So I finally got around to trying this...

coldmiser

Yeah. GSF has no right using the control scheme from Freelancer. Only Star Conflict has that right, because reasons.

I hear GSF couldn't have joystick support because Flight Simulator created that, too.

Also, have you noticed that GSF ripped off the shield and power management systems (even the UI!) right out of X-wing and TIE Fi--wait, that's a good thing.

Yeah I discovered Star Conflict several months before GSF came in and it was awesome fun for me. As GSF launched, I was happy that it feels nearly the same.

But, did you have to manage your power in SC? Did you strafe this slow? Did you have to lock on your missiles? Did you have to execute a cooldown to shake down locked missile? There are lots of differences.

The only thing similar is control scheme. And that's more like the only good way to go than a rip-off.

hehe, my first reaction when i tries GSF was: o-wow, this feels familiar, Freelancer!

ikr, when Erin and Chris decided to make Starlancer after the Wing Commander & Privateer series' they chose the mouse & keyboard control style to make it more accessible/intuitive to players other than their core Wing Commander audience... they didn't want their new customers to have to go out and buy a bunch of peripherals to play their new game, they said as much to the gaming press around '99/'2Kish...

anyways having played Starlancer and it's sequel Freelancer the control of GSF was very familiar and needed little adjustment on my part... anyone that claims GSF is a ripoff of Star Citizen are only hopping on the bandwagon and probably don't even know the games Star Citizen is ripping from, or just jumping in cause it's the cool thing now to say GSF ripped off SC... :rolleyes:

moral: learn your gaming history before leveling false accusations in an attempt to demonize someones work, some of us are old enough to remember more than 5-10 years back...

Edited by Elly_Dawn