Darth Marr and Makeb

KaleTogras

Palpatine? Pansy. Vader? Hah! Malgus? Move over, son, and take your scalp polish and bulging head veins with you.

Haven't you heard? Darth Marr is coming, and he's gonna wreck your s**t :D.

No spoilers, but after watching Darth Marr, how blunt, respectful, realistic, straightforward, effective and cunning he is as a leader, there is no way I can see him as anything other than my one, true Emperor, and my loyalty to him will carry unto death...and the subsequent respawn :p.

And yes, I will marry him, if I like him so much :D

Edited by KaleTogras

Just type in SWTOR Makeb Empire in YT, Dulfy has uploaded a nine part walkthrough. I have to say that I loved the Empire's storyline, very low-key, very appropriate, with a lot of gravitas coming from the horrid place it finds itself in, convinced me to dish out a tenner for the expansion.

And it gave Darth M. some much-needed face time. BW, please...PLEASE don't let this guy go the way of Malgus! Right now the only ******es that the Imps have are him and Hesker! We lost so much, don't take them away from us :'(.

More Marr? Yessss, I thought I won't see him anymore after Ilum. Though there is so little information on him and his part in the past was small, there was always something about him.

And his voice on Voidstar... Always got chills when I heard "You are immortal!" in Voidstar. I wish they brought it back!

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

More Marr? Yessss, I thought I won't see him anymore after Ilum. Though there is so little information on him and his part in the past was small, there was always something about him.

And his voice on Voidstar... Always got chills when I heard "You are immortal!" in Voidstar. I wish they brought it back!

They changed his voice now, it doesn't have that kick-*** reverb anymore :(...

Still, the fact that this guy is in firm command of things now instead of a Dark Council consisting entirely of Snidley Whiplashes, Dick Dastardleys and Darth Getskilledoffscreenersons makes me...well, actually hopeful for the Empire :).

So iron your best sleeveless vest Sateele, me and Marr are taking you out :cool:.

Edited by KaleTogras

Gotta say I was very impressed with the Darth Marr character, enough that I googled him and read up about him :)

You are such a tease! I really had to restrain myself from looking at those videos! BTW let me just say thanks for all the hard work you do at dulfy.net, it's an enormously valuable resource! Hope to run into you on another thread again. :)

You are such a tease! I really had to restrain myself from looking at those videos! BTW let me just say thanks for all the hard work you do at dulfy.net, it's an enormously valuable resource! Hope to run into you on another thread again. :)

lol i tried but i had to watch the last 1 with darth marr at least couldn't wait

I always liked Marr, always took him as the most reasonable sith in the room. He didn't immediately want to kill my SW when I barged into the council chamber for Baras. And for a long time we had a similar taste in headgear. :cool:

Gotta say I was very impressed with the Darth Marr character, enough that I googled him and read up about him :)

I already found him to be rather cool when you meet him on the Dark Council as a Sith.

I think I'll do the same and finally find out whether he's related to Visas Marr or not. :D

Edited by Callaron

They changed his voice now, it doesn't have that kick-*** reverb anymore :(...

Still, the fact that this guy is in firm command of things now instead of a Dark Council consisting entirely of Snidley Whiplashes, Dick Dastardleys and Darth Getskilledoffscreenersons makes me...well, actually hopeful for the Empire :).

So iron your best sleeveless vest Sateele, me and Marr are taking you out :cool:.

Yeah, I am absolutely pissed. I watched some cut-scenes with Marr, enough not to spoil anything, and he does sound quite different... Why?! They better bring the old voice back for the next dlc.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

Yeah, I am absolutely pissed. I watched some cut-scenes with Marr, enough not to spoil anything, and he does sound quite different... Why?! They better bring the old voice back for the next dlc.

it's most likely the same voice actor,maybe the fact that the empire is on the verge of loosing made him wiser and calmerm,that's why he sounds different.

it's most likely the same voice actor,maybe the fact that the empire is on the verge of loosing made him wiser and calmerm,that's why he sounds different.

Two reasons, IMO:

1) At the very end, when he's speaking on his bridge, he has the same speaking voice as he did previously, because of ambient acoustics.

2) The voice actor or his voice director...just weren't very good :(. Oh, Marr's VA sells the s**t out of short bursts of laconic intimidation, like he does on Voidstar or for the Sith inquisitor, but here, when he has to maintain a prolonged conversation, you can hear unnatural pauses, the emphasys being put prematurely in sentances, elements of delivery that sound flat, rather than nonplused etc. But looking through the entirety of the campaign I could see that the voice acting in general was on a level half a step below that of the original :(.

Darth Marr FTW, good to see this character taking a bigger role in the story, also I like the new direction of the plot, the whole Empire preparing itself for the Republic's "vengeance".

I just hope BW won't kill him as quick as they did with Malgus in the TOR storyline, let us enjoy this character, the Republic have Satele, the Empire needs Marr as a beacon of..."hope"?

Edited by yoomazir