Call me greedy...entitled.. all you want..

Ayelinna

Wow, there must be a lot of free players commenting on this thread, because seriously 500 cartel coins, that just shows that we are second class to bioware. If you think we are being greedy, then I just figure you must be free to pay.

Free to Players can't post on these forums, duh. Paying a subscription gets rid of loads of little restrictions, and some cartel coins, yes EA/Bioware want you to buy more, that's because they are a business, and this MMO is not making nearly as much money as you think. Just because you think you are entitled to more doesn't make it so.

Edited by AlexDougherty

• Replies 483
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've checked the Dev tracker and all posts related to the Sub appreciation. Nowhere do they state it will be unique or special, simply just an "appreciation for subscribers". They showed that appreciation with Cartel Coins, and ONLY subbed players were given 500 coins for free today. That certainly meets the criteria of the Subscriber Appreciation.

If you all had other expectations of what the gift should have been, that is your own fault and not theirs. There was no misleading when it came to the verbiage used in either of their announcements. At this point, it seems everyone had some different version of what was "promised" playing in their heads.

The only thing promised was something to show appreciation to subscribers.

My contention, and that of many others it appears, is that an extra month's CC only says that EA/BW appreciates subscribers that spend CC's.

A gift card is still a gift, but it does not show appreciation the way an actual item that the gift giver spends time and effort to choose does. When someone makes an effort to chose a gift that fits the receiver in some form, it shows that care was taken by the gifter.

Subscribers (not all of them, mind you) are feeling just a bit put out by the amount of focus being placed on the Cartel Market. The best way to show subscribers appreciation is NOT to give them a gift card to the very thing they might be irate about.

If EA/BW could go to the trouble to make a unique speeder (of which there are no reskins available) just for the small number of players that jumped through the hoops referring friends to the game as subscribers, they could just as easily put forth the same effort to let subscribers know they are appreciated without using the reviled Cartel Market.

The expectation was simply that subscribers would be appreciated, not lured into using the Cartel Market with a free sub month of CC.

The only thing promised was something to show appreciation to subscribers.

My contention, and that of many others it appears, is that an extra month's CC only says that EA/BW appreciates subscribers that spend CC's.

A gift card is still a gift, but it does not show appreciation the way an actual item that the gift giver spends time and effort to choose does. When someone makes an effort to chose a gift that fits the receiver in some form, it shows that care was taken by the gifter.

Subscribers (not all of them, mind you) are feeling just a bit put out by the amount of focus being placed on the Cartel Market. The best way to show subscribers appreciation is NOT to give them a gift card to the very thing they might be irate about.

If EA/BW could go to the trouble to make a unique speeder (of which there are no reskins available) just for the small number of players that jumped through the hoops referring friends to the game as subscribers, they could just as easily put forth the same effort to let subscribers know they are appreciated without using the reviled Cartel Market.

The expectation was simply that subscribers would be appreciated, not lured into using the Cartel Market with a free sub month of CC.

What all this boils down to is rather simple: I wanted my gift to be X and it was Y. Shame on you for even giving me that gift".

We can talk around it, but that's basically it.

What all this boils down to is rather simple: I wanted my gift to be X and it was Y. Shame on you for even giving me that gift".

We can talk around it, but that's basically it.

This post says it all.

It really doesn't, it ignores the problem and shoves it under the rug.

There are subscribers who have supported this game through thick and thin. These people were told that they'd have access to everything Bioware added to the game. Instead they've had to pay for the expansion just so they could compete. These people deserve recognition of their investment and of their patience. Cartel coins are simply not good enough. They don't cost Bioware anything and they don't get subscribers anything that everyone else can't get. Right now a subscription is worth very little. All we want is for Bioware to make it worthwhile for us to continue to subscribe.

All we want is for Bioware to make it worthwhile for us to continue to subscribe.

And a different FREE gift will do that?

If you're subscribing to the game at the moment based on existing content, then great, if you're subscribing because you're hoping your money will fund the future development of the game to fulfill it's potential in your eyes, then you're naive but I can understand having that hope... but if you're subscribing because you want a cool FREE gift that makes you a special snowflake compared to people who don't happen to be subscribing in that particular month when the FREE gifts are handed out... I pity you.

