Star Wars: The Old Republic – State of the Game #2

EricMusco

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah a bunch of crap that you can only do in a group. Cause relying on other people so you can have anything to do with your toon is so much fun. Thats really gonna keep your 50's from getting stale.

Ok go ahead with all your "Why play an MMO if you don't want to be in a group" comments.

I'm fairly sure Makeb is also going to be for soloists

Edited by SNCommand

I have an open ticket over a month old - how about giving your CSRs training or adding more to help players.

Guildee got a response from a CSR about the HK part not dropping that they were only helping players with class-related issues - he is a subscriber and deserves better (btw you need to re-write the HK part description to say you get it in Hard mode). They would not give him the HK part and closed his ticket.

Lots of bugs in this game - how about a bug thread and a focus by dev team to do a bug fix....

I think shelving World PvP is a mistake. A solid Open World PvP system would satisfy a large player base. This unites guilds, communities and factions more than anything in MMOs. Hopefully Ilum will satisfy for a while until you can get your &%&! together. Lots of players have been patiently waiting for this already and I doubt many will wait much longer.

Good read! Though I would love to see chat bubbles above the head due to me being an old fashion MMO player... and I don't consider DCUO to that. Also! Hurry up with Same-sex. It's the 21st century and about time we get over the butt hurt about how others want to live their lifes.

I think shelving World PvP is a mistake. A solid Open World PvP system would satisfy a large player base. This unites guilds, communities and factions more than anything in MMOs. Hopefully Ilum will satisfy for a while until you can get your &%&! together. Lots of players have been patiently waiting for this already and I doubt many will wait much longer.

Kinda sad when SGR gets a bigger commitment than PvP does from the Executive Producer...lets us know where we stand in their eyes.

Are you using the Agile method to develop this game? I know it's the next big and new thing that works for a lot of developers, but one thing I have found is that it's hard to come out with a happy medium to fix bugs and get in new enhancements. The bugs seem to win out and new bugs pop up with every new enhancement. Anyways, this seems to be the trend with software companies that utilize the agile method, so I was wondering if that was the route you were taking with the developement teams. The update was vague, but I'm looking forward to seeing improvements in the future. I would definitely like to see bug fixes more frequently as some are left in there that can be critical time wasters, and nothing is worse than playing for hours on something to not be able to finish it because of a bug. I already pre-ordered the expansion and I'm excited to play that too! I have a lot of characters to raise up to 55, so that will definitely give me something new! :D

I am all for World PvP, but if you were here at the Ilum times, it really was an awful gameplay experience. 2 FPS fights are not fun, and it seems the stability of the servers are even worse than before. At the moment, most are lagging just inside WZ's, can you imagine another Ilum fiasco lol? Having said that, it will be interesting to see if they can find another dynamic that encourages small scale World PvP (seems like he hinted to something along these lines), without the massive fail that Ilum gave us. Would be nice to see players taking the fight elsewhere (other than warzones), but I have no confidence in the game engine, and have even less confidence in the development team (as I don't think they get it at all). We will see though.

Good stuff, hope some bug fixes come with 1.7 too.

By the way, open world PvP wouldn't make any sense at all on this game. All WoW children should just drop the idea of "invading the Senate Tower", since both factions don't own the same planets and it took an entire fleet to distract Dromund Kaas' defenses so my Jedi Knight could land there. So yeah, please stick with PvP open areas and warzones and quit whinning already.

Any plans for character/legacy transfers? I feel like that is a market standard service, more than free to play.

Yes I agree this is something we were teased with when they condensed the servers when they called it beta. looked like it worked to me now can my smuggler stop rotting on a server that is across an ocean?

I think this SOTG went much better than the first. looking forward to Ilum since that was the only pvp i considered to be tolerable,except the major lag/low fps.

good to hear so much is in the works. cant wait to test makeb on the pts.

thanks Jeff.

I still want to know if there is any progress (or work at all) on neutral characters. Granted, there can't be a neutral 5 or anything like that, but some kind of reward for staying neutral, as promised from the beginning would be nice.

Sadly, the game's engine just can't handle it.