Get ready for new Double XP weekends!

CourtneyWoods

Could you please clarify if it will be possible to opt out of this? I already have to take care not to accumulate any rested XP in order to not overlevel content. I like to do every quest with every char I play and doing grey quests where you just breeze through the fights is not fun.

• Replies 232
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

Wondering if this effects Valor xp as well ?

cause i would like to get my assassin some more valor before he gets nerfed from what ive seen on pts

Could you please clarify if it will be possible to opt out of this? I already have to take care not to accumulate any rested XP in order to not overlevel content. I like to do every quest with every char I play and doing grey quests where you just breeze through the fights is not fun.

You could do what I do and not play the game at weekends. Meh.

Are we ever going to have double xp Mondays or any other day?

Edited by Kahotep

Wondering if this effects Valor xp as well ?

cause i would like to get my assassin some more valor before he gets nerfed from what ive seen on pts

Also, just in case anyone was curious (although I haven't seen it brought up directly) this does not also affect things like Valor. The double XP promotion only affects experience gains.

-eric

:rak_03:

I'm not disagreeing on the fact that server transfers should have been done quite a while ago, but seriously, every time they do something nice, nobody ever seems greatful.

Any other time I would agree with you. I'm sure this will be quite a success for Bioware. I just can't play that way. This changes the whole dynamic of the game. I am trying to figure out how to go to free to play before my subscription runs out. I'll watch for a while, but I don't think I will be back to being a subscriber and will probably only be free to play for a little while.

swtor is different from Everquest and World of Warcraft and I appreciate that. I have always loved swtor and their bugs and changes never bothered me. I was all about the class storylines and I had plans to play them all again after lvl 50. Double xp has always been the deal breaker for me. I just didn't expect to see it here. I'm rather sad about this.

Any other time I would agree with you. I'm sure this will be quite a success for Bioware. I just can't play that way. This changes the whole dynamic of the game. I am trying to figure out how to go to free to play before my subscription runs out. I'll watch for a while, but I don't think I will be back to being a subscriber and will probably only be free to play for a little while.

swtor is different from Everquest and World of Warcraft and I appreciate that. I have always loved swtor and their bugs and changes never bothered me. I was all about the class storylines and I had plans to play them all again after lvl 50. Double xp has always been the deal breaker for me. I just didn't expect to see it here. I'm rather sad about this.

You can turn off the experience by sleeping in, going out, playing a different game, travelling, or a plethora of other things that weekend. You seem like a very reasonable person - you express your understanding of this decision's appeal for many people, and realize that you are in a tiny minority. So what's wrong with taking a few tiny breaks?

Just a minor gripe...

I like the boost, and I'm happy you guys did it. However, I can't figure out what the rationale for limiting it to weekends is. People obviously have their free time at different points during the week, and I don't see why you'd want to encourage playing more at the times that the most people are playing anyway.

Thanks for the xp boost, I just feel that this one aspect should be reconsidered.

You want me to level an 11th character to 50? I'm already Legacy 50. I don't want to re-visit these boring story lines and planets all over again.

All I've gotten for achieving Legacy 50 is a title. OOOO. Wow.

How about some Legacy 50 perks or something?

You want me to level an 11th character to 50? I'm already Legacy 50. I don't want to re-visit these boring story lines and planets all over again.

All I've gotten for achieving Legacy 50 is a title. OOOO. Wow.

How about some Legacy 50 perks or something?

Getting a title is actually rather nice. Perks for people who have made it to legacy lvl 50 are coming and are in development. The story lines are not boring at all and is the reason most of us started swtor in the first place.

I like this promotion, but please please please make the double XP optional. There is no good reason to force double XP on players who do not want it, and there are many valid cases for not wanting it (already listed in this thread).

So BW, why not give players the choice?

You can turn off the experience by sleeping in, going out, playing a different game, travelling, or a plethora of other things that weekend. You seem like a very reasonable person - you express your understanding of this decision's appeal for many people, and realize that you are in a tiny minority. So what's wrong with taking a few tiny breaks?

You seem to not realize that this is going on for four weeks and will likely come back in the future as a promotional event. I can avoid many different events in the game if I am not interested, but this one changes the whole dynamic of the game. The game starts playing itself and becomes less immersive. Players with less skill and patience will be helped along to lvl 50. It becomes difficult to become more skilled at the game as well. I can't play when the levels are handed to me. I know I am exaggerating a little, but not by much.

I am actively trying to discover how I can go free to play early. Waiting 3 months for my account to expire seems like a long time. If I have to wait that long for my account to expire I am sure it will be worth it though.

I like this promotion, but please please please make the double XP optional. There is no good reason to force double XP on players who do not want it, and there are many valid cases for not wanting it (already listed in this thread).

So BW, why not give players the choice?

Sadly it's likely easier to toggle it on server wide, rather than adjust each account. There are ways to around it, but I fear Bioware won't want to bother. i hope they do though, as that's a lot of weekends I won't be able to play some of my characters

Edited by Miragee

Typical. The whiners come out for some cheese...

Those of you complaining that overlev makes it too easy..... you do realize that you can control this quite easily by skipping quests right? Why not jump a planet ahead? Or better yet, run only class quests and be underlevel all the way to Corellia. See how much of a faceroll that is. And you can always cap after Corellia by running Bel, Illum and BH. I've capped 8 50s. The last few have been with as few side quests as possible being under level by 2 or 3 through out and it has been a blast. No grind. Just good stories.

Eric, BW, et al. Thank you for this. It will allow many to bring their alts up just in time for Makeb. A great promo IMO. Keep it up!