Cartel Coins can be used by anyone. This isn't subscriber exclusive. I was expecting to get something that would be exclusive for subscribers, such as a new mount, an item perhaps, but nope, they decide to give us 500 cartel coins, 100 less than I get each month for subscribing to the game.

This game is turning into a damn shop.

Yeah, because you tricked us into saying we'd get something about "4th of July" but you never actually made anything so you thought "Quick quick we need to make them feel appreciated give them 500 cartel coins!!"

I was expecting something exclusive for subscribers. I'm so sorry if you can't understand that.

This is just another incentive to get more subscribers to put money into buying more cartel coins.

Here's my message to you Bioware. Give subscribers something unique, make me and many other subscribers feel appreciated for subscribing. Like I said, cartel coins can be used by anyone, people give you like $50 a week in cartel coins and you're rewarding them by putting more items on the cartel market. But what about subscribers? Have you forgotten about them? Its like you're treating subs as second class... So GIVE us something to make us feel appreciated, something that only subscribers can have/use.

Very disappointing for me Bioware. Anyway, better put on my flame suit, the defenders are coming!

First of all OP this gift of 500 CC was only given to subs. So you trying to open your post by claiming BW did not deliver something sub exclusive was a flat out lie...

Sure you personally are not satisfied with the gift....but please don't tell blatant lies to try and cement your flawed point of view...it smacks of desperation.

Now OP we have all seen your recent threads...we are all aware that you think...we all know that you think you are the only player entitled to own a bow caster because anyone else owning one detracts from your importance derived from the special feeling you get from owning virtual items in a virtual world....

We all know you are elitist, selfish and extremely self entitled....but this latest OP???? Not sure if serious??

BW give you an exclusive sub only gift and you are churlish to complain about it....sure it was not what YOU wanted...but then again you have shown previously that you have a propensity to set your own expectations incorrectly and then show off like a spoilt brat when they are not met

But seriously...BW give you five bucks of CC for free and you complain....was it what you wanted? No....(shocker)..

WAs it free and sub only like BW promised? Yes....

if someone gave the OP a lump of gold he/she would complain you gave them no bag to carry it in :(

Truly a first world problem and a truly self entitled OP....

Driz

Edited by ImperialSun

You say that, but I have nothing to be ironic about. I've never dictated to anyone how they should spend their money or play the game. Theres a difference between dictation and suggestion. So there, you have no point lol

Yeah we get it OP...

When you say something it's a suggestion....

Anyone else saying something is them dictating to you and harassing you...airtight??? :)

Driz.

I would have to agree, some people may or may not use the mount. But the mount would be something unique to subscribers only, where as Cartel Coins can be used and purchased by anyone. This is what the whole thread is about.

Some people feel this is just lazy, underwhelming to get 500cc when they could have put a lot more thought into something else.

I'd much rather have the CC thanks BW!! This is better in my opinion because it gives me options instead of someone else choosing what reward I get...options are always good right?

And to the OP....having the same generic mount or pet as 200-500k subscribers does not make you unique would it? It would make you "just the same" as all the other subs :)

Driz.

Edited by ImperialSun

First of all OP this gift of 500 CC was only given to subs. So you trying to open your post by claiming BW did not deliver something sub exclusive was a flat out lie...

Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation. I mean we already get 600cc per month, but for this I was expecting something other than 500cc..

We all know you are elitist, selfish and extremely self entitled....but this latest OP???? Not sure if serious??

Well, reported for harassment.

a spoilt brat

Stop harassing me.

you complain...

Your opinion.

It's not hard to grasp. I understand it quite fine. Do you understand what the word semantics means? Yes, this grant was exclusive to subs because only subs got it. That's the literal meaning. I'd wager that a lot of us took the meaning of exclusive to be more like unique. I guess that's our fault. But it was a missed opportunity.

It's like a kid who gets an allowance. The parents notice their kid has been extra helpful around the house and decide to reward them with something special. The kid gets excited at all the prospects of what that might be, but it turns out that they end up just giving them a few bucks extra. It's a build up and a let down. Sure they got a few extra bucks, but it's not exciting. There's no surprise. There's no going around showing friends the cool new thing they got.

