HM EC now obsolete.

Main hand and offhand can't be achieved thru BH comms.

IMHO- BW hasn't learned how to gear by progression yet, maybe when they expand and add more levels they'll get the next tier of gear correct. They really should be dropping Item mods only in END game and allow you to customize your own gear. The Set Bonus should be able to be added much like AUG slots, and the BIS "Set Bonus" should only drop in end game.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The enhancements you could get from another classes gear, as for the mods, please let me know what mods they are in campaign that you can't get in black hole. Your post seems completely inaccurate.

Fair enough, I didn't go around looking at all the enhancements for the other classes, just the 3 sets for BH. Perhaps, the other combos are out there. But yes, for mods. Try 68 aim, 41 end, 12 crit, or the same with power instead of crit.

But it's not just "for me". Every single player in the game can get fully decked without stepping foot in the joint.

Ever thought that this might be in prep of them releasing NMM EC and the next tier. EC has been out for around 3 months now, this move helps guilds that cant complete EC HM gear up ready so they can still progress to the next tier when 1.4 comes out

Ever thought that this might be in prep of them releasing NMM EC and the next tier. EC has been out for around 3 months now, this move helps guilds that cant complete EC HM gear up ready so they can still progress to the next tier when 1.4 comes out

Yes I have thought that, but it's total crap if that's the case. If you can't complete HM EC you shouldn't be allowed in to NM EC. Also if that's the case it'd be the second time they've f***ed up this badly. Remember how many good players quit pre 1.2 cause they ran out of stuff to do? They just continuously set the parameters so that if you're a good player you run out of s*** to do way before they release new content. This makes most the good players move on to challenging games and leave swtor full of noob.

You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.

Yes I have thought that, but it's total crap if that's the case. If you can't complete HM EC you shouldn't be allowed in to NM EC. Also if that's the case it'd be the second time they've f***ed up this badly. Remember how many good players quit pre 1.2 cause they ran out of stuff to do? They just continuously set the parameters so that if you're a good player you run out of s*** to do way before they release new content. This makes most the good players move on to challenging games and leave swtor full of noob.

You know what, I cbfed with this any more, I'm done with this s***. Time to move on to a challenging game with all the other good players. Peace out.

I'm sorry you feel that way. But I do think you're confusing "good players" with "content locusts". There are many, many good players out there for whom this game is fine, they just happen to be a bit more laid back on the rate of content progression than you. And there's nothing wrong with your viewpoint, but... Truth be told, your kind of players probably won't be happy in a game like this, nor any new AAA game whatsoever, because development of the kind of game you need to be satisfied just isn't possible anymore. That type expects huge amounts of content PLUS huge amounts of features. Doing that costs a LOT of money. To justify that cost, you need a BIG playerbase. And most of a BIG playerbase will be relatively casual when compared to you. Chances are, if you find something that sates you, it will have to be a fairly barebones features niche game.

Still, I say good luck to you, hope you can find what you're looking for.

Edited by Leovinus

Good players adapt and overcome, bad players take their ball and go home.

The sheer anger on this subject confuses me.

I'm a member of a guild and we're slowly working our way through end game and having a good time doing it. I see the increased amount of BH comms as something to help our team progress faster.

How is this a bad thing?

The sheer anger on this subject confuses me.

I'm a member of a guild and we're slowly working our way through end game and having a good time doing it. I see the increased amount of BH comms as something to help our team progress faster.

How is this a bad thing?

Because you could get pretty damn good gear doing this before. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear with that half a**ed attitude. It just takes away all incentive for the hardcore players.

Because you could get pretty damn good gear doing this before. You shouldn't be able to get the best gear with that half a**ed attitude. It just takes away all incentive for the hardcore players.

Wow.

"That half a**ed attitude"

So it really is all about elitism.

I guess BW has removed all incentive for you to play the game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

Wow.

"That half a**ed attitude"

So it really is all about elitism.

I guess BW has removed all incentive for you to play the game. Don't let the door hit you on the way out.

No it's not about elitism, it's about there being an incentive between being a casual player and a hardcore player. If you can get everything playing casually, there is absolutely no reason to play hardcore. So there is no reason for hardcore gamers to play this game.

No it's not about elitism, it's about there being an incentive between being a casual player and a hardcore player. If you can get everything playing casually, there is absolutely no reason to play hardcore. So there is no reason for hardcore gamers to play this game.

Do you think I'm playing "casually" because:

1. I'm in a guild, but doing endgame content slowly?

2. Having a good time while doing it?

3. Pleased to get some extra BH comms to upgrade my gear?

Those are the three points I made in my original post and you responded by saying I had a "half a**ed attitude".

Perhaps you were just frustrated at something else, and didn't mean to direct that towards me, but it sounded like you felt my playstyle wasn't worthy of obtaining end game gear.

