hotkeys and UI

TheRealSpada

I know u asked for a screenshot but I don't have one atm and I'm not on a comp that has the game installed. I use F1 through F12 for top center quick slot, 1 through = for bottom center quick slot with main buffs/non attacks for top slot and attacks for bottom slot. Left side slot is F for regen, B for breakout ability, V for mount, G for Heroic Moment power, shift+w for med pack, shift+s for vent heat. Hope this helps you out. Edited by AzraelCales

Here's my UI as a Merc Healer (hm seems like I mislabed my Supercharged Gas, It's actually Bottom Thumb Button)

I mostly have my heals on the mouse because I found it really awkward to DPS someone with shift/Ctrl in warzones and what not. It's also weird for me when I have someone as a

So damage abilities go on the normal 12345 and the "one-time" use abilities on Shift +123s.

My CC's I keep them on the same key (F and Shift F). Works great for me in warzones when I bait people with Concussive blast and wait for them to break it with their trinket ability and instantly hit Electro dart and start spraying on them.

Or when someone is close enough to the poison pool, I hit my E for Jet Boost, then Shift F electro dart.

Edited by TheZen

I'll try to grab a screenshot when I get home from work, but honestly, this is such a personal thing. No matter what, you're going to be playing the trial and error game to find something you like, that works for your thought processes and the size of your hands. It also depends on what mouse you have.

I'd suggest rebinding two or so things at a time and then fighting trash mobs, making yourself use your new binds and disallowing clicking of those skills.

Personally, I have Rapid Shots and Tracer Missile on the far right end of the bottom quickslots, and they're bound to the two buttons on the side of my mouse. Then, I can always shoot at least SOMEthing with great ease when I'm on the run, and Tracer is always in easy reach. Numbers 1-5 are things I use all the time. The things under 3-5 are bound to shift+that number. Things I use almost as much as 1-5 are bound to v, b, and shift+extra mouse buttons. I don't remap the function keys, because I'd never hit them with any accuracy. Anything on the side bars or unmapped on the bottom bars is a clicking thing. Heresy, I know.

Personally, I have Rapid Shots and Tracer Missile on the far right end of the bottom quickslots, and they're bound to the two buttons on the side of my mouse. Then, I can always shoot at least SOMEthing with great ease when I'm on the run, and Tracer is always in easy reach. Numbers 1-5 are things I use all the time. The things under 3-5 are bound to shift+that number. Things I use almost as much as 1-5 are bound to v, b, and shift+extra mouse buttons. I don't remap the function keys, because I'd never hit them with any accuracy. Anything on the side bars or unmapped on the bottom bars is a clicking thing. Heresy, I know.

So apparently I lied a little. Here's a picture.

Basically, the buttons I'm hitting the most are the ones on my mouse, 3, 4, and 5, because that's whats most comfortable to me. 1 and 2 are "yikes, PVP time!" buttons. What's not obvious there is that Rail Shot is bound to B.

Hope that gives you some ideas!

If you really want to use your hotkeys fast, forget anything not in reach of wasd (or esdf). Mine are:

1st bar: qertfgzxcvbn

2nd bar: QERTFGZXCVBN (as in shift+)

3rd bar: ctrl+ qertfgzxcvbn

4th bar: 1234567890+´

Petbar: shift+ 1234567890+´

Keys 67890+´ are non combat stuff like 2h stims, travels, permabuffs etc.

Then I use things like shift+w for cover, shift+s for crouchcover (for sniper alts), shift-a for assist target, alt-modifier I use for many things with lefthandside keys like follow etc.

Mainly each and every ability that needs fast use should be usable without moving your left hand palm anywhere.

Then you can also theme things a bit, like I use QER and ctrl-qer for heals, tTctrl-T for stuns/ccs, f shift-f are the main spam skills usually, gGctrl-g for area skills (group), rRctrl-R for snaRes, inteRRupts etc., bottom row for CD stuff usually like escapes, shields...

I've been using this same style and thematic styles for decade+ now, so it becomes really intuitive. ;) Of course have to rebind all hotkeys always in everygame ...

Edited by Ewert