Kaggath Tournament - Revan vs Xizor

Beniboybling

OK I think I'll release the finals pretty soon, but before I wrap this debate up I'd ask you to consider this, the whole debate pretty much hinges on the below...

But concerning this debate, seems to be a lot of points for Xizor and the general consensus seems 'death by assassination/sabotage etc'. But I think we need some more definitive points for Xizor taking out Revan. I mean assassinating him is all well and good, but Revan is a Sith Lord and he is aware that Xizor - being a crime lord - is not going to attempt to destroy him via one-on-one combat or in a large scale duel. He will expect assassination, sabotage etc etc. because that's how crime lords work. To ward against such a threat he will likely do one of the following: lock down his vessel, no-one goes in or out without his permission or retreat to the Temple of the Ancients on Lehon, which is something of a natural fortress not to mention a hidden one. In both situations it suddenly becomes incredibly difficult for Xizor to kill Revan.

What's more Revan may very well anticipate evasive and underhanded tactics from the 'Prince of Crime' and so will be wary of charging straight into Coruscant - infact now I think about it its a pretty dumb tactic anyway - only to have Xizor flee. Instead he will likely send assassins to scout the area, if Xizor is there they've got a pretty good chance of killing him. But if Xizor has retreated already (more likely scenario) they will find nothing and report back to Revan. Which means Xizor's decoy will fail (did I just argue with myself there?) That's all I've got for now. I leave you guys to come up for counter points for Xizor and Revan supporters to come up for a death scenario for Xizor...

• Replies 215
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK I think I'll release the finals pretty soon, but before I wrap this debate up I'd ask you to consider this, the whole debate pretty much hinges on the below...

I wouldn't wrap things up so soon. Warren is working on a few scenarios, as am I.

And besides, most of this thread has been discussing the specifications of ships. We haven't done much scenario-wise.

Revan will expect assassination, sabotage etc etc. because that's how crime lords work. To ward against such a threat he will likely do one of the following: lock down his vessel, no-one goes in or out without his permission or retreat to the Temple of the Ancients on Lehon, which is something of a natural fortress not to mention a hidden one. In both situations it suddenly becomes incredibly difficult for Xizor to kill Revan.

So you present two defenses here. Gonna start with the easiest first.

1.) Lock-down on Lehon

Makes no sense to the character. Revan would never do this. He's too strong, too driven, and too much of a figurehead to retreat. The last time he was in a war, was he hiding? No, he was on the front lines. Commanding from his flagship, not from some meditation chamber. He didn't hide from Jedi, there's no way he's hiding from criminals. Arguments that don't make sense to the character would never happen, and so shouldn't be evaluated.

2.) Lock-down of "his vessel"

A couple refutations:

a. What is "his vessel"?

Ambushing Revan's fleet is a major option for Xizor. If, as you say later in this post, Revan does not attack Coruscant, that means Xizor has his navy at the ready. Not to mention he will quickly be able to gather forces and underworld tech and employ his info network. Xizor could use a gravity well + his fleet + thousands of Black Sun forces + info network to strike at Revan's core fleet at its weakest. And Revan's ship, no matter how locked down it is, can't withstand the firepower of mass-drivers, torpedoes, etc. For sure if it's a standard-class battleship. And seeing as all they have to do is kill Revan, they could focus solely on his ship, all they have to do is kill it and they win. And Xizor would be across the galaxy, out of harm's way and still gathering forces in case it fails. BOOM Scenario.

b. Lock-down? Psh.

I was under the impression that ALL war ships were locked down during like.... war. But Star Wars assassins are something else. There are other ways to get into a ship than through the airlock. Using the info network to locate Revan's fleet, and stealth tech to get them there, IG-86's and/or other assassins could easily make a space jump to the hull. Revan's ship will have to stop to refuel, resupply, and reevaluate, so there will be plenty of oppertunity, more so as time drags on. It would be simple to either 1.) cut into the hull/break a window (Bridge?) and storm the ship, 2.) go for the engines/auto-destruct, or 3.) attack the engines themselves via spacejump without even setting foot inside. BOOM Scenario.

