Cartel Market Update: January 10th, 2013

CourtneyWoods

Please update it so that the mats we get in packs have a higher chance for being for the crew skills that the buyer and/or the opener actually use.

Add a vendor for those that want to switch the old gear for the new unintentional look - Revan, Phanton, etc - and vice versa. So those that want each can have them.

A way to earn them, Cartel Coins, in game would be great, like maybe trade daily comms/bh for some.

Please make it so the gear sets have all parts: helm, chest, legs, boots, bracers, belt.

Companion gifts and banners should not count a super rare.

For subs, please add into the ledger when we get our monthly allotment.

Make the gear sets sellable to vendors and also Bind on Legacy.

I agree with this post 100%

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Again, I'm disappointed. I really want to see NEW gear added to the game. Recolors of gear already available in-game is being lazy, simply put. I could have created all of these "new" armor sets you guys release in the Cartel Packs in a matter of a day or two in a 3D package. I thought you guys had a whole team assigned to working on this stuff? It really doesn't make any sense.

In other words, whenever you guys actually start releasing cosmetic armor that can't be found anywhere else in the game is when I'll actually throw some money your way. Until then, I'll just be disappointed in the lack of effort on the dev team's part.

On a side note, this was actually a pretty decent patch :)

Pretty disappointed that the female clothes are the same as the last 2 items just in a different color. Really? Pretty sure its time to make dyes.

Otherwise if you can only re-color items and give them a different name, then make other female items in different colors, IE the social item on Coruscent and Dromund Kaas.

The new packs no new weapons disappointing in the least. The new crystals are butt ugly virtually sickening. Tired of my rares and ultra rares being companion gifts and crafting mats that are worth 1k or less on the GTN and have almost no use.

It would be nice if new packs had new models more often, not just old models with slight color changes. Crystals again are not sellable on the GTN same as the Cyan-Blue crystals which is annoying yet again.

New packs should contain crafting mats of actual use to players for current content even if its an ultra rare. Biometrics are a dime a dozen and no value. Rakata Energy Cubes as well. What do we even do with these rare gems and metal.... I have every crafter and not 1 item of worth takes any of them. I'd much prefer getting 10 zal alloy / durasteel then any more biometrics, rare gems, rakata energy cubes except then you can't call them really rare and ultra rare...

Another thought. How about a vendor that takes Biometrics and such very common "rare" crafting mats as a special market coin to buy other things of even lower lvl alt value. Think I have 3+ stacks of Biometrics and same for many of the other "rare" crafting mats besides grade 8 stuff.

Disappointing that most of the stuff is rehashed/recolored. And what's worse, is that the rehashed stuff was the majority of the patch.

Onto all* the new stuff. Why can none of this stuff be put in game? You used to make puzzles out of finding new pets, now you just get the same recolored pets in packs. Let down.

You charge too much for your items btw. Many a time I've said to myself, "Self you should buy that gear since it's the most iconic stuff from the kotor universe." Then I realize that its BOE and not B2L, so, I'm paying $14 dollars for not even a complete set of gear for one character (No belt/bracers).

Please stop being so danm greedy Bio.

The armors sets are far to expensive.

And subs get far too less allotment per month.

Also since Cartel stuff gets discounted, why dont you discount the gear in the CE store, you have to be a CE and a sub and/or prefered to get it, why are the still 18-22k per piece for us?

And please add in vendor for Rakghoul and G.A.R event.

Does the plus 1 character mean one on top of 12 for subscribers? Which means 13 or more character slots? Can someone confirm this?

Yes, you can have up to 22 character slots per Server and 350 over all servers. I'll attempt here to attach the Dev Tracker note confirming this.

Character Slots | 01.08.2013, 09:35 PM

Just wanted to correct something I said earlier. The information I received earlier was incorrect. Players may have their base character slots and up to ten extra character slots. For example, a subscriber with 12 character slots may increase their character slots up to 22. You can still have 350 characters overall. Apologies for the confusion.

