This game is soon turning into a pvp game

Hi there,

I've got my sniper to 50 and tried to get some hardmode flashpoints done and succeeded to get a group for it once.

We got it cleared and I decided to try to find another team.

After about 2 hours of /1 and using that LFG tool which noone obviously uses I gave up and logged out.

The people in my guild who are 50 once said they wanted to do PvE content but they don't do hardmodes. They almost exclusively queue up for PvP and I really can't blame them even though I want to do PvE.

PvP experience gives you the following:

1. Fast queues

2. Instantly zoning from where you are to warzone and then back to where you were

3. No repaircosts

PvE experience (hardmodes) gives you the following:

1. Extremely few runs

2. When you get a group you have to do a lot of traveling both before and after the run to get it done.

3. A very high likelyhood of a wiping and large repaircosts

Now when it comes to traveling and repaircosts I really don't mind but the majority does.

Also since PvP is so much more accessible compared to PvE most people prefer PvP to gear up.

So I guess I'm a bit concearned about how the game rewards the players.

Rewarding PvP will make people play it instead of PvE.

Since Bioware have the figures I guess they could count how many commendations in PvP that are given as compared to commendations for PvE for level 50 players.

I won't suggest how to deal with the situation to get it more biased towards PvE but my waiting times are really annoying.

Other than that it's a great game!

ur waiting times are long cause you a dirty imp.

next time dont follow the noob buggy onto a preferred side. follow the pain train and be the underdog.

rep ques are lightning fast

I'm talking about hardmode flashpoints which I want to do.

ur waiting times are long cause you a dirty imp.

next time dont follow the noob buggy onto a preferred side. follow the pain train and be the underdog.

rep ques are lightning fast

To the OP. I have also found that finding groups for hardmodes can be tough. However the game is still young and most of the population isn't even close to being 50 yet.

To the OP. I have also found that finding groups for hardmodes can be tough. However the game is still young and most of the population isn't even close to being 50 yet.

I know you're right about 50 population and that will probably be the main argument today.

But my point is that rewarding PvP a lot more than PvE will make players play PvP instead of PvE.

So what I mean is that this game is really doing that right now even though it got a huge PvE element while leveling.

Chances are that people see the PvE aspect of the game as you level up and endgame turns into PvP for the majority of players instead of PvE.

I really don't mind these first weeks but I would prefer the game to stick to PvE for quite a while instead of sitting staring at the same 3 warzones over and over again.

Tip to the OP - only do HM Black Talon and False Emperor. The rest are way too overtuned atm. Also talk to your guildies about doing Eternity Vault. Normal mode can be pugged and gives lots of gear.

I have no problems with a challenge... so I don't want easymode.

But maybe just something that makes it more desirable to run PvE content.

I have no problems with a challenge... so I don't want easymode.

But maybe just something that makes it more desirable to run PvE content.

I haven't really seen the PvP-gear so I don't know how it is compared to the loot you get from hardmodes. I just know that the hardmode loot is ilvl 126-128. Also, you do get Columni Unassembled stuff from some of the bosses in hardmodes, which has an even higher ilvl. As of now after running about a week of hardmodes +1 run EV I am almost fully epic with most stuff being Columni.

Tip to the OP - only do HM Black Talon and False Emperor. The rest are way too overtuned atm. Also talk to your guildies about doing Eternity Vault. Normal mode can be pugged and gives lots of gear.

They aren't overtuned... I've successfully completed every hardmode flashpoint. The only fights I would say are overtuned, are Revan and one of the minibosses from Battle of Ilum. Even then, Revan is still killable, and the miniboss is skip-able. Just got to be smart about the rest.

To the OP: You just gotta try and find a few people to do Hardmodes with regularly. There are 3 people in my guild that I regularly run with and we stomp through a few hardmode flashpoints every night.

Hi there,

I've got my sniper to 50 and tried to get some hardmode flashpoints done and succeeded to get a group for it once.

We got it cleared and I decided to try to find another team.

After about 2 hours of /1 and using that LFG tool which noone obviously uses I gave up and logged out.

The people in my guild who are 50 once said they wanted to do PvE content but they don't do hardmodes. They almost exclusively queue up for PvP and I really can't blame them even though I want to do PvE.

PvP experience gives you the following:

1. Fast queues

2. Instantly zoning from where you are to warzone and then back to where you were

3. No repaircosts

PvE experience (hardmodes) gives you the following:

1. Extremely few runs

2. When you get a group you have to do a lot of traveling both before and after the run to get it done.

3. A very high likelyhood of a wiping and large repaircosts

Now when it comes to traveling and repaircosts I really don't mind but the majority does.

Also since PvP is so much more accessible compared to PvE most people prefer PvP to gear up.

So I guess I'm a bit concearned about how the game rewards the players.

Rewarding PvP will make people play it instead of PvE.

Since Bioware have the figures I guess they could count how many commendations in PvP that are given as compared to commendations for PvE for level 50 players.

I won't suggest how to deal with the situation to get it more biased towards PvE but my waiting times are really annoying.

Other than that it's a great game!

I agree with all of your points. I think that pve needs to be just as accessible and easy as pvp currently is. I have also tried in vain for hours to get a flashpoint group with no success, it is incredibly frustrating right now.

Yea you need to give it time. I have a part time job but I play a good amount. I've been playing since about 4 days into early access. Been leveling a BH at 20 right now and a Sorcerer that is 34. The point being I play more than the average person most likely and I do not have a character at lvl 50 yet and I won't for a while. I'm having fun and it is no rush for me. This game has barely been out a week and some days. Have some patience. Explore other aspects of the game is my advice. It is brand new and there must be some things you haven't done or spent much time doing.

The world PvP is pretty good. You can take whatever character you have and go to a level appropriate zone and engage a lot of enemy players in PvP. They are within your level range since you are in a zone appropriate to your level. You can get large skirmishes going. It is quite fun. That is one example.

In time everyone and their mother will be spamming for HM flash points like any other game. Do you really doubt this?

I agree with all of your points. I think that pve needs to be just as accessible and easy as pvp currently is. I have also tried in vain for hours to get a flashpoint group with no success, it is incredibly frustrating right now.

if you want easy then go back to WoW