Instead he will likely send assassins to scout the area, if Xizor is there they've got a pretty good chance of killing him. But if Xizor has retreated already (more likely scenario) they will find nothing and report back to Revan. Which means Xizor's decoy will fail (did I just argue with myself there?) That's all I've got for now. I leave you guys to come up for counter points for Xizor and Revan supporters to come up for a death scenario for Xizor...

Yes, Xizor will desert the place as soon as it starts.

And this scenario (discovering the decoy) only gives Xizor his fleet at full power and lots more time. So if this truely is how it would happen, it only helps the Dark Prince.

Edited by Warren-Stride

How many assassination attempts did Revan contend with over the course of his lifetime again...

Remember, Revan probably would have clobbered the Jedi Strike team if not for Malek, since Malek is not in play, people need to remember that Revan's underlings were for the most part fanatically loyal to Revan.

Getting an Assassin close to Revan will be rather hard to do, even with him not trying to keep a low profile, much less an assassin droid like IG-86, and if we have an IG-86 running around, then Revan could probably build himself an new Assassin Droid to replace HK-47, and quite frankly in some ways HK-47 (and if Revan built a successor) was more devious than the IG series droids.

If this turns into a military vs. military campaign then Revan wins; Xizor is a devious underworld mastermind, he is not a military tactician, he isn't good at commanding fleets, but Revan is.

Xizor led by fear and greed; Revan led mostly by loyalty, some of Revan's followers were fanatically loyal to him (which is why Malek was trying to keep news of Revan being alive from becoming public knowledge).

The situation boils down to how long can Xizor dodge Revan versus. how long Revan can dodge the assassins. Considering the loyalty of Revan's forces, I'd say it will take a very long time in order for an assassin to get lucky. Xizor's assassins are good, but Revan supposedly took down Mandalore and knew quite a bit about assassinations, which means he wouldn't be an easy target.

The key flaw for Xizor is arrogance, he might underestimate Revan, but then again in all honesty he might not. I actually think these two individuals could be fairly evenly matched.

How many assassination attempts did Revan contend with over the course of his lifetime again...

Remember, Revan probably would have clobbered the Jedi Strike team if not for Malek, since Malek is not in play, people need to remember that Revan's underlings were for the most part fanatically loyal to Revan.

I am not suggesting Xizor's assassins confront him. Battling Revan = no-no. But blowing up his ship and/or sabotauging the systems for an easy death in space battle is another matter entirely.

Getting an Assassin close to Revan will be rather hard to do, even with him not trying to keep a low profile, much less an assassin droid like IG-86, and if we have an IG-86 running around, then Revan could probably build himself an new Assassin Droid to replace HK-47, and quite frankly in some ways HK-47 (and if Revan built a successor) was more devious than the IG series droids.

Since when do IG series droids "run around"? They are skilled assassin droids, they will have no problem employing Xizor's tech and intel to find Revan's ship.

Okay, on this HK argument.

1.) Where does he get these parts? The Black Market? Good luck, the Black Sun kinda controls that.

2.) So..... instead of leading an army, Revan sits in his room all day building a droid?

3.) It would be a prototype with no combat experience.

If this turns into a military vs. military campaign then Revan wins; Xizor is a devious underworld mastermind, he is not a military tactician, he isn't good at commanding fleets, but Revan is.

Xizor led by fear and greed; Revan led mostly by loyalty, some of Revan's followers were fanatically loyal to him (which is why Malek was trying to keep news of Revan being alive from becoming public knowledge).

The situation boils down to how long can Xizor dodge Revan versus. how long Revan can dodge the assassins. Considering the loyalty of Revan's forces, I'd say it will take a very long time in order for an assassin to get lucky. Xizor's assassins are good, but Revan supposedly took down Mandalore and knew quite a bit about assassinations, which means he wouldn't be an easy target.

Xizor doesn't need to win a war. He needs to win a battle. By throwing all his forces at Revan's flagship with a gravity well to seal the deal, this debate comes down to one battle. And tactics won't save Revan from the wrath of the underworld. They have tactics of their own: hit-and-run, ambushing, etc.

