Why no gear that looks like a sith not a mage

lmcvann

All i want is for a few robes that are not mage robes with big shoulders, something in dark greys or blacks (like the jedi have) that actually feel Star Warsy instead of a WoW mage with big shoulders.

Im not wanting fancy stuff plain robes with pants option, like the sith had in the movies

cmon guys, give inquisitors a Star Wars looking set, we dont want to be mages

I don't mind the robe sets (I went Empire for the design choices, among other things).. but I DO think that the limitations for some gear (jedi only robes as an example) seem odd. I am actually not a fan of the robe look for my jedi knight, and I'd love to have some of that juggernaut heavy style to wear on repub side as well...but im stuck with the non-dyed wool throwover that my guardian wears. All they'd have to do is remove the class limitations on mod gear. most gear is gated via armor type already...there shouldn't be any reason why a knight/jugg can't wear the same gear. Edited by Elyx

All i want is for a few robes that are not mage robes with big shoulders, something in dark greys or blacks (like the jedi have) that actually feel Star Warsy instead of a WoW mage with big shoulders.

Im not wanting fancy stuff plain robes with pants option, like the sith had in the movies

cmon guys, give inquisitors a Star Wars looking set, we dont want to be mages

No offense, but I dont think you understand who the Sith are. The Sith are NOT the Jedi or even "bad Jedi", they are the anti-Jedi. The Sith hate everything about the Jedi and try their best not to be like them from clothing, to philosophy, and if they could they would not use the same weapon (Lightsabers). The Sith would not wear the same clothing as Jedi, hence the different clothing style. Although I do think they could use some help with clothing designs, making them Jedi with darker color motif is not the way.

Definitely went for the saber marshall set. I just keep upgrading it as I level till I go to pvp gear. Doesn't have all the pinky and purple stuff in it that makes me look like a girl......lol There is also another robe on drommund kaas from a heroic close to the dark temple. (can't remember the name of the quest or the robe off hand), but it looks a lot like the saber marshal but with more deep dark red in it. Looks more sithy! Pretty nice...........not sure but there may be other pieces to the set from other heroics on the planet.

a bit offtopic but i hate robes on any male character, its just not my thing:

That being said, i have alot of nice options through social clothing (essentially another orange gear with "light armor" only flag) and jesus! I look freaking good!

At L50, im gonna ditch the pants-dress and mod an orange pants. Im gonna look (and perform) freaking nice!

Robes 4tl!

No offense, but I dont think you understand who the Sith are. The Sith are NOT the Jedi or even "bad Jedi", they are the anti-Jedi. The Sith hate everything about the Jedi and try their best not to be like them from clothing, to philosophy, and if they could they would not use the same weapon (Lightsabers). The Sith would not wear the same clothing as Jedi, hence the different clothing style. Although I do think they could use some help with clothing designs, making them Jedi with darker color motif is not the way.

Sorcs (especially when standing with lightsaber out) look more like an Undead Mage, than anything from Starwars. Even the way they stand is nearly the same. Both Jedi and Sith wear robes, different styles yes.

OP - I think there are more customisation options coming soon, that will allow you to use hoods, not sure about the huge shoulder pads that have been copied from WoW.

was using the Saber Marshal reward chest from Dromund Kass quest reward (i think) till latelly.

Kept that outfit till about L28, where at Tatooine i spot the quite nice Social armor chest of "Sand People" , a yellowish one with great textures and switched there. Also tried the helmet, it was funny :p

Not a level afterwards, i get to Alderaan and lo and behold and FREAKING nice chest/pants/gloves/set, that looks quite similar to Juggernaut armor of the same level (Normal looking cloth armor with cape). I combined that with the head item from Dromund Kaas, a goggle looking apperature that looks cool imo (and ditched the silly looking Sand People headpiece).

Yes, my Sith Sorcerer, looks KICK-AR$3!

Tat and Alderaan require Social3 btw.

Sidious was the Sithiest Sith of them all. I want to look like Sidious, not like a clown.

go type the word sith into google image search and see how may come up with the dam ugly bulky shoulder crap, it's not how sith dress, most of the SI gear is ugly and needs to change.

So "no offence" but you don't really know much about sith.

go type the word sith into google image search and see how may come up with the dam ugly bulky shoulder crap, it's not how sith dress, most of the SI gear is ugly and needs to change.

"no offence" but the SI gear is awesome and suitably sinister-looking. Go away and leave my gear alone.

I just got my supreme inquisitor chest off the GTN. It a lvl 36 random world drop (orange). It has a hood and is a full length open robe.

http://www.torhead.com/item/3CUD9nM/supreme-inquisitors-robe

The only place I know it drops is The Foundry. Most likely off a chest or trash being it's boe. I would have gladly paid 100k for it but got lucky and whoever sold it on the GTN had it for 7k. I used formal pants from Drommund Kaas so I wouldn't have a skirt until I got the Supreme Inquisitor pants at 39.

If this is the look you want like I did, either get on a 50 and farm foundry or check the GTN everytime you're on the fleet. I checked everytime I was from lvl 10-35 and finally found it. I think it looks bad***** :D

Well lets see. we have:

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_apparel

In this we have Naga Sadow... with big shoulder pads

"Sith Garment used by Sith forces..." with shoulder pads

You go to;

http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Sith_Lord

And a fair number of them have shoulder pads (big and small)...

True both sites are Wookipedia, but they are based off of Star Wars materials. You might have a view of what the Sith are, but it appears not to be what the creators of Star Wars (George Lucas et al) have. I would suggest that you get familiar with them and not try to live in denial.

Sorcs (especially when standing with lightsaber out) look more like an Undead Mage, than anything from Starwars. Even the way they stand is nearly the same. Both Jedi and Sith wear robes, different styles yes.[/Quote]

Just because you dont seem to be able to move past WoW, doesnt mean that others are as chained to it. Why would someone stand totally erect while in combat (or combat stance)? Its a dumb way to get blasted real quick. Again I would suggest that you check out the past Star Wars works with Sith in them, lots of shoulder pads and olde tymie robes. Very few "Jedi" outfits (only on Jedi who switched to being Sith, or typically really only being "Dark Jedi").

Again, I think many have this image of the Sith being nothing but "Jedi who went bad" and just wear "darker Jedi robes", but they were created as their own culture (which seems to have a fair amount of big shoulder pads) and ideology. if you want to look like a "bad" Jedi, then maybe a Dark Side Jedi is what you want. If you want to be a Sith, then you have to realise that they were created with an image that is not like the Jedi.

Would I like to see more variation? Sure. Would I like to see better design? Heck yes. Do I want to look like Anakin Skywalker or any other emo "Dark Jedi"? EFFF NO! I am SITH!