I would rather have no SOA then have the one we got.

So my guild went after NM Ev tonight for the firat time. We downed the 1st boss after 3 attempts and then 1 shotted everything up to Soa. We stared him at 10:15 tonight EST.

Then we encountered the bugs... more than ive ever known.

Bugs ;

1. Soa dropped the wrong floors and the entire raid died.

2. The 2nd phase was missing the entire outer ring of floors. Resulting in being thrown to death.

3. Soa started fight enraged.

4. Soa mind trapped both healers while both tanks were eating balls.

5. Soa reset in 3rd phase.

6. Lighting balls misteriously vanished and then all showed up in phase 3 . A ball for each person.

These are just the ones i remember.

i know you have a patch to work on B/w but damn!

2 1/2 hours later we gave up. Soa lives this week.

Soa is crap in every mode......my guild just started ops 2 weeks ago, regular mode.

Floor pieces missing, bugged mind traps where we had two out, one empty (mine) and one occupied .....

After 3+ mos, there is no excuse for this.

Soa is beyond bugged it's not even funny anymore. We used to be able to clear him some months back, but every patch we get a new bug it seems. My guild has given up on him, EV ends with the Infernal Council now when we do it. Hell only 1 guild on our server has beaten him since the explosion of bugs and it still took them 15 tries in a row.

It's sad that such a mess of bugs (that only gets worse with "fixes") has been allowed to stay in the game this long. This surely doesn't bode well for future ops if they can't even fix day 1 bugs.

Hello there,

We saw this post and thought you might be interested in some of the patch notes for Eternity Vault for 1.2. You can find the entire patch notes for 1.2 here.

Game Update 1.2 PTS Patch Notes (Continued)

The patch notes published for the Public Test Server are not final and are subject to change.

The following URL will allow you to link to the Flashpoints and Operations PTS Notes directly: http://www.swtor.com/community/showpost.php?p=3463508&postcount=5

Operations

• Normal Mode is now labeled "Story Mode" for Operations.
  • Credit rewards for defeating Operations bosses have been significantly increased.
  • Corrected an issue that could allow Operation bosses to resurrect during Nightmare Mode Operations.

Eternity Vault

• The "Unshakable" buff is now visible when targeting Soa.
  • Changed the location where Soa's Force Whirlwind drops the player in the second phase of the fight to prevent players from being dropped several hundred meters below when no platforms are remaining.
  • Soa's lightning balls are now destroyed when the platform phase begins.
  • Projection of Soa has been removed from the Mind Traps.
  • A previously malfunctioning escape pod no longer causes players to become stuck upon landing.
  • Eternal Guardians and Eternal Sentinels now spawn correctly in 16-player modes.
  • Eternal Guardians and Eternal Watchers have had their difficulty rebalanced in 16-player modes.
  • Eternal Wardens now perform their grapple ability correctly.
  • The Ancient Pylons puzzle has been reworked to improve reliability. The wheels no longer lock automatically when solved. Players must use the "Confirmation Console" to confirm their symbol selection.
  • Annihilation Droid XRR-3's "Burning (Physical)" damage over time has been renamed "Burning" to accurately reflect that it cannot be removed. *UPDATED 3/27*
  • Corrected an issue that could prevent Soa from spawning on the last platform after releasing players from Mind Traps. *UPDATED 3/27*
  • Killing Soa in Nightmare Mode now grants the correct Codex entries. *UPDATED 3/29*
  • An "Emergency Reset" button has been added to the Ancient Pylons encounter. *UPDATED 3/29*
  • Soa's Mind Traps now kill players who are stuck inside the trap for the full 2-minute duration. *UPDATED 3/30*

Hello there,

We saw this post and thought you might be interested in some of the patch notes for Eternity Vault for 1.2. You can find the entire patch notes for 1.2 here.

And how many bugs are NOT being addressed...??? Which have been in the game since launch......

And how many bugs are NOT being addressed...??? Which have been in the game since launch......

Operation end game has NOT been a priority for them. Compare how bug-free PvP is with the myriad of bugs in operations that are STILL not fixed.

Most of my guild is waiting for 1.2 to see if Operations become a bigger priority for bioware moving forward, and if not, we'll move on to the next game.

My raid encountered a new one tonight. We kill all the pylons on the way down the platforms, but somehow Soa still had 3 buffs and one shotted the raid. I know we didn't miss any. We've done this fight a hundred times and we double checked we got each pylon. Didn't matter.

Tired of the ridiculous bugs in this fight. Also, could we please get a speeder stop at Soa so we don't spend five minutes per wipe on runbacks?

I second this.

As a whole, group instances still have way too many bugs compared to how long ago people started reporting them. Two days ago HK bugged out on me in normal mode foundry. That premature enrage and "HK out of the chamber" bug has been with us for months.

All I can think of is that Bioware has been concentrating on doing new content instead of fixing old, but this situation can't continue forever.

Edited by Karkais

My raid encountered a new one tonight. We kill all the pylons on the way down the platforms, but somehow Soa still had 3 buffs and one shotted the raid. I know we didn't miss any. We've done this fight a hundred times and we double checked we got each pylon. Didn't matter.

Tired of the ridiculous bugs in this fight. Also, could we please get a speeder stop at Soa so we don't spend five minutes per wipe on runbacks?

This is because some butthead in your Ops is running ahead and killing a node before the one before is destroyed. If they aren't killed in order, he will retain 3 stacks and wipe you.

• 2 weeks later...

We've just quit an Ops night after spending over an hour dealing with Bioware's latest goodies on Soa. First platform had 5 or more AOE pylons flare at the same time wiping more than half the group in one hit, if that didn't happen then he waited until the second floor to spring a different trick...he'd only decend until he was about half way down then stop and range attack the group. Tank couldn't agro him and DPS got 4 hits before death...strangely enough he enraged before we got him to phase 3 so who knows what wonders await us there. I just hope this was a one off.

(And yes, we did try resetting)

Edited by Raedwald

I play on Juyo server emperial side... have beat SOA with my guild 4-5 times on Story/Normal and once on Hard (Just 2 days ago)... Have also beat him a couple times in pickup groups on Story Mode.

Prior to 1.2 there were some issues with mind traps, lightning balls, and being thrown around and dropped in the middle of the room to fall 40 stories and die... but since 1.2 there hasn't been hardly any problems at all as far as I have seen. My guild makes EV a Weekly run on Story Mode and is looking at doing Hard weekly now as well.