Force bubble way OP

heechJunzi

I'd be okay with any of the below fixes:

- make it self-cast only,

- make it fill up proper amount of resolve,

- make it a mezz instead of hard stun,

- make it not available for self-clicking.

That sums up what I would ask for. However, to add detail to the bold part.

That alone makes the ability bugged, adding that to everyone -includeing- teamates being able to use it NO MATTER WHAT SKILL LEVEL THEY ARE makes it broken and overpowered.

Seriously, yall need to open your eyes and see this. This can -not- make it though to F2P.

• Replies 634
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not only I have both Marauder and PT, I also play a concealment operative now.

If they come to the forum and QQ about the bubble stun as lolmara or lolsmasher they really should try to do it on a concealment operative.

Funny thing is people playing non-fotm class like Concealment Operatives didnt cry about bubble stun yet the much stronger classes like Mara/Guardian/PT are chain QQing... well maybe its because none fotm players are so rare nowdays :rolleyes: OR maybe these fotms are so used to sorcs being free kills and is unhappy about a sorc can now pose a threat to their facerolling ACs.

It's because they're terrible. Why else do they QQ. The bubble stun is an annoyance at best and the best way to deal with it is to KILL WHITEY! I mean KILL THE SAGE****

The real fix necessary is that it cannot be clicked off. It should only stun when it's burst through or ends.

As far as resolve, I am a firm believer that BW should be very consistent on resolve rules. But that would mean each bubble stun should add 600 resolve, which is WAY too much. And 300 is way too little and makes an exception to the resolve rules.

Personally, as a sorc player (dps hybrid) and a sage player (hybrid heals), but also a melee player (assassin and PT), I see this as a solution and I've already posted it somewhere else on these forums:

- Lower the stun to 2 seconds

- Make it add 400 resolve

- Make it not be able to be clicked off

It's a slight nerf to the current sorc/sage but it's still a buff to the pre 1.4 sorcs. A 2 second stun is better than a 3 second mezz.

It's because they're terrible. Why else do they QQ. The bubble stun is an annoyance at best and the best way to deal with it is to KILL WHITEY! I mean KILL THE SAGE****

the unfortunate fact is that it's not just an annoyance. it's a pain for any melee dps, but for operatives it negates their damage/play style. if bubble stun is applied to everyone there is no toon that a conceal can attack to do any semblance of a rotation. the bubble breaks on HS, which stuns the conceal for the duration of acid blade, there goes the damage (conceal is front loaded dps). So many groups are going easy mode lately that stealth is becoming less useful for conceal (being dps minded). Sadly now I find my common rotation to be, out of stealth, explosive probe then snipe/overload shot to break bubble, then I will try to gain a rotation. However if the sorc can reapply the bubble (no lockout) the oper has no chance. If the sorc isn't engaged you can sap him so he is CC'd when the bubble breaks, but that's a rare occurrence.

Even a worthless player on a team can turn into an asset by making him a moving CC. All a team needs is a full healer and a hybrid with bubble stun to be effective. Stack 2 healers and one ranged dps on top of each other, all bubbled up, if anyone attacks any of them they are stunned. It's effective and meh.

I have no doubt they will adjust the stun from an ability on the bubble to an ability on the sorc.

the unfortunate fact is that it's not just an annoyance. it's a pain for any melee dps, but for operatives it negates their damage/play style. if bubble stun is applied to everyone there is no toon that a conceal can attack to do any semblance of a rotation. the bubble breaks on HS, which stuns the conceal for the duration of acid blade, there goes the damage (conceal is front loaded dps). So many groups are going easy mode lately that stealth is becoming less useful for conceal (being dps minded). Sadly now I find my common rotation to be, out of stealth, explosive probe then snipe/overload shot to break bubble, then I will try to gain a rotation. However if the sorc can reapply the bubble (no lockout) the oper has no chance. If the sorc isn't engaged you can sap him so he is CC'd when the bubble breaks, but that's a rare occurrence.

Even a worthless player on a team can turn into an asset by making him a moving CC. All a team needs is a full healer and a hybrid with bubble stun to be effective. Stack 2 healers and one ranged dps on top of each other, all bubbled up, if anyone attacks any of them they are stunned. It's effective and meh.

I have no doubt they will adjust the stun from an ability on the bubble to an ability on the sorc.

Stealthers are kinda useless in Rateds anyways and that's the pvp that matters. Also stealthers have the advantage of waiting for the bubble to drop and operatives can lock down a single person pretty nicely. Even waiting for a bubble to drop as a deception assassin then dropping a sorc down to like 40% hp or more before he can do anything puts pressure on the healer and there's like 5.5 seconds that he's not going to do anything so that's 5.5 seconds of 1 healer down and the other healer getting pressured to have to heal the sage or heal the focus target.