Sure some people may be quite happy to get the money. But others were expecting something different. There's no meaning behind it. No effort. If people were clamoring for some sort of appreciation for being subs and putting their money where their mouth is to help support this game, it's like BW literally just tossed a few coins their way to appease them. They took a prime opportunity to make some kind of cool little item as a way of saying thank you, and turned it into a cold lackluster gesture. It's a matter of how you interact with your valued player base.

Is that so hard to grasp?

Well if you want to play the semantics card maybe you should go look up the word unique....

If BW gave a new mount or pet to all paying subs....no single player would have a unique reward either would they...

Or did you really expect each and every player would get a truly unique one off reward?? Or course not. Therefore the only other rational interpretation is that the grant would be unique rather than the item...

Driz.

I'm sure they kept it as non-denominational as possible. Would hate to have a riot because Subs got some awesome speeder and F2P got the finger.

So what you're saying is....F2P and Sub mean the same thing to them, so really our subs aren't valued....gotcha.

Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation. I mean we already get 600cc per month, but for this I was expecting something other than 500cc..

Im sure you complain to your boss when you get an xmas bonus check for 500 quid too... and then tell him that "It would have been better if you got us all a sweater, that would have shown you cared more"

Giving a "unique" item to all subscribers would have failed massively for 3 reasons.

1: It would not be "unique" in any way. Around 500 000 people would have one.

2: Most of those people wouldn't like it. (since most have different tastes and all feel entitled to get what they want. Just look at the outrage when they sent out fireworks for the 1 year anniversary.)

3: Judging from how rarely i see the founder title or the taun-taun pet, most people wouldnt even use it.

Giving everyone 500cc free of charge was the best intermediate.

They could have given us in-game cash, but since alot of people have millions of credits already that woulndt have mattered.

Titles, pets, mounts and other items would have been a failure no matter how you look at it.

Every CC grant for subscribers is exclusive to subscribers. Your contention that this is somehow a unique appreciation gift means you don't understand the definition of unique.

This grant is an extra grant. BWEA is obliged under the terms of the subscription agreement (until such time as the change the agreement) to provide the monthly stipend. They were under no obligation to provide this grant. So this grant is exclusive and unique to subscribers who meet the criteria. If someone subscribes next month, they will not get this grant.

That's their fault for jumping to conclusions, then, isn't it?

Edited by branmakmuffin

So by your line of reasoning, if your job gave you a $1000 bonus, you'd complain because anyone can use cash?

If I received a $1000 bonus from my work, I'd run to the bank real fast just to make sure it didn't bounce.

Many people got the impression that we would get something sub exclusive considering its "subscriber" appreciation.

Impressions are not reality. Reality is reality.

And what you just described, and how you did it, is called "projecting". You are projecting your own feelings on "many people". Speak for yourself, not others.

No disrespect... but it is something you do a lot of, so I am not surprised if you do not understand what it means and why it's not the best communications style if you wish your thoughts to respected objectively. You do not need to gather "the many" around you to give weight to your feelings and opinions. Nor do you have to declare things you do not like "a joke" either. It's dilutes what you are wanting to express to others.

Edited by Andryah

Impressions are not reality. Reality is reality.

And what you just described, and how you did it, is called "projecting". You are projecting your own feelings on "many people". Speak for yourself, not others.

No disrespect... but it is something you do a lot of, so I am not surprised if you do not understand what it means and why it's not the best communications style if you wish your thoughts to respected objectively.

You do not need to gather "the many" around you to give weight to your feelings and opinions. Nor do you have to declare things you do not like "a joke" either. It's dilutes what you are wanting to express to others.

In an earlier post, the OP admits to be a (paraphrased) "15 year old girl who has not experienced other Star Wars related games/books." Not saying age is an issue, but in this case the lack of real world experience is certainly a valid reason to excuse the limited thought behavior.

