SWTOR Unleashed (game files in RAM to improve performance)

exca

i saw but what i'm trying to ask is, for example:

This improves loadtimes, overall fps or both? if it increases FPS too like the FX files, which of the two is better? i can't fit both on my current RAM and i only care about FPS increase, not loadtimes (that's the whole point of my question)

thanks again

I don't know, I suggest you give it a try and tell us.

• Replies 887
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So I tried this and it has improved my fps a lot BUT now my shadows are all messed up. looks as if they are set to low when I have it on high.

*edit

Sorry they don't look low, they are just pixelated high setting shadows instead of being smooth and they seem to be off center from where my character shadow should be.

**edit again

It would seem that turning my shadows off in game and then back on fixed everything.

Works great and is running smooth at 60fps up from 15-30. A lot more stable too havn't noticed any dips.

Thanks for the report. I hope it made your computer more worth its price :)

Quick question though about the virtual drive, when I'm not playing Starwars is that ram free for use in other games or do I have to do something to allow that?

You'd have to remove it after you are finished or reboot to restore your ram. The removal button is easy to use, one click and everything is back to normal and it will remember your settings for next time.

Quick question though about the virtual drive, when I'm not playing Starwars is that ram free for use in other games or do I have to do something to allow that?

If you dismount RAM drive, RAM will be free too, if not dismount RAM will be still taken.

It is not about game itself but about creating (take RAM) and dismounting (freeing RAM) a virtual drive in memory.

Thanks for the help, I can't believe how much this improved my gameplay.

It wasn't bad being around 20-30 fps 15 at the worst but being always above 40 is huge deal.

Happy to see it helped you that much.

And a warm thank you to people helping me for the user support task :)

So I'm guessing this won't work on Windows XP?

If you run Windows XP x64, maybe it might work. I haven't tested it but you can try and tell us. By the way it doesn't work on x86 (32 bits) windows OS, and even if it would, it would be useless.

Would love to do this ...but its far over my head. Booooo for being computertarded.

All you do is download the file SWTORunleashed. Run it, it then asks what directory swtor is in. Click main directory and have the swtor launcher on your desktop instead of game launcher. It will then run the game in swtor unleashed format. :) Any further questions pm me ya'll.

You still develop this? Awesome! Time to dust my old thread, happy users unite!

I plan my PC upgrade for TOR on this program, expanding RAM and buying Pro version of Windows in order to play purely from ramdrive.

A tip for users: I use ProcMon program to find after each patch if there is another frequently used file worth adding to the ramdrive.

PS. What is the benefit of "Add extra 100MB", is there a risk of size miscalculation?

How do you feel about doing the developers job by doing all of this excessive bull **** to optimize the game?

Are you saying my work is some kind of bull****? I feel offended.

Edited by exca

Why are you using a 32-bit OS?

/bonk

Stop that. Get a 64-Bit OS now.

yes because having win 7 64 bit with 8-12 gbs of ram is still not enough to run this game smoothly!!!

you should def switch to 64bit so that you still have to use outside tools to run the game =D

FYI...this app blows...i installed it...followed every step mentioned above...and my pc was freezing during warzone (never had that before).i got 8GB ram btw.thanks for your effort but it is not worth it!

There's an explaination why the game could be slower with SWTOR Unleashed in the first post. It can either be : bad settings (too much RAM allowed for it) or background programs eating too much memory.

One way or the other it's kind of simple: you need to keep 2.5GB minimum for windows + SWTOR themselves at the very least. Firefox for example is a heavy RAM consumer. Beware.

Take a few minutes to try understanding what's going on and you should only see improvements. This tool might be easy to use, it doesn't prevent its "advanced" users to try understanding underlying behaviours.

Though I might try to add a few routines to detect insufficient RAM automatically to display some warning messages.

Yeah, installed this app and have been using it, but have seen no appreciable advantage. Maybe a few fps increase on fleet, but that's about it.

Not surprising, the tool goal is to reduce FPS drops (and sometimes raise max FPS a little) when a lot of things happen on the screen. It's not a magical brand new CPU in your computer :)

yes because having win 7 64 bit with 8-12 gbs of ram is still not enough to run this game smoothly!!!

you should def switch to 64bit so that you still have to use outside tools to run the game =D

The game is a 32 bits executable. The 64 bits OS only allows you through my software to trick the game making it think it reads a harddrive while in fact it reads the RAM which is faster.