Carnage/Combat: Nice but not enough.

Spasi

Ever since they "reworked" (destroyed) gore, it's been a pointless spec to play in PvP. The fact that people were using gore in that way despite your intentions shows that the spec needed help, not that it needed to be "reworked" in that way.

Carnage still desperately needs help. But why do I care? I've said that until I stopped subscribing out of frustration with the constant huttball matches and lack of attention to class balancing. Countless posts asking for Carnage to be given something seem to have done nothing.

When did they destroy Gore? The armor penetration on Imperial side has been renamed for Marauder. "Gore" is now the equivalent of Lance (I cannot check right now but I am almost certain of this). Precision, the 100% armor penetration, is called something other than "Gore" on Marauder side.

When I had come back to the game, they changed the name of the 100% armor penetration on Marauder side for some reason, and that confused me and it took me a few moments to realize that it had been renamed.

Gore has been renamed FURY. Weird decision, but that is what has happened.

Edited by Sappharan

• 2 weeks later...
I think rotation wise the specc plays nicely now with the armout penetration stack system, especially with the fanged god form tactial. The problem is just its dps is too low and it's too susceptible to cc/stuns in PvP. Since damage is distributed fairly unevenly to abilities in comparison to other specc, it's probably not a good idea to buff damage of abilities used during armour penetration, although that would improve burst which used to be the speccs trademark. A good compromise might be buffing Blade Rushs/Massacres dps by sth around 20-25%.

• 3 weeks later...
I just left this game because I cannot play competitively using combat :(.

The game designer of this game sucks... They just can't balance the classes for pvp...

Without CC immunity it makes the class/spec combination particularly painful to play at times. Sadly, Concentration is best presently. I have FINALLY started to make sense of the spec. It's just play style, and Concentration did not fit mine for the longest time. Now, however, I am finding it flows more smoothly than I originally thought. Give it a try. Maybe you will have fun. Combat, right now, is not much fun at all.

• 2 weeks later...

I mean is it as good as Fury? probably not but its not as trash as you all seem to think. I play combat in ranked atm and is doing allright most games, and you have carry potential to. There are alot of situations where you can secure kills in a hardstun etc.

Perhaps a 6sec cc immunity after blade blitz or something could be cool but. Personally i dont want this spec to become FOTM..

Btw top rated mara on DM atm got there playing carnage.:cool:

I mean is it as good as Fury? probably not but its not as trash as you all seem to think. I play combat in ranked atm and is doing allright most games, and you have carry potential to. There are alot of situations where you can secure kills in a hardstun etc.

Perhaps a 6sec cc immunity after blade blitz or something could be cool but. Personally i dont want this spec to become FOTM..

That Sentinel/Marauder probably had Force Bound and Defel Spliced Genes. If not, I would be VERY interested to know what stats, set, and tactical was used.

He does not play with force bound, and ofcourse you use defel, you're a meme if you dont use it...on any mara spec

More's the pity. A DPS class that relies on a tactical that provides more survivability via escapes. Other than Shadow, is there another class that requires that to be viable?

More's the pity. A DPS class that relies on a tactical that provides more survivability via escapes. Other than Shadow, is there another class that requires that to be viable?

I mean fury (and to a significantly lesser degree, annhi) maras were in a perfectly good spot before tacticals were a thing... it's basically only carnage that sucks.

• 3 weeks later...

This is actually promising to hear. I've been wanting, and have rolled Mara a few times for pvp. What stopped me was that I could just not get into Fury. Carnage on the other hand, i really liked it, but everyone always told me it was garabage in pvp so I just stopped.

I migth start one up again just to play Carange

I finally got Fanged God form to see how carnage compares to Fury/Anni.

While my end dps is 20k or a bit higher for both Fury\Anni carnage was floating near 18k and even dipping to 17.5k from time to time. That is quite a nasty gap.

This was on a 3.25 mil dummy.

I want Combat to be BURST again. It's a laughing stock spec anymore. Why do developers debuff specs so radically? It will be years before it is viable again...so we're left with Concentration (which is more fun than I thought...but it's not as fun as Combat) or Watchman. They ruined Watchman too.

I want Combat to be BURST again. It's a laughing stock spec anymore. Why do developers debuff specs so radically? It will be years before it is viable again...so we're left with Concentration (which is more fun than I thought...but it's not as fun as Combat) or Watchman. They ruined Watchman too.

Because Bioware just doesn't want Carnage to be played in PVP .. and they seem to balance every class based on this.

Just look at Tanks . When is the last time you saw a PT or SIn tank in ranked ? They are gone forever. Bioware wants you play Jugg tank . Sim[le as that. They also want you to play Deception Sin and not Hatred . Also.. Madness is just garbage so you should play Lightning.

In their view the damage gaps on dummy are ok , but you cannot balance classes around dummies that are just static . There are a lot of factors that come into play in the real game but don't expect this to change anytime soon .