Can we not buy this 'Expansion' with Cartel Coins?

Lionflash

It was a content patch. Then it took a Hickman to the knee...and became an expansion.

Heh, I thought this too. The Makeb area was suppose to be a huge content patch/expansion when first announced now it's just a small expansion. Ah, well I'll pay but I still think it should be free as the content we are getting so far as we can see is minimal.

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

There is on thing for sure, that guy knows how to kill a game, how does he have a job again ? do we see a this time next year hutball will be a standalone f2p game ??

Huttball Season 2 now on the Cartel Market for the low low price of 2700cc.:D

Huttball Season 2 now on the Cartel Market for the low low price of 2700cc.:D

too cheap, gonna be 5400cc for the match and 2400cc to play as ranked as a subscriber cos that wont be covered in the subs soon. did i meantion thats a week :D

Edited by Shingara

And 240 cc to be able to throw the ball. d'oh!

for the low low price of 9000cc you can upgrade the score zone to a hickman target that if you hit with the huttball you get double points. But if you score an own goal atleast 6 times you get it free.

I will say this, im gonna drop the cash for makeb but it sure as hell better have way more in it then they touted at e3 cos hypergates etc were part of the touting for makeb.

Edited by Shingara

If we could buy the "expansion" with CC i wouldn´t mind at all. There´s nothing else in the shop i want. I would even pay a premium if i could choose to get it via cartel shop. E.x. 20$ worth of cartel coin or 10 dollar cash. I´m worried that swtor is diggin their own grave, and the hole only seems to be getting deeper and deeper.

To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.

My god Allison, poor you. After all the broken promises and now the lies about Makeb being free to subscriber that turn out to be another monumental Management screw up. And now they saddle you with the amazingly unenviable task of telling us we can't even use our Cartel Coins to make the purchase on top of it.

Someone DO something about that man, I still like the game but the way he's treating it and leading it, it's heading straight toward the ground at mach speed. Please get someone that can salvage this in the director's seat.

My god Allison, poor you. After all the broken promises and now the lies about Makeb being free to subscriber that turn out to be another monumental Management screw up. And now they saddle you with the amazingly unenviable task of telling us we can't even use our Cartel Coins to make the purchase on top of it.

Someone DO something about that man, I still like the game but the way he's treating it and leading it, it's heading straight toward the ground at mach speed. Please get someone that can salvage this in the director's seat.

ye i do feel sorry for allison sometimes, where is jov, where is hickman, where is the presentation of what is coming in the expansion cos it best not be a content pacth planet with 5 lvls, there wants tobe alot more stuff in there to make it beyond what subs cover, its want speach bubbles, mini games, operations and flashpoints.

And they are expecting us to throw money at an unknown we were previously told is a none expantion patch and the csrs have to duck and cover for the managment if we can even call them that. Im starting to understand why SR went to marvel.

Edited by Shingara

Been here since beta and stayed subbed since the beginning. Waited out the F2P changeover without any wailing or gnashing of the teeth, even though I was suspicious of what it would eventually mean as a subber.

Now I see what it means and my only answer is "Thanks, but no thanks." I appreciated the class stories; I played all of them at least once and a couple of them twice. On that note I'll just say so long and thanks for the fish.

/Unsub

Been here since beta and stayed subbed since the beginning. Waited out the F2P changeover without any wailing or gnashing of the teeth, even though I was suspicious of what it would eventually mean as a subber.

Now I see what it means and my only answer is "Thanks, but no thanks." I appreciated the class stories; I played all of them at least once and a couple of them twice. On that note I'll just say so long and thanks for the fish.

/Unsub

A wise move, for there are only darker days ahead.

/Unsub

/signed x2 more subs, same situation, same reasoning. Myself & my son.

/signed x2 more subs, same situation, same reasoning. Myself & my son.

I came back to SWTOR just a month ago with F2P (I subbed immediately, never did F2P) because I firmly believe that EVERY MMO deserves 2 shots. I always buy every new MMO on launch and give it a month or two to see if it holds my attention, if it doesn't then I always return 6-12 months later to see what has improved and give it a second chance.

After being subbed for a month and getting a new character to 50 and trying the new ops, I can firmly say that this game is still not worth the sub fee for me. Add in this horrible nickle and dime policy that Bioware is clearly taking and I will be unsubbing for this game once my month runs out - Its now time to give Rift that second chance - Maybe its REAL expansion (That triples the size of the entire game and adds an enormous amount of new content) will have made the difference in that game for me to stick with it.

Quoting that 10$ isn't a lot of $.

People should quit complaining.

No it isn't alot of $. The point is I'd sooner throw a $10 bill in my fireplace than send it in for some vague promise that is slated at least 3 months away.

People should quit preaching. And they should stop eating McDonald's food too, it isn't good for them.

No it isn't alot of $. The point is I'd sooner throw a $10 bill in my fireplace than send it in for some vague promise that is slated at least 3 months away.

People should quit preaching. And they should stop eating McDonald's food too, it isn't good for them.

It may not be good for them (a lot of food billed as healthy is worse though) but it "can" be tasty and as a result people gain a benefit from their expenditure, its a matter of gratification and you cant deny that McDonalds patrons must gain that more often than not given the money that they make.

That said you wouldnt imagine a McDonalds customer getting upset when something is added to the menu would you? It says a lot for the bad will Bioware are generating and the lack of real developer interaction will only serve to make it worse, regular dev interactions actually tames feral communities as it creates the illusion that they listen. I dont expect the situation here to change because the everyone working at Bioware has the sword of damocles over their heads and could very well not be employed, (Except for Hickman, he seems to get rewarded for failure for some reason) as a result they are terrified to post something that could come back to haunt them.

Edited by Slurmez

It may not be good for them (a lot of food billed as healthy is worse though) but it "can" be tasty and as a result people gain a benefit from their expenditure, its a matter of gratification and you cant deny that McDonalds patrons must gain that more often than not given the money that they make.

That said you wouldnt imagine a McDonalds customer getting upset when something is added to the menu would you? It says a lot for the bad will Bioware are generating and the lack of real developer interaction will only serve to make it worse, regular dev interactions actually tames feral communities as it creates the illusion that they listen. I dont expect the situation here to change because the everyone working at Bioware has the sword of damocles over their heads and could very well not be employed, (Except for Hickman, he seems to get rewarded for failure for some reason) as a result they are terrified to post something that could come back to haunt them.

I didnt realise i could pay a flat rate to mcdonalds every month and get my meals when i wanted at no extra charge whenever i want for the menu i signed upto. When did mcdonalds put that in ?

To answer the question posed here about purchasing Rise of the Hutt Cartel:

We'd like to clarify that Rise of the Hutt Cartel will be available for purchase through SWTOR.com/buy only, and there won't be an option to purchase it using Cartel Coins.

Well that pretty much guarantees I wont ever get it. NO game company gets financial information from me (I have been burned too many times). If I can't get it in a store or with CC (from my gamecard sub or cc cards when they come out) I just will do without. What a shame.

I didnt realise i could pay a flat rate to mcdonalds every month and get my meals when i wanted at no extra charge whenever i want for the menu i signed upto. When did mcdonalds put that in ?

Im sorry where did i mention that? or whats the relevance? Really Im interested in where you are going with your subscriber based fast food model, not sure what its got to do with someone paying $5 for a burger and gaining gratification which was my point but please go on.