Typical. The whiners come out for some cheese...

Those of you complaining that overlev makes it too easy..... you do realize that you can control this quite easily by skipping quests right? Why not jump a planet ahead? Or better yet, run only class quests and be underlevel all the way to Corellia. See how much of a faceroll that is. And you can always cap after Corellia by running Bel, Illum and BH. I've capped 8 50s. The last few have been with as few side quests as possible being under level by 2 or 3 through out and it has been a blast. No grind. Just good stories.

Eric, BW, et al. Thank you for this. It will allow many to bring their alts up just in time for Makeb. A great promo IMO. Keep it up!

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a whiner. For those who feel leveling is already too fast Those are not solutions at all, in fact thats exactly what some people want to AVOID. Not everyone has played through the game dozens of times, they still want to play through all the story content. Making double XP optional would solve that. Those who like it would be free to take advantage of it. Not everyone needs to be forced to play the game your way.

Edited by Miragee

You seem to not realize that this is going on for four weeks and will likely come back in the future as a promotional event. I can avoid many different events in the game if I am not interested, but this one changes the whole dynamic of the game. The game starts playing itself and becomes less immersive. Players with less skill and patience will be helped along to lvl 50. It becomes difficult to become more skilled at the game as well. I can't play when the levels are handed to me. I know I am exaggerating a little, but not by much.

I am actively trying to discover how I can go free to play early. Waiting 3 months for my account to expire seems like a long time. If I have to wait that long for my account to expire I am sure it will be worth it though.

Free-to-play will not solve the issue. All players will receive the bonus experience, regardless of their level of service. I do not think your response is unreasonable. I think that your reaction is, however. Asking for the ability to opt out is entirely justified, given your playstyle, but quitting altogether (particularly when you do understand the opposite end of this promotion) seems much less so.

A year or two ago, I would probably even be in the same boat as you. But the MMO scene is changing. We can either adapt or be left behind.

As Bob Dylan said,

Your old road is

Rapidly agin.'

Please get out of the new one

If you can't lend your hand,

For the times they are a-changin'.

Edited by CelCawdro

Incorrect. Rested experience only affects the killings of NPCs, double XP as a part of this promotion affects literally everything (space, quest rewards, PvP, etc). Technically, this double XP is way better than what you would normally get from rested.

Then, as I listed above you can increase those benefits through boosts and Legacy perks.

I get that "double XP" does not stack with "rested XP" and is better in every way compared with "rested XP."

So, will kills during the "double XP" weekend deplete our rested pool? If they do, then people that have a large pool of rested will be wasting it, since it is overridden by and does not stack with the "double XP."

I understand that we won't get the benefit of the rested XP, because we're already getting "double XP" for the specified time period. But any kills during a "double XP" period should not deplete the rested pool, since the rested pool is adding nothing to our gains during that time.

What's wrong with having a "disable XP gains" checkbox in prefs? Problem solved. Other games have had this for years, and it's not rocket science to implement. Just let people play how they want. There is no reason to not allow this, other than they just haven't done it yet.

Not everyone who disagrees with you is a whiner. For those who feel leveling is already too fast Those are not solutions at all, in fact thats exactly what some people want to AVOID. Not everyone has played through the game dozens of times, they still want to play through all the story content. Making double XP optional would solve that. Those who like it would be free to take advantage of it. Not everyone needs to be forced to play the game your way.

They are indeed solutions. But not what you want to hear. There is no easy button which is what you want ironically enough, an easy way to manage your difficulty level. BTW, if you skip ahead you can get the challenge you want. You can come back and see ALL of the side quests, but my guess is you won't. Lol!

My point is, if you manage your play you can get exactly what you want out of the game. But you have to do it. Play the way you want too and leave the whine alone.

BTW here is another solution made "easy" for you. Play in your level 10 greens as long as you can. See how far you can go. Play every bit of content you can until you can't anymore... then go up a lev or 2 in gear and see how far you can go. Hec, you'll make a tons of creds and comms in the process.

Edited by Rafaman

I'll gladly answer this. Most PvP'ers will max out their comms before hitting level 50 so they can acquire the better tier gear as opposed to strapping on the inferior Recruit. It's a very common practice with people leveling up, but this is also not constrained to sub 50 players. There are a variety of reasons to max out comms, but understand my suggestion was merely that, a suggestion...and not a QQ post. Please don't label me as such (if you were referring to my post), thanks.

I don't know if you realize this but the idea of using a leveling process to get an advantage over the rest is violation of the terms of service. For example: At launch people were flying to ilum in groups and gaining expensive loot and selling it for high amounts before anyone else could - these people were banned for having an unfair money advantage over anyone else.

I'll admit that every game I play when I get bored I sit down and read the EULA/ToS - I even read it over my vent so we can laugh at my friends who are going to break the rules and potentially be banned. So I do actually know what's in it.

So as I won't say that you will be banned for this the idea of the game is you are "suppose" to use the recruit gear. And in the future the bolster system will take that spot.

So there is no need to have a huge amount of comms at 50. Just use the recruit gear lol.

I get that "double XP" does not stack with "rested XP" and is better in every way compared with "rested XP."

So, will kills during the "double XP" weekend deplete our rested pool? If they do, then people that have a large pool of rested will be wasting it, since it is overridden by and does not stack with the "double XP."

I understand that we won't get the benefit of the rested XP, because we're already getting "double XP" for the specified time period. But any kills during a "double XP" period should not deplete the rested pool, since the rested pool is adding nothing to our gains during that time.

There is a cap of one level for the rested pool which is obtained in like a couple days. So why does it even matter?