redo it all again elsewhere for the better result. But what you are asking for is coming.

Your opinion is that APAC doesn't matter, only you do. How is Bioware supposed to use that opinion to save these dying servers?

I do understand your point,but still i don't think that my opinion in this case won't matter,and of course the other player who rerolled in other servers due to BioWare lack of initiative in this matter.

BioWare asked us an opinion between merging or transfer,and there you go,i expressed my vote in let us transfer.

plus the server transfer that will come in the future it will be not for free,here we are assisting in lot's of people that are unable to do many contents due to the dead server in our region.

of course the best option for us will be to let us decide,open a new Apac server,and let the people decide to move there or somewhere else.

anyway we keep debating about the APAC server,without having a single update from BioWare.

Honestly this whole situation is becoming pretty frustrating.

Please don't let this continue much longer. I'm going to give up my sub soon if something isn't done. I'm stuck on a server I do not wish to be on. I am not re-rolling my level 25 Legacy because there are no reasonable options available to me to allow me to play the game in a reasonable and enjoyable way.

Merge the APAC servers. Or roll all 3 into a new server, whatever is easier. There's already been transfers, so the capability exists. Just do it.

This game is not enjoyable when there are no people around to group with.

Hi everyone,

I know it’s been a while since we’ve updated this thread, and I wanted to let you know that we haven’t forgotten about our Oceanic players. Now that we’re at a more stable point in time (post Free-to-Play transition and post holidays), we wanted to re-examine this issue. We’re going to be completely honest with you: there doesn’t seem to be an easy solution for anyone. We’ve seen many ideas from you folks such as merging all three servers into one, allowing for transfers to North America servers, and even not doing anything at all, but none of them seem to be an ideal solution for all. This is why we are now opening up this dialogue with you.

In this thread, please let us know what you think the best solution will be for your servers. I know there have been many suggestions already, but I would like to collect the most current ideas for us to consider. After that, our team will review and discuss what is feasible and what makes the most sense to do. Please remember to follow all forum rules and be respectful of each other’s ideas, even if you disagree with it.

Thank you all, and we look forward to your ideas.

How long are you guys going to sit on this? Are we to wait another 6months before you decide what to do?

Make a decision. Makeb is coming and this needs to be sorted.

Why I think Bioware is taklng their time on this issue.

Basically there is no good solution.

Good for everyone I mean, as we have seen in this thread there are some quite disparate opinions even within the APAC community.

I myself am in the process of changing my mind. After months of firmly believing that an APAC server merge was the best solution I now believe that it wont work. I now think that they should merge APAC into the respective West Coast servers.

Here are my reasons for this change of mind, and why I think this is what Bioware will eventually do.

Firstly, the APAC servers are pitifully underpopulated. even merging them we would barely have 1 complete instance of Rep fleet.

Secondly Bioware are having to pay to support this very very small population and even reducing it to one server (PVE type) still does not change this fact that relatively its tiny and thus the cost vs income equation is not a positive one..

Thirdly by combining the servers some people are not getting what server type they prefer, now of course I have argued and many players have responded that population is more important than server type. Nevertheless some people will not be happy with it, or at least not 100% happy.

Fourthly, People are able to play effectivley on the West Coast servers. Yes its not ideal and yes in pvp and especially ranked pvp it puts APAC players at a disadvantage (IMO). But regardless its playable...not at all ideal but playable, Remember leveling on West Coast servers before APAC servers came online? .Also realise many many APAC players are currently playing on West Coast servers right as I type this.

So in summary I believe they will merge us into the West Coast servers, because its cheaper, we can still play effectively (but not as competively), it ensures a decent population (not having to address this issue ever again has to be on their minds) and we keep our server types.

Why do I agree with this line of thinking?

Because it makes sense, I dont want to have to revisit this issue again in 6-12 months with the APAC server again dying.

Let me be clear, the server ping on APAC servers is outstanding and I LOVE having it and will miss it terribly.

BUT

Many APAC players have clearly NOT suported the APAC servers and others having started on APAC servers have for one reason or another abandoned them exacerbating the issue.

You cant force people to roll on APAC nor move to them if transfers are allowed.

In short it makes too much business and gaming sense to Bioware to do anything but merge us with West Coast servers.

