Lol Looks like devs got early start on the weekend.

ZionHalcyon

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

actually i am wonder why it is taking this long to the july 4 details :confused:

the longer they hold out, the greater the disappointment will ;)

Probably because it is nothing drastic. Do not get your expectations high. Personally, i will be amazed if it is something actually useful. Expecting something on the level of fireworks.

• Dev Post

Nope! We are still here in the office, although I am pretty eager to get to some grillin'!

Just as a reminder, we said the subscriber appreciation would be *around* the 4th of July, not necessarily on it :rak_03:

-eric

Nope! We are still here in the office, although I am pretty eager to get to some grillin'!

Just as a reminder, we said the subscriber appreciation would be *around* the 4th of July, not necessarily on it :rak_03:

-eric

So you mean to tell me then that you guys will actually generate emails for this possibly this friday? Or over the weekend?

Because I got news for ya, if it hits Monday and they still aren't out - you've officially missed your window for "Around the 4th of July" ;)

At least as far as most players are likely concerned, I'd wager.

Edited by ZionHalcyon

-eric

Thanks Eric. I will be at the grill myself as well. Hope you guys have an awesome holiday!

-eric

eric, you should know by now that when you say "around" a particular date, they expect the information to be released a week prior to that date :p

as for me, i'll gladly accept news up until sunday night, any later and the weekend is over

eric, you should know by now that when you say "around" a particular date, they expect the information to be released a week prior to that date :p

as for me, i'll gladly accept news up until sunday night, any later and the weekend is over

Exactly. And historically, the devs dont post on weekends or release things on weekends (being Sat-Sun).

This thread is my tongue in cheek way of keeping them honest to what they said... :D

So you mean to tell me then that you guys will actually generate emails for this possibly this friday? Or over the weekend?

Because I got news for ya, if it hits Monday and they still aren't out - you've officially missed your window for "Around the 4th of July" ;)

At least as far as most players are likely concerned, I'd wager.

WTB a life, and possibly a ticket to the outdoors.....PST offers

Glorious exposition, comrade.

Yeah, and a third thread from the OP about the this was certainly warranted. I guess some people don't get the fact that the Devs are people with families and lives....not robots. Anyone with a clue would expect less activity around a holiday.

So, what they are saying is .......the announcement could be BEFORE the 4th - Great!!!

Yeah if its around a date there should be just as much chance its before as after. However I don't think that's what he ment :eek:

Yeah, and a third thread from the OP about the this was certainly warranted. I guess some people don't get the fact that the Devs are people with families and lives....not robots. Anyone with a clue would expect less activity around a holiday.

Hey, I am all for them going home, having a wonderful time with their family and enjoying the weekend.

I am also all for when someone says something, they back it up.

I guess some people don't get the fact that accountability matters and just think anyone should get to say anything and then not be held to it. :rak_03:

-eric

Looks like your definition of 'around' July 4th is AFTER. Usually when people say, 'Oh it will be around Christmas' it's BEFORE. Heh

But knowing Bioware and their hype on things, I wouldn't give too much of hope since we may end up disappointed. They considered fireworks to be an awesome item..... lol

Looks like your definition of 'around' July 4th is AFTER. Usually when people say, 'Oh it will be around Christmas' it's BEFORE. Heh

But knowing Bioware and their hype on things, I wouldn't give too much of hope since we may end up disappointed. They considered fireworks to be an awesome item..... lol

the day's not over yet

People will complain about anything and to have the entitlement to think they can "enforce" accountability. This is exactly why they dont release info ahead of time. If they are off on a date or vague or something goes wrong someone complains.

Happy 4th to the SWTOR Team and Staff we appreciate the game you have put forth for use to play and enjoy on the 4th while we dont have to go to work!.

People will complain about anything and to have the entitlement to think they can "enforce" accountability. This is exactly why they dont release info ahead of time. If they are off on a date or vague or something goes wrong someone complains.

Happy 4th to the SWTOR Team and Staff we appreciate the game you have put forth for use to play and enjoy on the 4th while we dont have to go to work!.

If I promise you dinner, and you ask to collect on that promise, are you acting "entitled"? You're lucky to have a job where there's no accountability for anything you say you'll do...not everyone is in that position.

If I promise you dinner, and you ask to collect on that promise, are you acting "entitled"? You're lucky to have a job where there's no accountability for anything you say you'll do...not everyone is in that position.

Agreed. And can we also stop with this stupid, idiotic notion that just because I am reminding the dev team about what they said and asking for accountability to be in mind with regards to this, that this somehow means I don't appreciate all the work they have done and don't enjoy the game?

I mean seriously, you'd have to have a neandrathal intellect to try to paint such things in extreme black and white.