Developer Update: Macrobinoculars and Seeker Droid

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As much as I like to see new features and quests, I'm really not looking forward to another planet by planet scanning the same areas over and over type thing. We had this with HK-47, and as awarding as the quest was to unlock the companion, the method to do so felt tedious.

That being said, I'm enjoying 2.0 very much so far, so I hope I'm just being pessimistic from the little information I've been given here!

The macrobinocular stuff seems pretty decent so far.

The seeker droid, however is just awful. Takes WAY too freakin' long to find stuff. Got the quest to find the seeds, went to Taris, and after a while I feel like I will never do anything with the seeker droid ever again. Never got the first seed yet.

I agree the searching for HK parts was way too boring,I waited for a few months, checked the internet and at least that cut the time down to less than 2 hours of searching ,to have to do this for these quests, I will skip. and as for the macro binoculars, if the Items it finds requires the same hop skip and jump as some of the datacrons,I will be skipping that too.I understand some players like this kind of stuff,so please keep adding,but i will keep skipping

I am so in love with this addition. I've been working on the dailies and various Missions since I hit 52, and they are so much fun. I love that they're not always obvious (The Quesh instance, for example) and that you have to make an effort to figure out how to get the objective. I've been running them on two characters with guildmates, and I am already totally addicted. Also, the rewards?? Awesome.

GREAT addition to the game. Thanks, BW!

Binoculars are fine. An interesting thing and easy to use.

Seeker droids... Sheesh, what can I say. ANNOYING! Really, I do not want to spend ages trying to dig some stuff out and neither waste my cash to buy some short lasting "buffs" to "make it give a bit more feedback". Honestly, make it simple and quick - always at the end of "self location scan" point to correct direction. When within 10 meters, give a green light, between 10 and 20 - yellow, over 20 - red. Also the droid should excavate the right stuff out even when it's near'ish to the object, not right on top of it. I am right now avoiding these seeker droid quests when I can since it's annoying, I don't want to waste a lot of time trying to pinpoint a needlepoint sized spot on the ground what I have to exactly hit - with very crappy directions at that - to have any chance of completing the mission or getting an update.

I'm just interested in the reason why something like this (which nobody was asking for) made it in front of things like pazaak or sabaac or dejarik or swoop racing, which people have been clamoring for since beta? I mean, if there's one thing we learned from Mass Effect, it's that people just can't get enough of scanning, amirite?