This Is Madness

RabidTwinkie

• Replies 193
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Calling it right now, it's going to come down to either Darth Vader vs. Han Solo or Han Solo vs. Boba Fett in the final round.

You seem really confident that Han Solo is going to be there.

Oh, and I voted for DV and Han. The first rounds are all going to be incredibly one sided. I mean, Jabba vs. Salacious Crumb? Is that even a competition?

This round is kind of a joke. Obviously Han and Vader.

Next round I'm a bit more conflicted between Obi and Jin, but maul is an easy pick over Asajj.

If we're going purely by combat, who would win in a 1v1 fight, then Mace Windu is technically the strongest lore wise, by a hair. It should be him vs Sidious, and he would of defeated Sidious in Ep3 if Anakin hadn't intervened. (At least thats how it is in the book, in the movie Sidious looks more like he threw the match intentionally, I go by the book by default)

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

This round is kind of a joke. Obviously Han and Vader.

Next round I'm a bit more conflicted between Obi and Jin, but maul is an easy pick over Asajj.

If we're going purely by combat, who would win in a 1v1 fight, then Mace Windu is technically the strongest lore wise, by a hair. It should be him vs Sidious, and he would of defeated Sidious in Ep3 if Anakin hadn't intervened. (At least thats how it is in the book, in the movie Sidious looks more like he threw the match intentionally, I go by the book by default)

You sure you have that right? Cause even in the book, Sidious would have won regardless if Anakin was there or not due to his superior power in The Force. But ah....this isn't the thread for that..so moving along.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

General Grievous for sure.

Darth Vader's mobility is severely hampered in his suit - unlikely to be able to block Grievous' four rotating lightsabers. Meanwhile Grievous has unparalleled mobility, e.g. he can fold up and scuttle on walls/ceilings.

Due to his robotic hands, Darth Vader can't use Sith Lightning to short circuit Grievous.

Despite his suit, Vader is just a man - chopping his hand off renders him combat ineffective (RoTJ). Meanwhile Grievous has gained new capabilities as a droid abomination. Grievous can sacrifice one of his arms, and still have 3 free arms to skewer his target while Vader is left open to attack parrying/cutting off his one arm.

It is also PHYSICALLY IMPOSSIBLE for Vader to block Grievous with one lightsaber if he was firing four blasters at once.

Darth Vader could not beat Grievous even in his prime, as Anakin during TCW. What chance does he have crippled?

Edited by Kharnamatic

General Grievous for sure.

Darth Vader's mobility is severely hampered in his suit - unlikely to be able to block Grievous' four rotating lightsabers. Meanwhile Grievous has unparalleled mobility, e.g. he can fold up and scuttle on walls/ceilings.

Due to his robotic hands, Darth Vader can't use Sith Lightning to short circuit Grievous.

Despite his suit, Vader is just a man - chopping his hand off renders him combat ineffective (RoTJ). Meanwhile Grievous has gained new capabilities as a droid abomination. Grievous can sacrifice one of his arms, and still have 3 free arms to skewer his target while Vader is left open to attack parrying/cutting off his one arm.

Darth Vader could not beat Grievous even in his prime, as Anakin during TCW. What chance does he have crippled?

This isn't a who would win in a fight, its a popularity contest. But no...Darth Vader, would destroy Grevious he is far more powerful then he was when he had his full body(may have not reached his full potential but he still grew in power), and he isn't slow by any stretch he is quite fast.

This isn't a who would win in a fight, its a popularity contest. But no...Darth Vader, would destroy Grevious he is far more powerful then he was when he had his full body(may have not reached his full potential but he still grew in power), and he isn't slow by any stretch he is quite fast.

Answer this. How does one lightsaber (held by Vader) block four lightsaber thrusts or blaster bolts at once? Simple geometry shows that it is impossible.

You sure you have that right? Cause even in the book, Sidious would have won regardless if Anakin was there or not due to his superior power in The Force. But ah....this isn't the thread for that..so moving along.

No, in the book its well explained that for as strong as Sidious is, Mace is able to just reflect all that power right back at him. Thats the whole point of Vaapad. That light saber form is like dark side repellant, thus Mace is the only Jedi who really stood a chance at beating Sidious. In the book he legitimately wins the fight, destroying sidious's light saber and reflecting the force lightning back at him to near death, and only then does Anakin arrive and help Sidious kill him. Granted in the movie it looks more like Sidious threw the fight intentionally, as Anakin is there the whole time to watch "the show" which is why I make the note of going by the book.

Of course it makes sense. Vaapad is basically a dark side technique in itself.

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

I know this discussion on combat is not what the contest is about, but whatever gets discussion going is fine by me! The whole contest was specifically designed to pit people against each other in SW lore. And yeah, the first round is laughably onesided.

PS. Lets see you guys argue combat for R2-D2 vs. C-3PO :D

Well I think making the comparison about combat prowess is far more interesting.

In which case R2 wins for sure, but then immediately destroyed by Leia.

I gotta say too, Palpatine vs IG-88 is hilarious. He would just flick his wrist and IG-88 would be in a million pieces. **** out of thje entire lower bracket the only person who could last more then a second against Palp is Dooku. And were talkin like maybe 2 seconds. :D

Edited by Doctoglethorpe

No, in the book its well explained that for as strong as Sidious is, Mace is able to just reflect all that power right back at him. Thats the whole point of Vaapad. That light saber form is like dark side repellant, thus Mace is the only Jedi who really stood a chance at beating Sidious. In the book he legitimately wins the fight, destroying sidious's light saber and reflecting the force lightning back at him to near death, and only then does Anakin arrive and help Sidious kill him. Granted in the movie it looks more like Sidious threw the fight intentionally, as Anakin is there the whole time to watch "the show" which is why I make the note of going by the book.

Of course it makes sense. Vaapad is basically a dark side technique in itself.

Yes he reflected it..but then this happened as Anakin was standing there..

Palpatine still made no move to defend himself from Skywalker; instead he ramped up the lightning bursting from his hands, bending the fountain of Mace's blade back toward the Korun Master's face.

Mace's blade bent so close to his face that he was choking on ozone. "Anakin, he's too strong for me—"

This was beyond Vaapad; he had no strength left to fight against his own blade.

--Taken from Revenge of the Sith