Those are the three points I made in my original post and you responded by saying I had a "half a**ed attitude".

Perhaps you were just frustrated at something else, and didn't mean to direct that towards me, but it sounded like you felt my playstyle wasn't worthy of obtaining end game gear.

Sorry to not make it clear. I think your casual because you're doing end game slowly. Hope that clears it up for you.

Some people need a carrot on a stick and digital goodies in order to feel rewarded/compensated for the perceived effort they put into a video game. Other people are happy with the activity itself and the time spent with like-minded individuals as its own reward.

I prefer the latter group of people.

And by the way, there is nothing hardcore about sitting at your computer playing a video game. I wish people would stop saying that they're "hardcore." If that was the case I'm a hardcore television watcher; I can click that remote with the best of 'em.

Some people need a carrot on a stick and digital goodies in order to feel rewarded/compensated for the perceived effort they put into a video game. Other people are happy with the activity itself and the time spent with like-minded individuals as its own reward.

And by the way, there is nothing hardcore about sitting at your computer playing a video game. I wish people would stop saying that they're "hardcore." If that was the case I'm a hardcore television watcher; I can click that remote with the best of 'em.

Totally couldn't tell by your bias post that you preferred the latter group until you stated it, thanks for clearing that up.

Who cares if they label it 'hardcore' or 'quololpooloo' it's just a label. We understand that by saying 'hardcore' they mean 'sitting in front of the computer non stop like a basement dweller.' Labelling things with consonants and vowels to make sounds is the point of words and which sound we use doesn't matter as long as the majority of people understand what that sound means.

:)

Personally, I'm just glad to be having fun. If my going through end-game content slowly makes me "casual" then so be it.

I'd rather be a "casual" player having a good time then a "hardcore" player who is annoyed.

:)

Personally, I'm just glad to be having fun. If my going through end-game content slowly makes me "casual" then so be it.

I'd rather be a "casual" player having a good time then a "hardcore" player who is annoyed.

Good on you. I'm glad there are people enjoying the game. I'm not saying there isn't any enjoyment to be had with the game, I'm just saying they keep eliminating all enjoyment for people that enjoy spending a lot of time gaming. Being an MMORPG a very large portion of their market are addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming. They should appeal to their audience or look into a different genre.

Good on you. I'm glad there are people enjoying the game. I'm not saying there isn't any enjoyment to be had with the game, I'm just saying they keep eliminating all enjoyment for people that enjoy spending a lot of time gaming. Being an MMORPG a very large portion of their market are addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming. They should appeal to their audience or look into a different genre.

As I alluded to earlier, for a current day AAA MMORPG, the available population of "addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming" is far, far smaller than the total pool of players they need to attract in order to make a game viable to create and run . It is simply out of the question to appeal to that audience. There's not enough of them to justify the necessary expenditure needed to satisfy them, not by a long shot.

As I alluded to earlier, for a current day AAA MMORPG, the available population of "addicts that spend 20 hours a day gaming" is far, far smaller than the total pool of players they need to attract in order to make a game viable to create and run . It is simply out of the question to appeal to that audience. There's not enough of them to justify the necessary expenditure needed to satisfy them, not by a long shot.

Fair call.

But it is possible to cater to both with very little effort.

Or you could flip that and say that perhaps those "hardcore" addicts who spend 20 hours a day chewing through endgame content picked the wrong game. From the beginning, Bioware made it known that this was going to be a story-driven mmo. Not a raid-driven mmo. Not a pvp-driven mmo. It was always going to have a heavy emphasis on re-rolling alts, companions, and story.

In all honesty though, I do hope you find the game you are looking for.

Or you could flip that and say that perhaps those "hardcore" addicts who spend 20 hours a day chewing through endgame content picked the wrong game. From the beginning, Bioware made it known that this was going to be a story-driven mmo. Not a raid-driven mmo. Not a pvp-driven mmo. It was always going to have a heavy emphasis on re-rolling alts, companions, and story.

In all honesty though, I do hope you find the game you are looking for.

Hear hear.

The point of gear is so you have the stats to do the next content released. But if getting the gear to do that content doesn't include doing the current hardest content... Well then... That's just f***ing stupid.

Being a hardcore raider I had full 61 mods in everything, I was just still running HM EC to win a couple more rolls so I can have full augmented gear... Now I have it and have no need to running anything. I am now have 100% best gear I could possibly get a couple weeks short of when I should have had it. On top of that other people will be able to get there without having to put the effort in.

Same thing MMOs have been doing forever, just making gear easier to get long before it should be.

No it is not. That maybe the point of the gear to you, but not everyone.

But why? If you regularly run hard mode EC you get BiS gear faster than in any other way. And because of the mainhand it's the only way to actually get real, full BiS. It's still a challenge. People getting Black Hole comms from other sources don't prevent you from entering HM EC. I genuinely don't see the problem.