I'm pretty sure loyalty doesn't protect people from assassins...

Edited by Warren-Stride

From what I've seen people seem to think Revan has a better chance of being assassinated than xizor. Whether you like Revan or not he is still Revan. Ya know, the one who killed the dark lord malak, mandalore, and killed a dark council member with no battle whatsoever? Whether Revan has 1 ship or 1000 ships, each ship will be full of droids, sith, star fighters, and alike.

Revan is a MASTERA tactition. Petty assassinations and hit and runs wont kill him. It would take something much more devious and well thought out besides saying a droid could take him.

Edited by SevenFC

From what I've seen people seem to think Revan has a better chance of being assassinated than xizor. Whether you like Revan or not he is still Revan. Ya know, the one who killed the dark lord malak, mandalore, and killed a dark council member with no battle whatsoever? Whether Revan has 1 ship or 1000 ships, each ship will be full of droids, sith, star fighters, and alike.

Revan is a MASTER tactition. Petty assassinations and hit and runs wont kill him. It would take something much more devious and well thought out besides saying a droid could take him.

I agree.

Assassins will not kill Revan 1v1. Obviously.

But you misunderstand the argument. Revan could not survive an explosion. The assassins could blow up his ship, without even confronting him. Such as:

a. Self-destruct (hacking)

b. Reactor Core rupture

c. Engine over-heat

d. Bridge destruction

e. Suicide ram

f. Standard Bomb-planting

To name a few. Any self-respecting Star Wars assassin could do this. Or they could pull a Zam Wesel and try to kill him with bugs. This will not come down to a 1v1. Revan will be killed by explosion. Whether that is caused by assassins or an onslaught from Xizor's heavily-equipped fleets.

EDIT: For any who watch Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Ziro the Hutt was part of the Black Sun. So if you're looking for assassins/ a strike team, something similar to the team that freed Ziro from the Republic prison would probably be assembled to kill Revan.

Edited by Warren-Stride

He could always use an escape pod if over a planet. In my personal opinion if someone tried to board revans ship and blow it up from the inside that individual would be dealt with accordingly. Without the Jedi and the republic to interfere what's stopping Revan from attacking coruscant? The black sun don't compare very well to a bunch of sith.

I would think suicide bombing wouldn't be s viable tactic. It's hard to say Revan would expect suicide bombings but revans ship would most likely be guarded by other ships.

It almost (to me) seems to boil down to luck. If the suicide bombings/ambush fails Xizor would be done

EDIT: Were also comparing two people 3000 years or more apart. Obviously Xizors tech

is going to be very very advanced compared to revans.

Edited by SevenFC

I am not suggesting Xizor's assassins confront him. Battling Revan = no-no. But blowing up his ship and/or sabotauging the systems for an easy death in space battle is another matter entirely.

How exactly would they get on his ships? Bribing a guy that is fanatically loyal to someone is rather unlikely...

Since when do IG series droids "run around"? They are skilled assassin droids, they will have no problem employing Xizor's tech and intel to find Revan's ship.

IG series droids aren't exactly subtle, that's my point, not denying they would have no trouble locating Revan, their problem is they are less subtle than a bunch of rampaging HK-50 droids.

Okay, on this HK argument.

1.) Where does he get these parts? The Black Market? Good luck, the Black Sun kinda controls that.

2.) So..... instead of leading an army, Revan sits in his room all day building a droid?

3.) It would be a prototype with no combat experience.

How did he build HK-47 then? Seriously, Revan could simply build another HK droid as a hobby of his on the side, he found time to put together HK-47, and HK-47 wasn't exactly a novice in combat... We're talking about a droid here, Black Sun may control a lot, but they don't control everything, and I suspect that the HK series actually used military equipment components for the most part, cause HK-47 was supposedly constructed while Revan was leading a military force, he wouldn't have been able to hunt down underworld components to construct HK-47.

Xizor doesn't need to win a war. He needs to win a battle. By throwing all his forces at Revan's flagship with a gravity well to seal the deal, this debate comes down to one battle. And tactics won't save Revan from the wrath of the underworld. They have tactics of their own: hit-and-run, ambushing, etc.

