What if Lucas made 3 movies on SWTOR?

Jax-o-tron

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!

Dang....ppl really don't like lucas lol aleast I respect the fact we wouldn't even be talking or playing this game if it weren't for Lucas's idea of "star wars", I don't even care who makes the movies I just want to see 3 movies about swtor!....I understand it probably won't happen :(

I like how some people love to say if it's not in the movies then it's not canon. Well to me what is not canon is 90% of the stuff that happens in the last 3 movies.

First movie, Vader is seen as your standard child seen in tons of other kid movies before. Basically if it wasn't for the flashy lightsaber fights and Darth Maul, Phantom is basically a crappy Disney movie at best. To me Lucas ruined the image of Vader with this movie. He could of easily laid the groundwork for a child that lived the very hard life as a slave. He could of been maybe been whipped by his boss for whatever reason. His mother could of had a rough life too some how. But to me, they were more like sweatshop workers and not slaves. Anakin's peers all liked him. Why not add more of a motivation to fuel his hatred of life by making some bullies that beat him. Give him that drive to hate, to fear, envy, but instead of that we are given a Disney-like average child.

Second movie, Anakin (Vader) is some whiny emo teenage punk who hates his master, who he looks to as a father, for some lame reason. The reason is he is holding him back?! Where did that come from? Remember what we learned from the first movie. Anakin was an average and somewhat likeable kid. Then we are to believe that he is all of a sudden an emo, hateful, impatient, lustful, fearful, mass murdering teen?! Yet for some unknown reason, Padme knowing all of this decides to marry him anyway. How incredible is that?!

Third movie, Anakin is the same person as the 2nd movie just little older. But he is having nightmares of Padme dying. Great finally!!!! Some real moviation to turn to the dark side. To save his secret wife from doom. He seeks help from Sidious and gets the promise if they work together they can learn the secret to save her. Ok that whole thing was vague but forgiveable I guess. So Anakin turns to the dark side and serves his new Emperor. He leads armies clones to kill more people. Slaughters even more children and others helpless people. But he is driven by his love for Padme and wanting to save his wife from death. Yet at the end Anakin ends up wanting to kill Padme?!

Yes to me, this junk story is not canon. I have seen better acting, story telling in your average soap opera. Funny thing the first 3 movies were like a Space Opera. The last 3 movies were just poorly written and acted trash.

Also its not secert that George Lucas has for years been musing over the idea of making movies 7 , 8 and 9. Though in half of interviews Lucas said it'll never happen...and then in the other half of interviews Lucas says that it might happen but not for a long time. Right now though they are too busy working on the live action Star Wars tv seires.

He would only do it if he could sell more toys. The kotor universe isn't good enough for that (too adult) so most likely he would just turn the NJO into a movie series since it appeals to the younger crowd and has similar ****** characters he's used to writing. (Caedus)

Second movie, Anakin (Vader) is some whiny emo teenage punk who hates his master, who he looks to as a father, for some lame reason. The reason is he is holding him back?! Where did that come from? Remember what we learned from the first movie. Anakin was an average and somewhat likeable kid. Then we are to believe that he is all of a sudden an emo, hateful, impatient, lustful, fearful, mass murdering teen?! Yet for some unknown reason, Padme knowing all of this decides to marry him anyway. How incredible is that?!

I'm not disagreeing with you, but you don't have many teenage relatives or anything do you?

My daughter has turned twelve, and she is turning into Anakin. My nephew was a likeable awesome kid, hit his teens and became a little narcissistic punk.

You'd be amazed by how common it is for kids to suddenly turn into Anakin Skywalker once they hit their teens. They start thinking they know the world inside and out, end up being very condescending, thus talking back to their parents, teachers, etc. Sometimes they even do drastic things to fuel out their anger like drugs, alcohol and violence.

It's not an Anakin Skywalker thing, it's a teenager thing and as much as i think AOTC could have been better, it was a rather accurate display of how teens are.

In the 1980's Lucas reported that he planned on making 9 Star Wars Movies in Total. More recently if you talked to him, he's settled on 6 as his final number of Star Wars Movies - more to the fact he doesn't want to be doing Star Wars movies for the rest of his life and the criticism he's received over the years - especially with some of the changes in the "Special Edition" original series 4-6.

Clone Wars is pretty decent Anime and Story-wise for the story between episode 2 and 3 and turned out pretty good.

Is it wise that Lucas should eventually go back and make episodes 7-9, pass that torch off to someone else to write it, or Leave it alone? Your Thoughts?

Edited by CaptainTowers

Lucas made three movies that were the story of Luke Skywalker in the Star Wars universe.

He then made three more telling the story of Anakin Skywalker in the same universe.

There is no reason he could not make any other stories, set in any timeframe in the same universe.

Maybe perhaps a trio of movies on the destruction of the Sith by the Jedi all those years ago.

Edited by shorlock

Is it wise that Lucas should eventually go back and make episodes 7-9, pass that torch off to someone else to write it, or Leave it alone? Your Thoughts?

If he passed it off, I think it would be to his daughter (Katie Lucas).

Katie Lucas wrote the following Star Wars: The Clone Wars episodes:

Season 3 Episode 7 "Assassin"

Season 3 Episode 12 "Nightsisters"

Season 3 Episode 13 "Monster"

Season 3 Episode 14 "Witches of the Mist"

Season 4 Episode 19 "Massacre"

Season 4 Episode 20 "Bounty"

Season 4 Episode 21 "Brother"

Season 4 Episode 22 "Revenge"

Not going to happen, the events of SWTOR let alone the EU doesnt happen according to Lucas or his movie unvierse.

And that is just bull, if something has been published and nothing gets published without Lucas's aprovel, then its Star Wars and every bit as real as the movies.

The money he is making from the EU is good enough for him, but still the EU not good enough to be real, pfh.

And that is just bull, if something has been published and nothing gets published without Lucas's aprovel, then its Star Wars and every bit as real as the movies.

The money he is making from the EU is good enough for him, but still the EU not good enough to be real, pfh.

You must be new around here. None of the events in the EU ever happened in the movie universe.

He gets away with the approval of products because its in another universe. Similar to the way Star Trek works

Actually, your last 2 examples are completely off base. G-Force, the guinea pig movie had no relation to the old Battle of the Planets...the name was just coincidence. They were a force of secret agent, super-spy guinea pigs.

And Avatar: The Last Air Bender is an American franchise to begin with. The live-action adaptation may have been crap, but that's not a "Americans ruining a Japanese IP" thing.

And your other side doesn't hold up either. The biggest examples of American IP -> Japanese Anime I can think of are the Marvel Comics Anime movies....Have you seen what they did to Wolverine?...ick.

yeah but X men anime are nice, and wolverine looks like a c lassic one.

Iron man is well made too.

Lucas needs to stop with the movies....

Quite right, my friend, quite right. As laughable as the Prequels were, I'd shudder to think what a new batch of movies will bring in comedic value.

More annoying characters, more stupid lines, more bland, "Ho hum, I'm collecting a paycheck" type of acting.

Due to the different classes, it would be EXTREMELY difficult to make a movie anywhere close to SWTOR. However, if he was to take a movie for every class, and then a ninth to wrap them all together, it could happen. However, there are three movies that are rumored to appear around 2017 that only say they will not follow the Skywalker family, so i am certainly hopeful.