Level 55 entry date

_DarkTemplar_

Anybody knows if level 55 will be in effect once 2.0 will be live, on 9th of April or after 14th ? I have the expansion but not with 5 "early days" and was curious to know if i can start leveling after 9th of April.:rolleyes:

No, you won't be able to level past level 50 until the 14th.

then what't the point of early access?

The OP clearly stated that they DON'T have early access, thus, in his case, the earliest he can level past 50 will be on the 14th. For those of us who did pre-purchase the expansion prior to Jan 7th, we will be able to move forward on the 9th, and probably be at 55 by the 14th.

You can level to 55 with the early access. The OP said that he doesn't have the early access so he will not be able to level to 55 until the 14th.

This ^

Early access comes with Makeb pre-order and level 55 also comes with Makeb...you do the math :cool:

Edited by Mara_Zyras

then what't the point of early access?

People who get the early access will be able to lvl to 55 on the 9th. People who didn't will have to wait until the 14th. I'll explain it as best as I can:

There are two "updates" that are associated with 2.0

1. The game update

2. The expansion pack.

The game update will include the new skills, skill trees, stat formulas, crafting tier, etc...

The expansion pack includes the additional 5 levels and access to Makeb. By De Facto, it will also include the new operations, HM FP's, and dailies, because those require a higher level.

If you pre-ordered on time, you will have access to both the game update and the expansion pack on the 9th. If you pre-ordered "late" you will have access to the game update on the 9th, but you won't have access to the expansion till the 14th. If you aren't even purchasing the expansion, you will have access to the game update on the 9th, but not the expansion pack until you buy it.

Edited by bbare

• Dev Post

I was going to shoot in and answer _DarkTemplar_'s question but you folks went ahead and did that already. I am going to just quote bbare on this one as they explained it quite nicely :)

Good work everyone, carry on!

-eric

People who get the early access will be able to lvl to 55 on the 9th. People who didn't will have to wait until the 14th. I'll explain it as best as I can:

There are two "updates" that are associated with 2.0

1. The game update

2. The expansion pack.

The game update will include the new skills, skill trees, stat formulas, crafting tier, etc...

The expansion pack includes the additional 5 levels and access to Makeb. By De Facto, it will also include the new operations, HM FP's, and dailies, because those require a higher level.

If you pre-ordered on time, you will have access to both the game update and the expansion pack on the 9th. If you pre-ordered "late" you will have access to the game update on the 9th, but you won't have access to the expansion till the 14th. If you aren't even purchasing the expansion, you will have access to the game update on the 9th, but not the expansion pack until you buy it.

Just out of curiosity, what happens to guys who will never buy the expansion? Why are they forced to use the new skill trees? Basically, you are doomed if you don't have the 5 extra points to spend on the new skill trees.

In the end this means classes are not balanced anymore for the hardest lvl 50 PvE content (speaking of EC nightmare). Any Devs thought about that? I mean, I am not affected cause I have early access. But still I am interested to hear an answer on this matter.

But do you think it's fair that a Game Developer (in this case BW) is leaving people behind who initially payed for the game and balanced combat trees up to 50?

I am just thinking as well about the f2p accounts. They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...

Edited by tman_ac

I am just thinking as well about the f2p accounts. They have to face this changes and will most likely never be able to clear EC nightmare on level 50...

F2P players can still play the expansion (and extra levels). They just have to buy it. Remember, F2P means "no subscription fees" not "everything for free".

The question of whether its "fair" or not really depends on your definition of fair in this case.

Ultimately even those people who remain at 50 will still have access to the top tier talents in their chosen tree....they will just have 5 less points to spend in an alternate tree (5 "extra" points instead of 10 like current).

The talent trees should be balanced on their own merits and any extra points through into another tree really just provides a little extra, but isn't a MUST HAVE. The current level 50 content is tuned lightly enough that even someone staying level 50 should be able to complete it without issue even if they are 1% less "effecive" after the 2.0 changes. Even NiM operations currently have enough "slack" in them that you can complete them with sub-optimal min/maxing of gear mods (I.E Tanks using Black Hole/Campaign armorings with Accuracy bonuses).

However, if past experience in other MMOs after an xpac holds true, the increases gained from another 1 or 2 tiers of a primary talent tree generally provide a larger boost than what you loose by not being able to put those 5 points into a secondary tree. So in the end a level 50 post 2.0 may actually end up being "stronger" than a level 50 pre-patch is.

As a new player, what is this expansion bringing for me? (other than the holostatue thing which i don't know what it does). Feels like I do not have to rush buying it. Any insights?

The expansion portion will bring a new area to fquest, new ops, ITEMS, armor, access to leveling to 55.

Not purchasing the xpac will simply keep you at level 50 and the limitations that being level 50 brings, as well as not having access to those zones and any content that is intended for 50+ characters.

As a new player, what is this expansion bringing for me? (other than the holostatue thing which i don't know what it does). Feels like I do not have to rush buying it. Any insights?

The expansion pack will have no impact until you are actually able to do content on Makeb, which will likely be level 50. Remember, what you are paying for in the expansion is only access to Makeb and the ability to level from 50 to lvl 55. So, you don't have to rush buying it until you are ready to quest on Makeb and reach passed lvl 50. I'd preorder it if you want the bonus items. I assume the holostatue will allow you to train skills in the field kind of like the Darth Malgus Holostatue, so it is valuable.

Edited by bbare

The expansion pack will have no impact until you are actually able to do content on Makeb, which will likely be level 50. Remember, what you are paying for in the expansion is only access to Makeb and the ability to level from 50 to lvl 55. So, you don't have to rush buying it until you are ready to quest on Makeb and reach passed lvl 50. I'd preorder it if you want the bonus items. I assume the holostatue will allow you to train skills in the field kind of like the Darth Malgus Holostatue, so it is valuable.

thank you!