And APAC players support of these servers does not warrant a continuation of them.

Sad but true (at least IMO).

In a way I hope Im wrong, but my gut feeling is prepare yourselves for West Coast server merges

I fear you may be right Sildanar, which would fit why they are dragging it out till the contract on the servers is up after 12 months.

But really is not being honest about this doing them any favours? After all they are losing players now, but how will we feel when they string this out a bunch more weeks then dump us on other servers when it is financially convenient to them?

The biggest complaining portion of this thread are those struggling to do anything group wise. The increased latency will specifically hurt that same base, hence why so many from MDM and GD have spoken up for a server merge to PVE.

They have mishandled this situation to the point that if Bioware doesn't reach out somewhat to us and just takes the option that financial benefits them in the immediate future, that is the most galling abuse of player loyalty I have heard of.

The biggest complaining portion of this thread are those struggling to do anything group wise. The increased latency will specifically hurt that same base, hence why so many from MDM and GD have spoken up for a server merge to PVE.

They really just need to merge you guys into Dalborra or all of us into another APAC superserver, we already have a bigger capacity than your servers apparently and are sitting on standard population most the time. I came back to the game awhile back after a break and joined a struggling social guild and in that time we have got team speak up and running have a full main guild at 500 members and an alt guild and opposing faction guild and we are now beating the progression of the previous members in ops before the guild began struggling.

The Gree event has been alot of fun here aswell :) The expansion should see an even healthier server than we are currently. I really don't seem to be able fathom your doom and gloom anymore guys i'm sorry.

Edited by Amlici

WooHoo we are back on Joveth Gonzalez's | Online Community Manager ignore list. Another 3 weeks & no response. This time it was 1.7 release, wonder what it will be next time?

We are sorry to inform you that the APAC servers are closing...a "paid" transfer will be made available to select US servers (the worst 1 that no one wants to go im sure)......we will not be refunding or apologizing as we have no care for the 7 ppl left playing on MDN....cheers and go away.

Edited by jarshr

Why I think Bioware is taklng their time on this issue.

Basically there is no good solution.

Good for everyone I mean, as we have seen in this thread there are some quite disparate opinions even within the APAC community.

I myself am in the process of changing my mind. After months of firmly believing that an APAC server merge was the best solution I now believe that it wont work. I now think that they should merge APAC into the respective West Coast servers.

This is Evgen88 on my kids account.

My account subscription has lapsed and apparently F2P can't post on the forums . . .

The thing is, for the US and EU server merges it wasn't the best thing for everybody, that upset a lot of people too.

The the whole "we can't make everyone happy, so we aren't doing anything" line is garbage.

And instead of randomly taking some opinions and making a conclusion I took a survey and from about 20 responses till 100, 80-85% of the responses were in favour of server merges.

Another thing is these aren't Bioware servers, they are EA servers, and I'm sure the only reason we have them in the first place is that EA already had most of what was needed in Sydney in the first place. Otherwise they likely wouldn't have ever had APAC servers. Reducing from 3 to one mega server, which is probably a cluster anyway, isn't going to be a problem.

Also, a lot of the players here, are only playing because there are low latency servers. Moving to West coast isn't an option.

For me, I don't care what they do, just something needs to be done. Those happy with the way things are are in the small minority.

And even though this thread may be losing activity, it's not because we don't care, it because people who aren't paying can't post their opinions, which will be me soon. I'm sure a lot of others are in this boat too.

I like this game and want to play more, but this lack of action and communication is abhorrent. So my own and the 2 accounts for my kids aren't paying for this horrible service any more.

Edit: Doing something about the APAC servers will bring me back to the game. Paid updates won't, and will infact make me regret every yen I have ever spent on this game. I think better updates will be required to keep the game going though.

Edited by phyzix-

As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers, we need a population boost and I would love to have you on my server if that was a good solution. Sorry for all the trouble you all have gone through, I support you in whatever the outcome you need.

As a non Oceanic player, I am dying for you guys to be merged into the US servers, we need a population boost and I would love to have you on my server if that was a good solution. Sorry for all the trouble you all have gone through, I support you in whatever the outcome you need.

I'll be there for what it's worth. Character names are already placecarded and ready to roll :D