No Cross Realm LFG tool please!

MUFanatic

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

• Replies 992
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am disappointed to see the cross realm LFG tool being talked about as a future addition to the game. I was really hoping to keep that out of TOR just because of it's ability to destroy community in a game. I would be all for LFG server wide but cross realm is a no go for me.

'splain how.

People get together and do some mission/whatever and then go back to their respective servers until they do it again. Why limit people grouping up to just their server?

As I understood it what was talked about was getting people together for ops/fp not regular missions. They'd basically be transported to that 'arena' do the thing and then they go 'home' to their servers.

'splain how.

People get together and do some mission/whatever and then go back to their respective servers until they do it again. Why limit people grouping up to just their server?

As I understood it what was talked about was getting people together for ops/fp not regular missions. They'd basically be transported to that 'arena' do the thing and then they go 'home' to their servers.

It's difficult to explain. Those of us that experienced its implementation in WoW probably make up the bulk of those not wanting it here. There are plenty of threads here and over at WoW that have discussed it to death. My quick take, it promotes ***-hatery and the killing of the zones. 99% of the WoW population are in the two faction capital cities, the zones are a ghost town.

Here is why I'd NOT want to see this:

Server rep is the only measure we have for players who behave badly in pick-up groups. Once cross-server LFG is put into play, a player's rep ceases to be any concern, and all manner of ******tery ensues.

We saw it with WoW, I'd much rather NOT see it in SWTOR.

Ever.

I just don't see the whole destruction of community argument, I played WoW for years before the LFG tool and after it was implemented and my community was fine. Heck we would still group up and enter the Q, sometimes only needing one person to fill the last spot because our regular wasn't online.

I am asking this as a sincere question. What community?

ToR does not have one to ruin. Everyone is basically playing ToR as a single player game, locked away in their own story lines and easily solo-able instances. Other players may as well all be NPCs running around in the background.

I just don't see the whole destruction of community argument, I played WoW for years before the LFG tool and after it was implemented and my community was fine. Heck we would still group up and enter the Q, sometimes only needing one person to fill the last spot because our regular wasn't online.

this.

It's difficult to explain. Those of us that experienced its implementation in WoW probably make up the bulk of those not wanting it here.

I was there for the addition of cross-server LFGs in both WoW and Rift and as far as I am concerned it was the best addition to either game there ever was.

Frankly I'd go as far as to say that any modern MMO that does not implement a cross-server LFG will not last long. It has, for good reason, become an expected feature, not having it is akin to trying to sell a car without power steering.

I am asking this as a sincere question. What community?

ToR does not have one to ruin. Everyone is basically playing ToR as a single player game, locked away in their own story lines and easily solo-able instances. Other players may as well all be NPCs running around in the background.

Except all of us who leveled with friends, grouped for heroics and flashpoints along the way, and had allot more fun than if we were alone the whole time. What game are you playing?

I was there for the addition of cross-server LFGs in both WoW and Rift and as far as I am concerned it was the best addition to either game there ever was.

Frankly I'd go as far as to say that any modern MMO that does not implement a cross-server LFG will not last long. It has, for good reason, become an expected feature, not having it is akin to trying to sell a car without power steering.

^^This. All this server rep and people behaving themselves because of it is just a load of crap. Dead argument is dead.

Here is why I'd NOT want to see this:

Server rep is the only measure we have for players who behave badly in pick-up groups. Once cross-server LFG is put into play, a player's rep ceases to be any concern, and all manner of ******tery ensues.

We saw it with WoW, I'd much rather NOT see it in SWTOR.

Ever.

yes but what about the people on almost dead servers? It must be a pain in the *** for them to find a group.

Except all of us who leveled with friends, grouped for heroics and flashpoints along the way, and had allot more fun than if we were alone the whole time. What game are you playing?

So you are one of those people that think your experience is everyone else's experience and that if it didn't happen to you personally it never happened to anyone at all?

I'm playing the same game that many others are where I have to spam general for 30 minutes for heroics or an hour (or more) for flashpoints until we just give up and log out in frustration.

I just want a LFG system where I can find groups for heroic quests and flashpoints while leveling up easier.

As of right now, like other MMO games, trying to find a group for a quest while leveling is almost impossible because everyone is max level and doing end game.

It's difficult to explain. Those of us that experienced its implementation in WoW probably make up the bulk of those not wanting it here. There are plenty of threads here and over at WoW that have discussed it to death. My quick take, it promotes ***-hatery and the killing of the zones. 99% of the WoW population are in the two faction capital cities, the zones are a ghost town.

QFT. Cross-server tools completely destroyed whatever community WoW had left at the time. It encouraged people to act like douchebags, because there was no way for them to obtain a 'bad rep' on any particular server. Not to mention that making friends through groups became nigh-impossible, due to the fact that they'd simply vanish back to their own server once the instance was over, never to be seen again.

I will admit though that WoW's community was/is far more toxic than the one I've seen so far in SWTOR, so maybe if this is implemented, it will work out better here. I hope so.