Any other leapers falling short of their destination?

madcappah

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would also like to add my voice to those who have witnessed this, it seems to happen a lot more in Huttball than elsewhere, but I've been falling short while interceding, and using force-leap, and moving nowhere while using my snipers covered escape.

If the target Dodges or Parries your Force Leap then you will not root them, but you will still of course leap to them.

The leap is a force (yellow) ability can cannot be dodge, shielded yes dodged no.

The leap is a force (yellow) ability can cannot be dodge, shielded yes dodged no.

Force leap is white and can be dodged, leaping to a target with deflection, evasion or saber ward up will most times be dodged.

I also have noticed an increase in being stuck after a leap. The position that is being displayed to me is not the actual position I am in on the map and the only way to get out of it is to leap to randomly selected targets and hope one of them is in the range of where I actually am on the map, very frustrating, especially if nobody is around.

What people are seeing is basically the reverse of what has happened to me being leaped upon. The game is **** and is unable to even somewhat sync up player positions. I saw a leaper at 35+ meters while they were able to leap to me.

In http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=644818 I show two screen shots, both show the person I was targeting at 35.69 meters. Disturbance, Project, and Turbulence all have a 35 meter range, they did not light up showing that my end of the game thought the player was at the range the distance meter says they are at yet in the second picture, you can see I have stopped moving, took leap damage and they gained the 3 resource associated with leap yet still at 35.69 meters.

Basically, there is nothing you can do except as far as I can tell maybe run through a proxy server in Taiwan to get higher latency in order to gain an advantage since having a low ping (mines around 40ms) puts you further then your targets.

Confirming it's been happening to me yesterday. And it wasn't during pvp too. Been questing on my marauder. Leap will trigger, but I never ended up near the mob. May have appeared next to the mob a sec, then rubberbanded back to my old location. Had to run to them as I used up my leap.

It's like something updated my new location after a leap, then reupdated with my old location.

Edited by forumname

Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

If you are reporting a bug then this is the WRONG forum to report it. The Bug Report Forum is read with more frequency for reports of bugs than the PvP Forums. So you may want to repost this over there.

As far as this bug goes I can see how this would be completely game breaking for Chargers as your gap closer is a big deal. I hope it gets fixed soon as well.

The most obvious reason is net latency.

Get a better connection (if there's any way to do it) and see if that helps. If it is indeed something that's happening somewhere in between the servers and your home, then there's nothing BW can do about it, nor is it their fault.

Not all regions have state-of-the-art network infrastructure.

Saw it again this morning when i was on My mar in Pvp hutt ball seeing others jump then fly right back passed me to the fire where they where before they jumped at the ball carrier and died cause flames came up on them. I tried it and die the next pass.

Get a better connection (if there's any way to do it) and see if that helps. If it is indeed something that's happening somewhere in between the servers and your home, then there's nothing BW can do about it, nor is it their fault.

I've been playing my Guardian for a long time now and never had this problem till recently. Now others are coming forward with the same issue. If you are saying what I think you are, I really doubt everyone just happens to have net problems and it's nothing to do with BW.

I've been playing my Guardian for a long time now and never had this problem till recently. Now others are coming forward with the same issue. If you are saying what I think you are, I really doubt everyone just happens to have net problems and it's nothing to do with BW.

This, day 1 Guardian. New problem.

It's not a latency issue its the abilities it happens often ill leap or guardian leap And fall short of target even the hight of the leaps are lower, in a huttball I was in the pit and tried to guardian leap to a player 3 times in the ez and couldn't even land on the ledge and he was right in front of me, its defiantly a bug.

Edited by Ren_simp

I think it's a technical problem that you Warriors actually leap through the air.

Charge abilities like that suffer from lag by default as it is. The game who can not be named solved it with a short movement speed buff after performed action to compensate for lag.

Guess the dev's have to do some coding to clean it up so your position doesn't reset. Sadly though there are a lot of /stuck problems still in the game so don't hold your breath.

Edited by Vandrain

Ran into this bug multiple times tonight in all warzones. When trying to charge or intercede to a target I would either miss the target completely or rubberband back to my initial position. Even ran into this against stationary targets.

This is definitely a bug, my opponents weren't using any movement altering abilities such as HO, Unstoppable, etc. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it makes my Juggernaut very frustrating to play in pve and almost unplayable in pvp.

Yep this isn't a latency issue at all. Targets can be stationary and you leap to them and land 6 - 8m short. It occurs on both intercede and leap. I just started jug tanking again and this issue is driving me up the wall.

Bump

As a vengeance jugg this is absolutely breaking my class right now. Sometimes I force charge and am so far away from my enemy that my unstoppable buff wears off before I'm even in range to do any attacks, besides a force scream.

More here (5 pages thread): http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647263

Over the past few days on my jugg I have noticed my long range jumps and intercedes are not working all the time. Sometimes the animation happens and I wind up back where I started and it cost me the use of my ability. Sometimes I stop mid way through the jump and fall to the floor and it cost me the use of that ability. It happened to me about a dozen times yesterday alone, the worst day so far.

In a game of huttball I went to jump from mid to a team mate on the lower platforms past the first fire at sandbags. I stopped in mid air over the pit and fell straight down. My team mate confirmed what I saw, he saw the same thing, I dropped in mid air. I guess this could be attributed to lag but it costs me my ability every time it does this when it does not work properly.

Is anyone else experiencing this?

:confused:

This bug is pissing me off. It's happens every single time I try to intercede in huttball.

:eek:

Ran into this bug multiple times tonight in all warzones. When trying to charge or intercede to a target I would either miss the target completely or rubberband back to my initial position. Even ran into this against stationary targets.

This is definitely a bug, my opponents weren't using any movement altering abilities such as HO, Unstoppable, etc. Hopefully this gets fixed soon as it makes my Juggernaut very frustrating to play in pve and almost unplayable in pvp.

:(

Please fix it asap!

Both myself (annihilation marauder) and 2 juggernaughts (1 immortal, 1 vengeance specced) experienced this issue repeatedly while trying to kill trasher in S&V HM 8m. We tried to leap to the demolitionist or the snipers, While this has always been a pain because of line of sight issues last night when we did manage to charge we always fell 3-5 m short of our target. This effectively dropped us back down the wall. If this happened more than once for all of us the snipers/demolitionist ended up enraging and we wiped. Let's just say that we were stuck for over an hour on a boss that we 1-shot on a weekly basis...:confused:

This really has stopped me from playing my marauder and guardian, pvp is a nightmare trying to close the gap and not being able to jump anywhere without being pulled back or be over 5 metres away is just unbearable. When someone is capping a pylon and you try to jump to them, you do the damage and you get the rage but you dont get there so by the time you get to them they cc you then push back and as a guardian its like this push and slow then get damaged its very annoying.

Please fix this bioware. PVP is bad enough with bolster 55 so please make it at least bearable to play a warzone.

Happening to me all the time and I'm seeing it happen to other leapers as well.

I've seem to have encountered another bug twice now in the latest warzone I forgot the name of. After a leap on a target between the room and the pylon I get stuck into texture and I can't do anything and none of my abilities are usable on other players (be them friendly or enemy). Anyone else experiencing this?