Help?

Glided

So, I reached level 40 yesterday (empire side) on my sith assasin. Yes, I know i was pretty excited too as a i felt soo much more powerful. Now, I had my eye on that beautiful level 40 pvp gear (the light armor) and proceeded to get a full set of DARK PROMISE. I was deception at the time and i used it in pvp and pve. But later today, i wanted to go darkness and try tanking the only problem was the tanking level 40 gear is the DARK DEMISE. So i dont know if i can tank in DARK PROMISE. Help?

Also, I know it says level 40 PVP gear, but it seems pretty good in pve too.. right?

Also cant find a good shield at my level off the GTN when i mouse over them there is an equal amount of positives (green) and negatives (red)

P.S.

I also got 3 cyan blue crystals that give you +41 endurance today

Yes, you can 'tank' in that DPS gear, though I would be leery about using group finder and flagging yourself as a tank in that gear. It's probably still do-able, but you have a higher chance of having one of the puggers getting 'upset' with you because you're in the wrong gear. As far as tanking in pvp, most shadow/sin tanks tank in DPS gear so no worries there.

At this point, if pvp is your thing, save the rest of your pvp coms for level 50 gear, don't bother wasting anymore coms on level 40 tanking gear. What I would recommend, if nothing else, is replace your focus with a shield. You also could search the GTN for a few of the tanking enhancements (the one's with defense/shield and or absorb). That will help you out quite a bit tanking pve from now until you hit 50.

the level 20 and 40 "pvp" gear you can get from the pvp vendor isnt really pvp gear at all

there is no expertise on the gear

if you plan to pvp at 50 you should be converting your warzone comms to ranked comms trying to get max so when you ding 50 you can more quickly gear your toon

i'm not telling you not to buy the 40 "pvp" gear -- in fact, i did it on my first toon but i regretted it for a couple weeks as i had no comms when i dinged 50 and had to spend more time getting pwnd than i might have

this is just kind of a fyi post

the level 20 and 40 "pvp" gear you can get from the pvp vendor isnt really pvp gear at all

there is no expertise on the gear

if you plan to pvp at 50 you should be converting your warzone comms to ranked comms trying to get max so when you ding 50 you can more quickly gear your toon

i'm not telling you not to buy the 40 "pvp" gear -- in fact, i did it on my first toon but i regretted it for a couple weeks as i had no comms when i dinged 50 and had to spend more time getting pwnd than i might have

this is just kind of a fyi post

^this

And if you max out on comms buy pvp medpacks and adrenals. Don't waste comms on stuff, you'll need them at 50, Using them when you are under 50 is a waste.

Edited by BebeLeBozo