One of Xizor's prize "admirals" had trouble against 2 freighters and 12 X-Wings, even with the fact they were facing Rogue Squadron, there is no excuse for having that much trouble even before the Imperials joined in the fray.

I'm pretty sure loyalty doesn't protect people from assassins...

Depends, the assassins Xizor would be hiring would generally be in it for the money, to be blunt you don't get paid if you're dead. So there are risks these assassins would not take, that a fanatic would take, and thus Xizor's assassins might not be as dangerous as many assassins that Revan already had to face.

Translations: Xizor's assassins would not resort to suicide tactics, because they wouldn't collect their money if they died, they wouldn't be willing to lose their life in an attempt to take out their target.

Edited by GarfieldJL

1.) Lock-down on Lehon

Makes no sense to the character. Revan would never do this. He's too strong, too driven, and too much of a figurehead to retreat. The last time he was in a war, was he hiding? No, he was on the front lines. Commanding from his flagship, not from some meditation chamber. He didn't hide from Jedi, there's no way he's hiding from criminals. Arguments that don't make sense to the character would never happen, and so shouldn't be evaluated.

I wouldn't jump to that conclusion so quickly. Yes Revan fights on the front lines but in this situation there are no 'front lines'. Xizor can only muster a large enough fleet to wage a shadow war, and any open tactics will be hit and run, too fast for Revan to react personally. Most of his fleet will be stationary, and Revan can't zip about from one side of the galaxy to another dealing personally with everyone of Xizor's strikes, especially seeing as Xizor is trying to assassinate him.

However as Lehon is in the Unknown Regions Revan would not be able to respond rapidly to any matters that needed his attention and communications would be difficult. So if anything it will be a last resort. But still a possibility. Its the first place Revan will go if he escapes a failed assassination attempt. Lets also remember that Revan is cold and calculating, and a celebrated tactician. He can put aside his 'strong and driven' persona for the sake of practicality and survival.

However because he is not waging full scale war, and because he needs to keep in contact and command of his forces, he very well may simply station a large fleet above Korriban and command his forces from there. Or from another stronghold - which would make it very difficult for Xizor to permeate. And given the 'low-key' status of the war, little if any resupplying and refueling will be carried out. We also have to consider that Revan will realise he is being boarded no matter how they infiltrate the ship (especially if they cut through his hull) and will respond accordingly. First step: get off the ship, second step: defend the engines etc. from sabotage. We have the remember the flagship will be swarming with Sith assassins, dark Jedi, Sith troopers, battle droids etc.

And concerning Revan's flagship, we can assume it had the same specs as the Leviathan which was an upgraded version of the Interdictor. So lets just say 75% of an Imperial II-Class Star Destroyer.

However concerning Xizor. No one has put forward a powerful argument as to how Revan will kill him/track him down. If he escapes Coruscant this could become very difficult.

However concerning Xizor. No one has put forward a powerful argument as to how Revan will kill him/track him down. If he escapes Coruscant this could become very difficult.

All Revan would have to do is hire a very good data slicer and accountant, remember Vader managed to backtrace Xizor's little scheme all the way back to Xizor, despite all the front companies and dummy accounts. Xizor doesn't have the slicing skill that G0-T0 does, Revan would have a much easier time tracking down Xizor than he ever would trying to track down "Goto."

I move to vote, that we stop assuming things cause otherwise it gets into one huge mess. I mean how do we know that Revan's flagship has the same specs as the Leviathan which was one of a kind? We don't, for all we know it could have just been a regular Interdictor cruiser...I mean just because its a leader here doesn't mean that his ship was personally modified or anything.

All Revan would have to do is hire a very good data slicer and accountant, remember Vader managed to backtrace Xizor's little scheme all the way back to Xizor, despite all the front companies and dummy accounts. Xizor doesn't have the slicing skill that G0-T0 does, Revan would have a much easier time tracking down Xizor than he ever would trying to track down "Goto."

Where was this stated?

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

There is a way, but it has a slim chance of working.

