Conquest Changes in 5.10

EricMusco

• Dev Post
  • Guilds will now earn a small bonus on all Conquest points earned once they have committed to a planet. The team is trying to balance the bonus % between offering incentives to Guilds for committing early, and not “planet sniping” but we also don’t want to punish Guilds who don’t immediately commit. I am still working with the dev team on locking down the exact bonus but will get it for you next week.

From above, the % has been locked down. Guilds will earn a 15% Conquest Point bonus as soon as they have committed to a planet. We hope this will work to curb Guilds who try to "planet snipe" other Guilds.

As an added bonus, if you are a Guild who commits early, this is effectively a flat 15% bonus to Conquest Points earned.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

From above, the % has been locked down. Guilds will earn a 15% Conquest Point bonus as soon as they have committed to a planet. We hope this will work to curb Guilds who try to "planet snipe" other Guilds.

As an added bonus, if you are a Guild who commits early, this is effectively a flat 15% bonus to Conquest Points earned.

Thanks everyone.

-eric

Hi Eric,

Will this 15% bonus apply to the CQ points gained by a toon? I.E. i m playing and meet an objective for 100 CQ points, do i get 115 CQ points or I get 100 CQ points but the guild tally is 115 CQ points.

Thanks.

Why are you going out of your way to punish solo players? I play multiple alts, nothing in here to benefit me, in-fact all of it penalizes me and my preferred play style. This also greatly penalizes small family run guilds and now solo guilds which there are many such guilds now, made up of single players multiple alts. I am not asking you to take away any improvements for group players in what ever form that takes. Just stop with the solo player hate you have adopted.

Simply put, the way this game is heading it is no longer solo friendly which it is still being advertised as. Is our sub no longer wanted?

Serious question. How will it punish solo players or family guilds anymore than it already does?

Edited by Totemdancer

I didn't see anything that made it WORSE...

but it didn't make anything better.

Until I can get in and look at the changes (can't right now due to time constraints in RL stuff) the only thing that I think I heard that they MAYBE made truly repeatable (infinitely) are the eternal championship rounds.

While the new additions are nice, they don't address the core problems with conquest which is legacy restrictions. I, like many players, can't play every day, but on days I can play, I can often play for several hours. But the current once per day per legacy means I can't make up for days I missed on days I can play. I also have characters in 4 guilds (it used to be 5 but I pulled one out of a conquest guild because it isn't feasible to run characters in more than one conquest guild anymore.) Legacy restrictions mean I have to pick which guild gets the conquest points instead of letting me play in my guilds equally.

The way things are, I can deal with the hamstringing of alts. I don't like it, and it has severely cut back on my enjoyment of conquest and largely gutted the conquest guild I'm still in, but I can deal with. I get my minimum on my one remaining conquest toon and then ignore conquest for the rest of the week. But, and this is a really big but, tying guild xp to conquest points greatly magnifies the problems with legacy restrictions. Now my three non-conquest guilds will suffer. They will be starved of guild xp because all of my conquest points will go to my one conquest guild. My guildmates don't do activities that yield conquest points. I'm the type of person who would grind conquest like crazy to level those guilds up, but oops, can't, legacy lockout!

If I want to level all of my guilds by grinding insane amounts of conquest objectives, I should be able to! I like running back to back Bounty Hunter quests. I like running back to back heroics. I would happily run back to back EC. I should be able to get xp for all of my guilds for my efforts, not just one. If this isn't the way you want us to play, then separate guild leveling from conquest and have it straight up earned xp/cxp that counts!

Were there any changes made to which quests were repeatable other than the addition of the eternal championship?

From what I remember from the steam, it would be “going back much closer to the way it was pre 5.8”

Has anyone looked at the perks to see what “focusing on a play style” does for the conquest for the guild? I am on the road for a couple more days but wanted to see if anyone had looked at this pieces yet.

The number of enemies is pretty much irrelevant, since with a low amount of gameplay you can do 250 a week easy.

