Jedi Knights PvP gear is unacceptably pathetic. Be united against it!

Alexious

http://www.google.se/search?q=samurai+helmet&hl=sv&prmd=imvns&tbm=isch&tbo=u&source=univ&sa=X&ei=854LT-WIHJGP4gTo8OWvBg&ved=0CCAQsAQ&biw=1920&bih=976

some nice samurai helmets

anyway, my most fav samurai daiymo of all time is probably Date Masamune, famous for being blind in one eye.

fan art pic here:

http://totalwar.wikia.com/wiki/Date_Clan

and yes, he was almost famous for his helmet, with a crescent moon on top of it in battle.

And btw, bushido/zen fits very well into "jedis" so space samurais isnt that crazy... but that armor was ugly in game...

• Replies 737
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When am I going to look like this?

http://swtormovies.com/movieview.php?id=13

/signed

lol i like this vid but the reality is JK's does not get the looks nor play anything close to what i see in this vid i was duped by a great marketing team. To me this is StarWars the old Empire where they get the cool outfits and overpowered Specs to choose from.Bioware needs to quit with the baby name updates,emotes in vehicles,and quit buffing the empire.If you look at the new patch 1.1 Shadow spec gets a buff in 3 areas and the good JK gets the you can't force leap on holo dancers lol @Bioware. Game companies now either release unfinished games or console ports for the money so i guess we have to choose one or the other.

Edited by D_Rock_

I'm usually the last person to complain about armor, and I can see maybe what the thought process was behind this particular set, but in implementation, it fails horribly. It looks terrible on everyone, and removes you even more from the experience of being a Jedi. How did the level 40 armor look so good, and then switch to this abomination for level 50? Please fix it.

http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.

Eh, the more I look at it, the more I'm convinced it's just the helmet that's god awful. Hide the helmet and I can stomach it.

THAT is supposed to be a Jedi? Really? There are some awesome armors in this game, including PvE ones which I dig a lot. But this is unacceptable.

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable.

Style is very subjective indeed, but somewhere you have to draw a line on what should a certain character look like, or not look like. As subective a style may be, I doubt you will ever consider implementing a pink tennis player outfit style for troopers, or a '70s disco outfit for jedi consulars. That JK outfit is honestly just as bad, tho I realize it must not be easy to imagine many and more different and credible outfits for Jedis since the movies and the general canon don't offer much other that the standard robes.

Still, it's good to know that we'll probably get full customization for looks, that's the best thing you can do about it. The second best thing is change that crappy samurai stuff right off the bat :p

Hello there, all. We wanted to drop a reminder to please not only reply to this thread with "/signed", as the thread will end up being page after page of "/signed" instead of constructive discussion. There is a section of our Rules of Conduct that outlines this:

Petition posts are frowned on. If you have an issue with the game, please discuss it in a civil and informed fashion.

Thank you for your understanding!

http://imgur.com/yzVbx

I think we can easily ALL agree on this. Not only Sentinel and Guardian seem to have the same armor (which makes no sense at all), but it's also outrageously horrific.

It's not even the Samurai look, which could be passed as different. The helmet is the least worrysome part of the set. But the chest, the boots, the leggings, and come on, that thing on the back? We ain't Troopers!

Sign this for developer attention. I personally won't be using this armor set even if it means losing the Expertise.

What the frak is up with the golden metal samurai jedi? Sorry, Bioware, you do NOT have my vote for this one. That's rather horrendous looking.

Hi Alexious,

Style is something that is very subjective and what some people love, others find unacceptable. The solution to that lies in allowing players to control their own style, a function that the core game currently provides via customizable (orange) gear.

Please see Emmanuel's post on extending orange gear viability into endgame to get an idea of our intentions. Obviously, new appearances will also be added to the game over time as well.

Regards

Georg

Georg, How about the Hoods? There are NO hodd down armors for jedi. Is that choice? We don`t have any of the advertised armors. No ETA on the hood toggle, no answer on why there are no hood down versions in game, why they were removed.