I'm thinking Xizor flees Coruscant right away for the safety of one of his hidden bases (Mustafar?). Revan can locate this base, given the right circumstances. He needs to find a member of the Black Sun and use Drain Knowledge on him/her. Revan did this on Lehon to learn the Rakatan language and drive basic into their skulls (Kreia did Drain Knowledge to Atton on Telos). However, the question is, does every member of Black Sun know about the Mustafar base?

So he needs to track down a Black Sun member, use Drain Knowledge, and, on the chance of said member knowing the location of Xizor's base, bring his entire fleet to Mustafar and destroy it along with Xizor.

However, Xizor is not going to be standing around. Leaving his known base of Coruscant gives him (roughly) a week of prep time. During this time he can move agents into Revan's forces. Sneak members of Black Sun into Revan's shipyards to steal or destroy whatever ships are docked there (perhaps send mole-miners like Thrawn did?). Xizor can use this strategy to decimate Revan's "dormant" forces.

He can also move bio weapons into Revan's outposts and bases, killing Revan's organic forces. The only thing Xizor has to really worry about is the Dark Jedi. But really, how many of them know Breath Control?

On the topic of sabotaging Revan's flagship. This can be done. It is not impenetrable, especially for someone like Xizor. First thing he needs to do is get a team of IG-86 droids, give them the best tech and weapons money can buy, and equip them with cloaking fields. Then he needs to get Revan's personal fleet into an engagement. Not too difficult, all he needs is a gravity well generator and his intel network. Send the IG's to Revan's flagship onboard a cloaked shuttle, and let them work.

From here, Xizor has quite a few options. He can have them deploy a bioweapon, or simply destroy the main reactor. They would also sabotage the escape pods and any remaining shuttles to prevent any escape. Either way, it would be over for Revan.

That's how I see it, at least. Xizor has alot of tools that Revan has to deal with. He's facing an enemy with unlimited credits, a galactic intel network, and unlimited access to illegal tech.

Vader hired a slicer to track down who was trying to kill Luke Skywalker in Shadows of the Empire, and not only backtraced it to Xizor, but also discovered the motive behind it.

Can you give a quote or evidence of this? Cause I don't remember anything, of Vader doing as such. Xizor made sure that all of his involvement with the plan weren't traced back to him. His only foul up was uttering Luke's name when him and co were trying to escape Courscant, and being its at Courscant, the Empire picked up the transmission and Vader with the Executor arrived. Vader only suspected Xizor of trying to kill Luke, which worked in his favor cause he did.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Can you give a quote or evidence of this? Cause I don't remember anything, of Vader doing as such. Xizor made sure that all of his involvement with the plan weren't traced back to him. His only foul up was uttering Luke's name when him and co were trying to escape Courscant, and being its at Courscant, the Empire picked up the transmission and Vader with the Executor arrived. Vader only suspected Xizor of trying to kill Luke, which worked in his favor cause he did.

If you have the book handy the pages are 281 - 286.

This doesn't even matter.

All this states is that Revan will know who is trying to kill him and why. And as per the rules, he already knows it's Xizor, and that it's a Kaggath.... so.....

Tracking Xizor's location is another thing entirely.

I move to vote, that we stop assuming things cause otherwise it gets into one huge mess. I mean how do we know that Revan's flagship has the same specs as the Leviathan which was one of a kind? We don't, for all we know it could have just been a regular Interdictor cruiser...I mean just because its a leader here doesn't mean that his ship was personally modified or anything.

K-Canon solves those kind of problems. Speaking of K-Canon. I think I'm going to outlaw any form of HK units, Revan did start creating a HK factory on Telos, but it was never finished. Sure he might have some schematics of HK lying around, but building an entirely new droid takes time and is not really worth discussing.

Anyway moving on, I think this is a perfectly logical assumption to make. The Leviathan I believe, acted as both Malak and Karath's flagship, as Malak commanded it when he betrayed Revan and commanded it from thereafter. Malak is second-in-command to Revan and has an upgraded vessel so it only seems logical that Revan would have to same, if not better - being the leader of the Sith Empire. Either that or he would have commanded the Leviathan himself.

Send the IG's to Revan's flagship onboard a cloaked shuttle, and let them work.