The bubble isn't that bad just the fact that the bubble doesn't fill the right amount of resolve is whats bad.

I love the rational behind your post. Tell me, smart man, how can you fix it without making sorc useless in ranked again?

Did I even say anything about sages needing a buff? What post did you read? I just said it is not overpowered you just need to adapt to it and I even suggested how, since with my other 3 melees char I have no problem dealing with it. Learn to read and learn to respect.

And if you think that sorc/sage do not need any kind of buff or that is playable in ranked without this bubble, try to play one at level 50.

Oh my god, you are dumb. I said noone is talking about taking away the bubble....you complain that they would be unplayable without the bubble. You said that sages dont need a buff.....then you said that sages need a buff. You should win the Straw-man Award of the Year.

1. I do not have it

2. Being stunned by the bubble or some other spell is the same thing for me.

I am stunned, and was stunned before this patch, the moment my resolve goes down, if I survive long enough, that is. So, meh @ all of this. :confused:

The only problem now is resolve, so DPSers feel a little bit of the pain, too. I should be the troll and selfish pric and use the lines DPSers used for us Sorcs when we asked for the buff, but I won't. (You know? L2kite, L2heal, L2play...)

However, I do have my opinion on this, but, as long as people can smash me for 6996, I will save it for myself.

The solution is to change the skill so only bubbles cast on the actual caster (sorc/sage) apply the stun effect when they are broken. All other bubbles cast on team mates just work as damage mitigation tools with no stun. I would also suggest that this 'talent', that adds the self-bubble-stun-effect be placed far lower in the tele tree so all 3 specs of sages can obtain it, not just healers. It will also allow healers to go deep into the Seer/Corruption trees.

So the net result is, they will do more healing, there will be less cc overall, they retain their survivability, and they melee players won't spend most of the game cc'd.

Why this works:

• Retains the survivability boost sorcs/sages get with the bubble (and which they need).
  • Reduces the overall amount of cc in a large fight. At the moment most of us agree that on the whole it is too much (even if we disagree on why that is the case).
  • It means that sorcs/sages are no longer the only #1 must-have class for Ranked, or highly competitive PvP. At the moment your team is at a serious disadvantage if you don't have a bubble caster and the opposition does. If this change was made, you would just face a healer that has good output and very effective survivability.

Thoughts?

I'm not sure about making it caster only, as sage/sorc dps needs -something- to make it wanted on a team (besides a good/nice player) and this seems a good team utility for that,

What I think should be fixed (even though I love anything that makes mauraders/juggs Q.Q) is the clickable option. Idk if dev's can actually do it, but the clickable part is the bug/exploit part. You can't tell me the dev's intended players to be able to use it like that.

As for resolve, personally I don't care, but Dev's do need to be consistent. If 3 second stuns are suppose to be 600 resolve, make it so. If it's 2 second, then 400 fits. If it goes back to a mezz... no good. It's just free resolve on most teams.

I have a smasher, and I definitely think lolsmash 8k aoe is way too good. It definitely only needs hit for like half of that since it's AoE, and fix the reuse time on the smash its coming up way too soon. It would be nice to have it as a spec that require more player skill than a monkey to play, or really just make the damage not so stupid that even my little sister is making fun of me for playing rage. Edited by warultima

I seriously do not understand how someone plaing a lolclass with loldefensive cooldowns (my gunslinger was getting hit for 460 damage per tick of cloak of pain today (1.1k expertise) ) can complain about another classes defensive cooldown. Before you QQ and whine that they can cast stun-bubble on teammates you have a party wide speed buff, party wide damage buff, party wide heals so STOP THE QQ and L2P and adapt - those are all the things you tell people about sentinels. So people can dps you while youre stunned by the bubble, do you honestly think anyone who got derpsmashed or got a 15k ravage or got force-chocked while he had 2k dots melting his hp or was about to kill you but then you popped undying rage+wz medpack or cloaked or did any other of your many troll moves, do you honestly think any other non sent/mara cares? No we dont, now learn to play. Edited by SajPl

I seriously do not understand how someone plaing a lolclass with loldefensive cooldowns (my gunslinger was getting hit for 460 damage per tick of cloak of pain today (1.1k expertise) ) can complain about another classes defensive cooldown. Before you QQ and whine that they can cast stun-bubble on teammates you have a party wide speed buff, party wide damage buff, party wide heals so STOP THE QQ and L2P and adapt - those are all the things you tell people about sentinels. So people can dps you while youre stunned by the bubble, do you honestly think anyone who got derpsmashed or got a 15k ravage or got force-chocked while he had 2k dots melting his hp or was about to kill you but then you popped undying rage+wz medpack or cloaked or did any other of your many troll moves, do you honestly think any other non sent/mara cares? No we dont, now learn to play.

