Getting Ashara Zavros- Bad storytelling?

Bazile

>>>>>>>SPOILERS!!!!<<<<<<<

So I'm playing through the Sith Inquisitor storyline for the first time and working on convincing Ashara to call up grandpa ghost. I choose all of the good options, and her reasons for going along with my requests seem rather flimsy. (see

starting at around 7:20)

I've just killed her Jedi masters and a bunch of her friends to get there. She rightly starts to freak out, but stops when I claim self defense. Then she quotes the Code ("there is no emotion, there is peace") and then says "I guess there's nothing to do now but summon the ghost." And skips off to do so over the bodies of her fallen comrades.

????????

Why is she just willing to go along with this? I have just killed EVERYONE in the building and am clearly AN EVIL SITH. Why is she still willing to help me? On the other hand, her motivations for summoning the ghost after the player uses evil options ("Do this or else I shoot lightning at you") make much more sense. I guess the developers thought that most people would be choosing the dark side options anyway...?

Her joining my party after that is a little more believable, since she has betrayed the Jedi order by helping me and would have nowhere else to go. Still, I expected more angst over betraying her fellow Jedi than she has shown so far.

Anyway, it seemed out of character and took me out of the game a little bit. Do the light side dialogue options make sense to anyone else?

Edited by Bazile
Spoilers

I leveled alongside my friend who rolled Sorcerer, so I got to watch most of his storyline. He basically took the same path that you just described. During that whole deal I couldn't help but keep asking "What is wrong with this bimbo?" and "Why is she doing this?" I seem to remember a few other bits of dialogue involving her that were also a little too out of character to be a reasonable part of the story. Ashara is just a dumb poorly written excuse to give one of the Sith classes a Jedi companion.