Edited by Superman_AZ

When the Cartel Market was first released for me it set what at the time I thought would be how it worked. What it made me think it would be like was it had fun items (Which it still does) and contains unlocks that subscribers receive gratis. The biggest thing that originally was in the cartel market that at the time, that I stupidly believed would be how the market was handles, Section X.

Section X was a story area complete with an unlock-able companion that subs automatically had access to and while F2P players could gain access, that area made me feel that my subscription was still worth it, when the transition happened. I liked HK-51 and Section X that was a good perk to me for being a subscriber.

Now though it like the rug was pulled out from under me. Sure people can say that I should not have had that expectation, but hey I did. Now we have bonus story content only accessible from the market, or GTN where the seller got it from the market, but to me buying something with credits does not equal an acceptable alternative to see story content. We haven't seen anything like Section X since the cartel market has been released and this is what I feel is creating this unhappiness with subscribers. Sure some will claim they want exclusivity, but over all many of them would be perfectly content getting something that a F2P has the option to buy access to, but a subscriber gets access just from being a subscriber.

Now we have a new companion on the horizon, this is a good think I like story added to the game. Unfortunately it's been presented int he worst way. We have to purchase this little guy? I mean come on, this was a golden opportunity to do some actual subscriber appreciation. If the Ewok was set up like HK-51 and section X, I guarantee

a lot of this subscribers feeling unappreciated talk would stop. Instead you make some mention of subscriber rewards just to give out some cartel coins. People are looking at this the wrong way too, both sides. Have you ever heard the expression "it's the thought that counts" when receiving gifts. This "gift" we received had no thought or even any kind of work placed into it. This makes us feel bad. Do we mean so little that you didn't even want to put any thought into what you gave us even after you teased us with "look forward to a gift of appreciation for being a subscriber", you placed almost no work into what you gave us.

This is just my thoughts. Take it how you want. I aspect many will disagree, but I am not saying it to change any minds. Just wanted to get my opinion out.

I read the OP and imho believe that he is wrong.

Bioware could have given us a unique title, armour, pet etc and someone would have complained - by giving us CCs they have given us a choice.

I would have said thank you if I had received a pet or whatever but tbh I don't use the ones I have. My subscription buys me access to all of the games content which is enough for me, the subscriber bonus was just that - a nice bonus.

The fact that it is CCs means i can now get something that I actually want and before you say its not enough as a subscriber (with a key fob) I'll get another 600 CCs shortly and another 600 next month now thats enough to get pretty much anything I want :)

I can understand the OP wanting something original and unique for being a subscriber, but tbh if he's that upset about not receiving a virtual pet ackley or whatever then I imagine he must lead a very stress free life as there really are bigger things to worry about...

In an earlier post, the OP admits to be a (paraphrased) "15 year old girl who has not experienced other Star Wars related games/books." Not saying age is an issue, but in this case the lack of real world experience is certainly a valid reason to excuse the limited thought behavior.

Heh.. well I missed that admission....since I do not follow her every post. :) That does explain a lot though.

I do see some signs of learning and adaptation in her posts over the last few days....though she still plays the "harassment" card way too much IMO.

Edited by Andryah

. . .

My subscription buys me access to all of the games content which is enough for me, the subscriber bonus was just that - a nice bonus.

. . .

This is the problem. Since HK-51 and Section X there has been no content released that the subscriber had inherent access to. So what is your subscription getting you exactly? Since HK-51 there was the expansion which Subscriber/F2Per alike had to purchase. The release of the NiM Ops which is available for F2P at no difference then regular OPS sure they need to buy those passes, but they do not need to purchase the ability to enter NiMs and those passes were already available so really F2Pers were given that content at the same level that subscribers were. The Character Customizations which were only available on Cartel Market, another instance of subscribers not being granted access to content. Then we had those newest packs which had actual story based cut scenes in them, congrats as subscribers we were not even allowed to have have access to all story anymore. So what exactly are you getting anymore? Now a new companions you either shell out credits or coins. No benefit to being a subscriber there.

Sure we had the based liberties given to us at the start up but at this point it might be cheaper to just purchase enough coins to unlock all the unlocks then not subscribe because no new content is ever given to subscribers anymore it's all in the cartel market.