From here, Xizor has quite a few options. He can have them deploy a bioweapon, or simply destroy the main reactor. They would also sabotage the escape pods and any remaining shuttles to prevent any escape. Either way, it would be over for Revan.

Here in lies the problem. Getting onto Revan's flagship is the easy(ish) part, but in order to sabotage it these droids have to fight there way through hordes of assassins, dark Jedi, droids and troopers. And as soon as those IG's breach the ship, Revan's forces will be aware, and likely have stealth field detectors at hand. Basically the IG droids can't just stroll through the ship blowing up engines, destroying reactors and jettisioning escape pods. Everything will be heavily guarded. And as soon as Revan gets wise to what's going on, he will jump ship.

Here in lies the problem. Getting onto Revan's flagship is the easy(ish) part, but in order to sabotage it these droids have to fight there way through hordes of assassins, dark Jedi, droids and troopers. And as soon as those IG's breach the ship, Revan's forces will be aware, and likely have stealth field detectors at hand. Basically the IG droids can't just stroll through the ship blowing up engines, destroying reactors and jettisioning escape pods. Everything will be heavily guarded. And as soon as Revan gets wise to what's going on, he will jump ship.

IG-86's are droids. They don't even need to go inside the ship.

A space jump from the stealthed ship to the hull of Revan's ship would be the obvious first step. Then, many things could happen. But one possiblilty is that the IG-86's space-jump TO the engines, and sabotauge them from the outside. Fire a missle into them. Self-destruct themselves right on top on the engines.

Or, more likely, find a way (cut through the hull or access port or cooling vent or whatever) directly into the engine room. Explode the reactor and/or hack into the system to ensure self-destruct. Saying IGs would have to fight through Sith and soldiers and stuff is incorrect. This isn't a flashpoint. They won't be coming in through a hanger, they'll be going directly for the prize: the engine room and core.

K

Anyway moving on, I think this is a perfectly logical assumption to make. The Leviathan I believe, acted as both Malak and Karath's flagship, as Malak commanded it when he betrayed Revan and commanded it from thereafter. Malak is second-in-command to Revan and has an upgraded vessel so it only seems logical that Revan would have to same, if not better - being the leader of the Sith Empire. Either that or he would have commanded the Leviathan himself.

But where is it noted that Revan's ship was better than or greater then the Leviathan? Revan's flagship is extremely vague and is just an Interdictor class cruiser. But w/e, I guess we can just go with it w/e.

Anyway...as to the boarding action, IG-86 droids have been noted to be unpredictable and some of the deadliest assassin droid's in the galaxy, so its not like they would go for the obvious boarding action as Warren said. One of them actually almost killed Anakin, if it wasn't for Ahoska, they have been noted to think creatively and logically. They are also durable being able to survive hits from an E-5 blaster rifle(in which is powerful) and they also possess great agility, example..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vl9lT1EcmAA

And this was just two of them with regular E-5 blaster rifles, now just picture them decked out with illegal technology/weapons such as disruptor rifles, thermal detonators, mines, and so on and so forth.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

IG-86's are droids. They don't even need to go inside the ship.

A space jump from the stealthed ship to the hull of Revan's ship would be the obvious first step. Then, many things could happen. But one possiblilty is that the IG-86's space-jump TO the engines, and sabotauge them from the outside. Fire a missle into them. Self-destruct themselves right on top on the engines.

Or, more likely, find a way (cut through the hull or access port or cooling vent or whatever) directly into the engine room. Explode the reactor and/or hack into the system to ensure self-destruct. Saying IGs would have to fight through Sith and soldiers and stuff is incorrect. This isn't a flashpoint. They won't be coming in through a hanger, they'll be going directly for the prize: the engine room and core.

Interesting points, accept blowing up the engines from the outside will not destroy the ship, just render it immobile.

The rest is partly speculation. I'm pretty sure cooling vents are internal, and that the only way you can get in and out of any ship is either through the hangar, or an airlock, as everything has to be pressurized and depressurized. If an IG unit where to drop through an exhaust port, they would be vaporized.