However, the new things on the list are... simply the most unplayable things in the game. Chapters? Really? Eternal championship maybe, for strange ppl that like standing around while some lady shouts on the background but.. chapters?!?! Why!?!? I swore I shall never play them again, that boring the are.

Chapters : all players aren't done with them. I'm a relatively new player (a little less than 1 year) and have only 1 toon with all chapters and expansions completed. Progressing my other toons is very difficult because I do commit to the guilds I'm in and do my best to complete my weekly conquest objective before moving to my personal progression. So knowing I can progress my toons AND help the guild at the same time, what a relief !

The following Objectives have been added to every Conquest:

• Complete any Chapter (repeatable)
  • Defeat enemies anywhere, you must complete step 1 before you can complete step 2, etc:
    • 1: 100 Enemies (daily)
    • 2: 125 Enemies (daily)
    • 3: 250 Enemies (daily)

I like the idea for the chapters and kills for newer players/toons. All players don't have 50 toons with full 248 gear level and all completed the Nathema Conspiracy (exagerating a bit, but it is to explain my point). In the past few months, the more I commit to the guild, the less i can progress my other toons, because I focus only on my most advanced toons as they are the only ones who can really help the guild. On Imperial side for example, I have completed Ilum on only 1 toon ; no Makeb, no Revan, no chapters. My time goes to helping the Pub guild by reaching my conquest goals, then advance my Pub side toon story bit by bit with what time I have left.

And as some others suggest : please remove the legacy limit.

I like the idea for the chapters and kills for newer players/toons. All players don't have 50 toons with full 248 gear level and all completed the Nathema Conspiracy (exagerating a bit, but it is to explain my point). In the past few months, the more I commit to the guild, the less i can progress my other toons, because I focus only on my most advanced toons as they are the only ones who can really help the guild. On Imperial side for example, I have completed Ilum on only 1 toon ; no Makeb, no Revan, no chapters. My time goes to helping the Pub guild by reaching my conquest goals, then advance my Pub side toon story bit by bit with what time I have left.

And as some others suggest : please remove the legacy limit.

They could also add some specific conquest goals for people leveling.

Ie, a lot of pvpers would like to see specific lowbie and mid pvp brackets get their own specific conquest goals. Not just the generic pvp ones.

This would encourage more people to play those brackets again and level Alts (this was something that died when 5.0 was added and they removed pvp Comms to gear).

• 2 weeks later...

should have open world pvp bring back something more then conquest 80%+ guilds are only doing conquest for the mats anyways once again please stop with all the double xp every month people aren't learning anything

bring back the harder stuff where we had to form groups to get through things people are relying

on lvl 50 comps as well

Changes• The following Objectives have been added to every Conquest:

•Complete any Chapter (repeatable) - OK ADDED TO LIST

•Complete any round of the Eternal Championship (repeatable) - NOT ON THE CONQUEST LIST

•Complete Round 10 of the Eternal Championship (daily) - sort there have to kill Zotar which is 10th round

•Defeat enemies anywhere, you must complete step 1 before you can complete step 2, etc:•

1: 100 Enemies (daily)ok there now

•2: 125 Enemies (daily)ok there now

•3: 250 Enemies (daily)ok there now

•Obtain 8 badges in a Warzone (repeatable) - Ok there now

Edited by TattooYoda

• 2 weeks later...

There are some interesting new additions to conquest, granted. But unless you are interested in grinding PVP, there is still limited per legacy items. I used to have so many characters and now there is no point in enjoying so many characters since it is still too difficult and time consuming to get conquest an more then 1 character a day. I am still waiting for you too bring back more instant repeatables that are not locked to daily legacy or once per week. we need just a little more freedom too complete more conquest in a week with multiple characters aside from crafting weeks. Please I want to make more characters and have fun pve pvp and conquest.

PS I mean really do we need to reset counter on npc dailies talk about asking us to grind 2x-3x the amount??