Sorry, You forgot to read the posts in detail.

Try again.

I have a smasher, and I definitely think lolsmash 8k aoe is way too good. It definitely only needs hit for like half of that since it's AoE, and fix the reuse time on the smash its coming up way too soon. It would be nice to have it as a spec that require more player skill than a monkey to play, or really just make the damage not so stupid that even my little sister is making fun of me for playing rage.

8 k smash?

Dude, try to play versus WH geared ppl, not against pugs in green pve.

8 k smash?

Dude, try to play versus WH geared ppl, not against pugs in green pve.

Well yea I smashed a sage with 1390 expertise for ONLY 6298.

What are you yapping about again?

People in PvE gears I've smashed for 9686 you really want me to mention how stupid it is again?

Edited by warultima

You do not have a Marauder. Go away, troll.

lol sure I dont. Sorry a marauder player arent afraid to tell the truth tho.

I have a marauder and I can tell you marauders are OP as hell. Maybe you dont know how to play and feel you are "fine", which I dont really blame you. Most of marauders are totally newbie trash anyways.

Well yea I smashed a sage with 1390 expertise for ONLY 6298.

What are you yapping about again?

People in PvE gears I've smashed for 9686 you really want me to mention how stupid it is again?

i heal myself for 6-7k in single heal in 2 secs = 1 smash and what now?

you are trolling ppl

....seriously.. ?

Why do you want to nerf sorcerers again? They have one ability which gives them a modicum of survival by stunning melee people nearby.. (gasp) nearby the sorcerer. They have to be nearby the melee person who uses it, to have cast it in the first place. The one class who with full WH armor is still squishy, and who can hold off a single WH marauder for 20 seconds (out of interrupts then) for 2 whole bubbles somehow needs to be NERFED again, why?

Don't forget those sentinels and marauders do 3.8k damage through the bubble on a smash. The commandos can do upwards of 5k through the bubble. The full WH sorcerer only has 20k health, or about 25k with a bubble up. The stun doesn't last long enough to kite or run away without teammates near by to help.

How about Bioware increases the damage Affliction does from 200 a second to 500 a second, so the ability would actually have a use in a war zone? How about fixing Overload so that it does force damage 8-10k... instead of 1.2k? How about making Overload work behind the sorcerer so that it can be a viable trick for running away from certain death? How about making force slow hit for enough damage, say 1k a tick so that it is worth wasting the refresh time to cast it?

By the way.. how about making force lightning do more damage the closer the target is to the sorcerer... 1k a tic at 30m, 2k at 20m, and 3k at 10m... give those melee's a reason to use tactics assaulting the easy kill target.

Chisaineko

50 WH heals/bubble/dps sorc

i heal myself for 6-7k in single heal in 2 secs = 1 smash and what now?

you are trolling ppl

Baddie has spoken =) amazingly there are still people out there that cant interrupt.

Oh yea and 6-7k heal (lol) dont go to 5 people like tardtardsmash.

Edited by warultima

....seriously.. ?

Why do you want to nerf sorcerers again? They have one ability which gives them a modicum of survival by stunning melee people nearby.. (gasp) nearby the sorcerer. They have to be nearby the melee person who uses it, to have cast it in the first place. The one class who with full WH armor is still squishy, and who can hold off a single WH marauder for 20 seconds (out of interrupts then) for 2 whole bubbles somehow needs to be NERFED again, why?

Don't forget those sentinels and marauders do 3.8k damage through the bubble on a smash. The commandos can do upwards of 5k through the bubble. The full WH sorcerer only has 20k health, or about 25k with a bubble up. The stun doesn't last long enough to kite or run away without teammates near by to help.

How about Bioware increases the damage Affliction does from 200 a second to 500 a second, so the ability would actually have a use in a war zone? How about fixing Overload so that it does force damage 8-10k... instead of 1.2k? How about making Overload work behind the sorcerer so that it can be a viable trick for running away from certain death? How about making force slow hit for enough damage, say 1k a tick so that it is worth wasting the refresh time to cast it?

By the way.. how about making force lightning do more damage the closer the target is to the sorcerer... 1k a tic at 30m, 2k at 20m, and 3k at 10m... give those melee's a reason to use tactics assaulting the easy kill target.

Chisaineko

50 WH heals/bubble/dps sorc

Yeah because force lightning ticks are 10m of 3k would not be too much? Think about what you proposed and then think about it again until you see what the problem is.

It's been said over and over and over, the problem isn't with the Sorc/Sage bubble, it's with everyone else getting the bubble.