We also have to consider that the engine room and any other vital systems will be heavily guarded, that there is no direct route straight to the core or any vital systems, the ship itself will be on a constant red alert, and accessing an airlock may very well trip the alarms.

I think to pull this off successfully, Xizor would have to have a space advantage, so he can prevent Revan from escaping.

P.S. Wolf, I'm not doubting the abilites of IG-86 droids, those things are clearly deadly. But no matter how clever and logical they are, there are only two ways into Revan's flagship. And as soon as anyone becomes alerted to their presence, Revan will likely jump ship.

Actually that engine scenario could be likely, during the battle IG droids sabotage the engines with a few 7-PrG Proton Grenades

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/7-PrG_proton_grenade

Or could just use some thermal detonators. Either way, the battle would just be needed to use as a diversion. Send in some Venators, V-wings, Starvipers, A-wings, eyc etc with other ships that Xizor can get while the IG-86 droids move in on a stealth shuttle, plant the bombs and there ya go one disabled ship.

Now yes Revan could escape, but an escape pod is sort of an easy target. Though even most were equipped with hyperspace travel, though it was limited however he could still escape, but then there is the problem of finding a planet to land on and fast cause escape pods don't have a lot of fuel.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Actually that engine scenario could be likely, during the battle IG droids sabotage the engines with a few 7-PrG Proton Grenades

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/7-PrG_proton_grenade

Or could just use some thermal detonators. Either way, the battle would just be needed to use as a diversion. Send in some Venators, V-wings, Starvipers, A-wings, eyc etc with other ships that Xizor can get while the IG-86 droids move in on a stealth shuttle, plant the bombs and there ya go one disabled ship.

Now yes Revan could escape, but an escape pod is sort of an easy target. Though even most were equipped with hyperspace travel, though it was limited however he could still escape, but then there is the problem of finding a planet to land on and fast cause escape pods don't have a lot of fuel.

Again, that's assuming they get to the engine room, which will be well defended. We also have to consider the scenario were talking about here. Revan doesn't have to take an escape pod, he can take a personal shuttle to another vessel. But that depends on whether he's in the midst of a battle, and who's winning that battle.

The rest is partly speculation. I'm pretty sure cooling vents are internal, and that the only way you can get in and out of any ship is either through the hangar, or an airlock, as everything has to be pressurized and depressurized. If an IG unit where to drop through an exhaust port, they would be vaporized.

Who says anything about going in the exhaust port? Droids are safe in space, so IG-86 could get near a port, and plant explosive charges inside the port- causing a chain reaction and ending in a Death Star like explosion. Kyle Katarn and Luke have both destroyed ships this way. Would it be easy, no. But it is certainly possible. Use an ion charge to disable the turrets around it, and plant the charges.

P.S. Wolf, I'm not doubting the abilites of IG-86 droids, those things are clearly deadly. But no matter how clever and logical they are, there are only two ways into Revan's flagship. And as soon as anyone becomes alerted to their presence, Revan will likely jump ship.

With a gravity well, Xizor can make sure any escape pods can't go into hyperspace, and with an ambush make sure no planet is near enough to land on. In other words, all Xizor has to do is ambush in the right spot, and their will be no jumping ship. Even if Reven gets in a shuttle, he won't be able to go into hyperspace and will easily be shot down.

Edited by Canino

How exactly are the IG-86 droids going to even get on Revan's ship without being detected? We aren't exactly talking about the Ravanger here that only has a skeleton crew if that...

Revan's ship would have a full crew compliment, that means even in the midst of a battle, there would be the report of a hull breach, there are also certain key sections that would be under heavy guard such as the Engineering/Reactor Core and the bridge...

The IG-86 droids would be fighting against elite troopers and a bunch of lightsaber wielding Sith... I don't think the sabotage scenario is plausible.

In order for the IG-86 droids to pull off a forced entry into the ship, they would have to go through the hanger or use an entry pod, a hull breach would be detected rather quickly and an explosive decompression would be stupid for an IG-86 droid cause everything that wasn't nailed down would be flying at them.

Finally, I thought the Leviathan sported unusually heavy armor, that would kinda put a dent in the tunneling into the starship routine.