Jedi Guardian dps vs Sentinel

migzmando

Hello, I am debating on whether going sentinel or guardian with my new Jedi Knight. I've got him the Tythonian Force-master lightsaber and everything. I'm semi interested in tanking, but I'm just curious if spec'd for dps how a guardians dps compares to sentinel? I would get field respec obviously as a guard and be tanking fps occasionally as a guard, but I'm really curious how each fare dps wise

As the game currently stands there is a sizable difference between Sentinels and Guardians in terms of dps. However with 2.0 Guardian dps is getting buffed to bring it more in line with Sentinels. The consensus seems to be that Sentinels still are capable of higher dps but the gap is far closer.

As the game currently stands there is a sizable difference between Sentinels and Guardians in terms of dps. However with 2.0 Guardian dps is getting buffed to bring it more in line with Sentinels. The consensus seems to be that Sentinels still are capable of higher dps but the gap is far closer.

Couldn't have said it any better myself.

in 2.0 which is wat you wantto be thinking about its unclear weather the gap is closed or not.

They have shaken up vigilancve guardians a lot and some people who play both are parseing the same with each. but there are parses out there with sentinals doing considerably more that guardians from the pts - it is not clear weather these guys are freeky and geared up a lot so thats why the difference or if sentinals still just better.

Im a hard core vigilance guardian player (who also has a raiding sentinal) so i hope its been equilized. but its not clear yet.

in any case the game is designed so all the classes are capable in all the content so in another respect it does not matter - unless you trying to get into a top guild.