[Guide] The Jedi Shadow's Handbook

AstralFire

• Replies 214
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great guide! Best I've found so far and will probably stay that way :)

Thanks for all the info, will make the JC shadow experience a lot more fun.

One question though, I'm stuck between choosing crew skills, should I go with Syntweaving or Artifice when my main goal is solo play (not much pve end-game intended) with a bit of pvp and some money making on the side? :)

Thanks and keep up the good work m8!

Cheers!:D

I'm loving the crew skill combo of Synthweaving/Archaeology/Underworld Trading. You can make a lot of cool armor sets and make more than a few creds in the galactic market...

I'm leveling a shadow tank (level 22) and i've got a question about the talents Elusiveness & Mind Over Matter. I'm only playing pve and these talents sounds to be more usable in pvp. Is this in higher level useful or even important in pve?

Thank you for this great guide! Very good work :-)

hey guys,

is this the right stat priority for the infiltration shadow?

willpower < accuracy (100%) < crit < surge < alacrity

should i really aim for 100% accuracy or more/less?

thank you for this awesome guide btw!

greetings

obtrusive

Edited by obtrusive

Hi,

I believe this should be 40,000 not 25,000 (at least it is on the PvP server I checked it on).

Q: When can I get my speeder?

A: After turning level 25, purchase Speeder Piloting from your trainer for 25,000 credits, then go to your fleet. Barik, the Speeder Vendor, is located in the Northeast-most room in the fleet's main deck. (Part of the Galactic Trade Market area.) You can also purchase them on Tatooine. Your first speeder will cost you 8,000 credits; you can get upgrades at level 40 and 50.

By the way... these guides have been a great help!

hey guys,

greetings

obtrusive

Alacrity does nothing for Infiltration.

Accuracy will likely need to be higher than 100% for Operations and level 50 Flashpoints. AFAIK, accuracy in the character sheet reflects accuracy against mobs your level. Anything above your level will require more accuracy rating. We will also need to find out how dodge/parry/deflect mechanics work for bosses to determine how far past the hit 'cap' we need to go to never be dodged/parried/deflected (WTB combat logs. Thanks). However, since so much of our damage is Force abilities, we may only need to concern ourselves with capping accuracy for Force powers.

Some of this may be covered on theorycrafting sites, but I haven't had the time to go searching for a good site just yet.

hey guys,

greetings

obtrusive

Accuracy will likely need to be higher than 100% for Operations and level 50 Flashpoints. AFAIK, accuracy in the character sheet reflects accuracy against mobs your level. Anything above your level will require more accuracy rating. We will also need to find out how dodge/parry/deflect mechanics work for bosses to determine how far past the hit 'cap' we need to go to never be dodged/parried/deflected (WTB combat logs. Thanks). However, since so much of our damage is Force abilities, we may only need to concern ourselves with capping accuracy for Force powers.

Some of this may be covered on theorycrafting sites, but I haven't had the time to go searching for a good site just yet.

thanks for your answer.

sorry for taking alacrity into the list, i copied from another guide, it´s really complete nonsense ;)

i´m wondering if there´s is a difference between yellow and white -damage, like in wow.

Anyone have Dimishing Returns Table for different ratings, or maybe it's even same for every rating, so i want to know those %'s. Want to know how much crit and surge you should make and when to switch to Power, thought not much choice there yet.

Astral,

How viable would it be to put high level Stalker PVP gear on a KC Shadow? I just cant seem to decide which playstyle I like better. As a KC I routinely finish in the top 3 for medals, but do significantly less damage. I was wondering if the Stalker gear, instead of the Survivor's gear, would boost my DPS while still having the survivability in my tank stance. Thoughts?

Astral,

How viable would it be to put high level Stalker PVP gear on a KC Shadow? I just cant seem to decide which playstyle I like better. As a KC I routinely finish in the top 3 for medals, but do significantly less damage. I was wondering if the Stalker gear, instead of the Survivor's gear, would boost my DPS while still having the survivability in my tank stance. Thoughts?

I'd like to know this too, if anybody has an answer.

Let's take a look at pvp gear sets viable for Shadow. Expertise is the same for all sets.

Survivalist

It gives more Endurance than Willpower. Also you can find Power, Accuracy and defense ratings (all 3) on items and mods.

2 pieces bonus: reduce Spinning Kick cooldown by 10 seconds

4 pieces bonus: 5% damage bonus in pvp while you guard someone

Both bonuses are pretty decent and worth getting. More control through Spinning Kick is awesome and direct damage bonus is unique in shadow sets.

Other than that you get nearly no critical or surge boosts and small Willpower boost. Defense ratings definitely help though.

Stalker

It gives more Willpower than Endurance. Also you can find Accuracy, Critical, Surge ratings on items and mods.

2 pieces bonus: Mind Snap and Force Slow range increases by 5 feet.

4 pieces bonus: Force Potency cooldown -15 seconds, and 1 more charge for it

First bonus is pretty neat for tanks in pve, but gives minimal effect on damage in pvp. You can catch up better though. Second bonus is good in thin vacuum, but once again it has no direct impact on damage.

Force Master

It gives more Willpower than Endurance. Also you can find Alacrity and Power on items and mods. May be some Critical or Surge ratings, I didn't check tbh.

2 pieces bonus: Mind Crash cooldown -1.5 sec and Mind Crush Damage heals 0.5% hp

4 pieces bonus: Increases range of Project and Mind Snap by 5 feet

This set is viable for Balance Shadow. More selfhealing and better distance for project/interrupt are pretty much useful. Not an option for infiltration, but could be useful for kinteic/balance with Mind Crush procs (23/0/18).

Also alacrity bonus is quite good for balance dots, especially for single target fights.

And now for the fun part. Mods from Stalker can be removed and placed into Survivalist item and vice versa. That way you can freely exchange defense for offense in proportion that fits your playstyle.

I'd bet on survivalist set with Stalker mod/ench in each slot as best DPS variation.

For best tanking (controlling actually) I'd bet on 2 pieces of Stalker with survivalist mod/ench and other survivalist items.