Thanx for makjng a GODCLASS

Kelenan

you are wrong. The stealth will break if theres a dot ticking on them before they stealth out of combat.. ...

actually.. the marauder class has a stealth function to avoid damage.. sling as many dots as you wish, while hidden no damage can be done to the player. used it many times myself as part of my combat tactics.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I hope you guys get a damn clue.

Dear OP, I snipped everything but the message that you need to consider yourself.

Stop pointing the finger for your suck and look in the mirror.

Edited by Redrum

Dear OP, I snipped everything but the message that you need to consider yourself.

Stop pointing the finger for your suck and look in the mirror.

Ok listen up the OP never said anything about open world pvp hes talking WZ and to be completely fair You dear sir are a cad. There is No NEED to be rude about someones opinion, even if it differs from yours. Please refrain from being rude it doesnt help matters any.

Coming from Warhammer where stealth was a 2 second cast time with damage preventing its application, 20 second duration - which drained your AP every second you were stealthed - and had a 60 second cool down, playing a stealth class in this game is easy mode; I seriously lol'd once I got into my first WZ with my Operative and learned I had perma-stealth.

Coming from the perspective of a Warhammer Witch Hunter / Witch Elf and and now as Operative here, I'd rather have seen Bioware implement stealth tactically, as was done in Warhammer, versus catering to all the WoW bads and making stealth more or less permanent.

ahaha Op said star wars canon in reference to this game

ahaha

So you are saying thats the only thing you saw? Don't tell me you have never made a mistake in typing or had a mistell in chat? :) please lets stick to the subject. Looks like not everyone is happy with the perma stealth.

Some people word it better than others, and some are more polite about it, but it all boils down to the fact that Battle Stealth IS op and not everyone likes it.

I am sure the OP did'nt mean to make a mistake in spelling or wording but thats not what is important anyway. My take on it is that in WZ battle stealth is OP and after running a few of them and seeing the result I have to agree. But thats not the only OP ability there is either lol Stun Locking someone is as well :) When you can't even use your ability to get out of it thats not cool either.

All in all PvP in WZ need to be a bit more balanced otherwise you are going to have players who try it a few times and not do it again because of OP abilities, I mean why even try if you have no chance? And the fewer players that PvP means that fewer WZ will pop.

people are still mad about a vanish? or "battle stealth" ???????

operatives are so squishy, its our only mechanism to really get away from all you tanks and healer classes to be able to reset the fight.

oh, resetting the fight isn't cool with you? ok... hit me with a DoT and my vanish comes off faster than i can say "ahhhhhhhh" now you can just grapple me back to you and watch me die a painful death.

grapple, knockbacks, and sooo many root abilities should all be nerfed because Operatives don't have any of that!

don't be mad that you dont have an ability, i know your jealous that ops stealth, restealth, revolve around stealth, think about stealth, kill people from stealth, STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH its what we do. get over it, rogues do it all day long in wow, whats the difference? they've been around for years!

Stealth is weaker in swtor then other mmo's. Its harder for stealther to sneak around.This is why bioware invented some cooldowns for stealthers to increase stealth level for a short time.

Restealth requires cooldown during combat and its very long in swtor compared to other mmos.

Man this sounds like an attempted nerf on spy stealth in SWG. Jedi had a force cloak too, but it lasted only about 15 seconds. Melee spies could take down a fully buffed level 90 in 3 seconds, or less. Also, melee, and sometimes ranged spies, would group and cherry pick players in groups to take out. They were dropping like flies. This was in the old city. It got so bad that spies were outcasts. Hardly anyone wanted them for instance groups. The hatred of the spy class was also palpable on the forums. If a spy ganked someone, many times he would be the recipient of hate tells with inflammatory language. That part was kind of fun.

people are still mad about a vanish? or "battle stealth" ???????

operatives are so squishy, its our only mechanism to really get away from all you tanks and healer classes to be able to reset the fight.

oh, resetting the fight isn't cool with you? ok... hit me with a DoT and my vanish comes off faster than i can say "ahhhhhhhh" now you can just grapple me back to you and watch me die a painful death.

grapple, knockbacks, and sooo many root abilities should all be nerfed because Operatives don't have any of that!

don't be mad that you dont have an ability, i know your jealous that ops stealth, restealth, revolve around stealth, think about stealth, kill people from stealth, STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH STEALTH its what we do. get over it, rogues do it all day long in wow, whats the difference? they've been around for years!

This is nonsense.

Operatives being squishy is only relevent if you're a bad operative. Good operatives aren't alone in the open, therefore this is moot.

Don't get me wrong, there are TONS of terrible operatives that I can kill 1 on 5 even with them all spamming stuns that don't have DRs. However, a good operative can do too much because his class tools are OP in his hands, and mitigation doesn't seem to exist against his attacks. I've seen operatives take 20k hp tanks down to 6k before they get out of their stuns (trinket one, and a good operative will be sitting on his second).

They have too much CC, and do too much damage within that CC chain. Fix one or the other and the problem goes away.

These classes stealth out of combat before they get to half life and come back fully healed to sneak attack again and again until they finally get a kill.

Well if they are out of the battle healing then kill their teammates and when they come back from their break you can outnumber them 8 to 1.

You know what is really unfair, healing. That is WAY overpowered

WOW, I didn't know it was that serious bro. I will admit stealth was a major problem in WOW because rogues could close the gap so easily. I don't have ANY problems with stealth classes TOR, you might want to start putting some DOT's on them.

I play a BH, I love when they stealth away and my nuclear missile goes off revealing their location. LMAO.

Thank you Bioware for you lack of originality and making a COOKIE CUTTER ability that all mmo's have and that is a BATTLE STEALTH.

All you did was to take some stupid idea for making a large imbalance in the game and implemented it and defend it as a SPECIAL ABILITY.

Defend the decisions however you want all you did was to make it so people playing these classes will never die in PVP.

And that is exactly what is happening. These classes stealth out of combat before they get to half life and come back fully healed to sneak attack again and again until they finally get a kill.

Yawn. Show me an MMO message board where this same argument is not made verbatim. Any MMO with a rogue class has this same complaint.

You do realize that the "vanish" ability for both shadows/assassins and the smuggler/IA classes is on a 3 minute CD, right? That's better than some other games with 2 min CD's.

stealth while in combat is regarded as an expensive ability with high cd in many games.

It's free here.

Wrong, it is on a 3 minute CD in this game. That's better than other games with 2 min CD's and stealth that is not breakable by DoT's.

dots do not have any impact on a stealth class' ability to vanish/escape in this game.

Er, yes they do. It is quite common to hid vanish and then be broken out 2-3 seconds later by a dot.

You can pop evasion too and that will knock off harmful effects. That is what you are seeing. But that takes 2 2 minute cooldowns, not just 1.