Update 2.8: Gear Check Obsolete?

amitchev

Since I don't find gearing characters to be any fun at all, I don't have a problem with it. I expect either Bioware is trying to gear us up before the level cap raise, or they are trying to get more people to participate in group content, or both.

No one is stopping you from grinding more, buddy. If you really want to grind as say an Assassin. Work on gearing Khem out in min/maxed Underworld DPS and Tank gear, or even Oriconian. Plenty of grinding to do still.

Me? Leveling too many chars to be worried about dat sheeeit. Merc, PT, Scoundrel, and Vanguard are on my list.

I just think it's taking away the feeling you get after winning a piece of gear. It makes it almost worthless for me. But I see both of your points.

The ultimate comms will only give Oriconian gear from vendor. It's already available and it's easy enough that I don't think one could feel much of an accomplishment by buying a piece or two. I mean, it's not like they are giving away the tokens for Dread Forge gear with comms.

Like it's been pointed out, I think they are preparing for the next level cap, so your main and alts and their companions are geared with that so the leveling through the new stuff is quite easy.