Crafting schematics

tanerb

I do a lot of low level underworld trading missions and get various schematics mostly for synthweaving. when I try to market these , their prices are totally random. I can see spec ops leggings going for 2k one day and 20k one day later. My question is what determines the price of these schematics? I guess that also depends on who is buying those since I do not see many crafted version of that stuff in the market Edited by tanerb

I do a lot of low level underworld trading missions and get various schematics mostly for synthweaving. when I try to market these , their prices are totally random. I can see spec ops leggings going for 2k one day and 20k one day later. My question is what determines the price of these schematics? I guess that also depends on who is buying those since I do not see many crafted version of that stuff in the market

Nothing except supply and demand:

• low supply prices go up
  • high supply prices come down
  • low demand prices come down
  • high demand prices go up

Things like random schematics from crew skills are high supply and low demand: everyone gets them through missions and so everyone has them; and very few of the schematics are desirable (most are static stat gear).

With this in mind, very few attempt to sell the schematics on the GTN. So when someone goes to look for pricing, they find small samples or none at all and think, "OMG supply is low. I'll jack up the price." But then no one buys it in ten cycles, and so the seller wanting to get something, drops the price to nothing. But it still does not sell and so the seller decides to simply vendor the schematic, and so there is no postings on the GTN and someone else repeats the cycle.

Maybe someday Bioware will get the message and stop including random schematics as part of missions.

The low level ones are actually worth quite a bit considering the cost to get them. I routinely sell them for 4k with some going for up to 20k. It might need posting two or three times but it always sells eventually. And wrists especially seem to be rare and sell for ~40k along with some belts.

It does vary a lot - if a bunch of people happen to have the same one then they go down a lot but I just hold mine and post it later - or leave it at my normal price in case the other ones sell out. If you aren't in a hurry to sell you can make a nice profit on these.

The value of Schematics has always depended on how common they are and that depends on how many people are running the missions that drop them. As a result the highest level ones are worth almost nothing and the low level ones worth a fair amount. I think what is worth mentioning is almost no one I am aware of crafts from these dropped schematics. They are a legacy from when the game started, often they don't look very good. The cartel market killed this end of the game. So if they are selling it is to people trying to complete sets and fill gaps not to craft for profit. Nearly all the ones I get go to the vendor as trash.

And wrists especially seem to be rare and sell for ~40k along with some belts.

Both of these got added to the game some time after the rest of the sets. For many people they arrived just before the death in demand for these crafted items that was the cartel market. Many players like myself simply did not bother to add them. There is also the fact that lots of cartel sets for some reason don't include bracers?