Star Fortress

Just returned to the game after a 2 year break, main toon sat at 65 having played chapters 1-9 of FE.

Just getting a feel for the game again and working through the latter chapters and eventually into the newer expansion but my question is about Star Fortresses. Are they still worth doing at 65 heading to 70? Im assuming any gear i get will be outlevelled and replaced at 70 anyway? any interesting storys that might make them worth doing or benefits from extra rep etc?

Actually another question, alliance and companion rep: Worth grinding all that while levelling as well?

Thanks in advance :)

The only goodies to be got from Star Fortress runs are decorations, and those only from the story/solo mod as the heroic is either bugged or doesn't drop them anymore. The other gear you get will just be trash loot.

As far as leveling to 70, I usually do it with heroics since they award alliance crates for the four department heads (Hylo, Sana, etc.) You'll want them to be at influence rank 10 (about 20 crates each) before you start running the heroic SF missions. While it's not necessary to have, when they are at rank 10 you can pick up an item from each of them during the mission that makes the end fight easier, especially if you're soloing.

Cool cheers. ill certainly give them a go on solo/story then at the very least.

In terms of end game currently, is there still an emphasis on the alliance? worth grinding the rep or is it defunct at 70?

Companions: same question i guess, there seems to be so many of them now, worth it grinding the rep/affection?

If you mean the Alliance leaders (4 of them) the only point in leveling their affection right now is for the bonuses you get in Heroic Star Fortress mode, but that is not that significant. There is also an achievement of getting to rank 20 with all alliance members.

Regarding companions, it is recommended to get at least one to 50 since that way he will be overpowered for any content you do. It helps a lot for most ppl to have a rank 50 comp. If you are a crafter, higher rank means faster crafting as before, so if you craft you should get a lot of them up to 50.

If you mean the Alliance leaders (4 of them) the only point in leveling their affection right now is for the bonuses you get in Heroic Star Fortress mode, but that is not that significant. There is also an achievement of getting to rank 20 with all alliance members.

Regarding companions, it is recommended to get at least one to 50 since that way he will be overpowered for any content you do. It helps a lot for most ppl to have a rank 50 comp. If you are a crafter, higher rank means faster crafting as before, so if you craft you should get a lot of them up to 50.

Ok so worth doing the Solo/story modes from a story point of view but not really necessary to grind the rep with each. Cool that makes my life a bit easier.

I will focus on companions though.

In terms of getting companions back, ive aquired HK-55 from one of the alliance missions but do the rest come back as you level through the story or do you get them through side quests/achievements etc? Is there a list somewhere of how/where you get them so i dont miss any?

In terms of getting companions back, ive aquired HK-55 from one of the alliance missions but do the rest come back as you level through the story or do you get them through side quests/achievements etc? Is there a list somewhere of how/where you get them so i dont miss any?

Both, actually. Some companions will join you through the story, for others you will have to do side-quests (called alliance alerts) and some don't come back at all (they probably will do so in later story updates) and if you want those back, you'll have to use the terminal on odessen.

Once you did the first alliance alert "to find a findsman" in which you'll get Yuun, all the other alliance alerts that are currently available to you (they are gated by chapters) will show up in your companion tab (default "n"-key). Most of the quests are rather simple, but some require a bit of work (doing pvp, gathering ressources and wait for a rakghoul event, killing world bosses etc...).

Sidenote: there is no real benefit to get these companions from alliance alerts other than some achievments and to satisfy the completionist inside you, unless you really want a certain companion.

Both, actually. Some companions will join you through the story, for others you will have to do side-quests (called alliance alerts) and some don't come back at all (they probably will do so in later story updates) and if you want those back, you'll have to use the terminal on odessen.

Once you did the first alliance alert "to find a findsman" in which you'll get Yuun, all the other alliance alerts that are currently available to you (they are gated by chapters) will show up in your companion tab (default "n"-key). Most of the quests are rather simple, but some require a bit of work (doing pvp, gathering ressources and wait for a rakghoul event, killing world bosses etc...).

Sidenote: there is no real benefit to get these companions from alliance alerts other than some achievments and to satisfy the completionist inside you, unless you really want a certain companion.

Lovely cheers for the pointers :)