does kotor 2 work on windows 8

turnoverla-page

having love kotor and everybody saying kotor 2 is just as good, i recently brought it on stem but i have the windows 8 preview and am going to get w8 pro soon, but my kotor 2 inst even getting to the menu, it goes lucas arts then another game company, and then stops working, (is anyone else having that problem

• 3 weeks later...
I think the issues that people have with any new operating system is that they put in a computer system that barely makes the grade. This is not Microsoft's responsibility. My suggestion is buy a new computer that has Windows 8 in it than upgrading-- unless you are a computer geek that knows a great deal about computers. The ones that goes out and buys a new OS or whatever are not businesses. it is the individuals in private homes. Spite the software that tells you that your system can use Windows 8; note, that is a bare bone scan. I mean it does not know all you will be running on your system like security software, office suites, games (like SWTOR), etc. There is always a lot more to upgrading a computer system than an operating system.

• 1 month later...