Also you can check the actual post by the Dev on the Dev Tracker page from the Forums list :)

I agree with the points made about about not being able to sell certain items, they are cancerous to your inventory!

I appreciate the update though, especially given the information that some items will be removed from the market place, which is a nice heads-up.

Have to say on the subject of junk and 'fluff' in the packs, yes I agree it is annoying some of the crap we get in them.....but isn't that what makes the 'rare and 'super rare' just that? I mean if every suggestion on the forums about remove this from the packs, increase the frequency of this item etc, was to be actioned....well those items would become less than rare I fear and may become 'common'. At least this way it gives some prestige to those items if we are lucky enough to ever see them.

Not intended to be volatile or argumentative but just seemed to make sense to me.

Can we please get electrostaff and tech blades that can be used in place of lightsabers and use all my lightsaber skills?

Can we please get post character creation character customization? ie Im level xx and I want to RP and change my hair, my body type etc?

More armor/ weapons please

I've made a post of how I feel about the new Skip Tracer's Cartel Pack in another thread so I will just link it because it has other opinions as well, and I don't want it to disappear:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?p=5706568

I mean, just go back and look at the description of the pack in the Cartel Update the we are discussing. It just is not true. Endless Banners, Intimidate and Menace emotes, Ball Toss, and Covert Torso Energy Armor are definitely found elsewhere. I am not happy about the old contents of this new pack.

However, I do find the concept of the pack fun, and I enjoy the new items.

I like that you can unlock extra character slots with a Cartel purchase, but since I already have 16 characters as a sub, I would have to buy 5 unlocks to get to an additional slot. I don't like that.

The Imp armour is nice just vastly overpriced for something that already exists as the character creation screen. Also if you are providing the uniform why not finish it and provide the cap?

I would say the same thing about the smuggler gear except red pants -really make them a decent grey so they match the jacket you might convince me despite how overpriced they are.

Shouldn't this sort of stuff be what the legacy vendor is for though rather than the ridiculously overpriced junk that you currently have on it. The legacy vendor was a nice idea but you appear to have completely given up on it in favour of all customisation options being through the cartel market which is frankly boring.

Can't really comment on the cartel packs on the grounds I never buy them - if I wanted to gamble I'd play poker having said that the whole phantom, revan's robes thing has been a charlie foxtrot of epic proportions not helped by inconsistent decision making (sometimes you change the art, sometimes the product) and sloppy communication (yes we meant to change it, no we didn't it's a bug, yes we did and it's WAI, yes we did but we will change it). /facepalm

Can we please get electrostaff and tech blades that can be used in place of lightsabers and use all my lightsaber skills?

^This. So much this. :(

And yes, please make the Cartel Market armor sets bound to Legacy. This would make so many people happy, I think. :)

Also, please add Republic uniforms, now that we have Imperial ones.

Last but not least: Can we please have the article and information about the next update _before_ it goes live? Kind of, like a detailed advertisement? ;)

Cheers, Niko

P.S.: And regarding the Cartel Packs; I would not really be sad if those were gone for good and their contents sold honestly on the Market instead. I'm not the gambling type and really have to wonder what you consider "rare" when the whole GTN is stuffed with those "rare" items for ~1000 credits each...

Edited by dermitni

I would agree/ask for the following:

1.) I completely agree with the suggestion to remove the banners.

2.) I agree with making the armor Bind on Legacy.

3.) There were several threads in the past that discussed contests around creating armor (and possibly weapons). Why not start this now? It would create engagement with the community and get you items that you can sell in the CM. It should also satisfy the "it's not Star Wars enough" folks.

Is this some kind of joke? No word on SGR, more info on RotHC, Ilum revamp, secret space project, 1.7, Cathar, server transfers or CTD bug, you you guys have enough time to make a post like this about stuff that's already in patch notes?

Your priorities, I see them.

Your lack of paying attention to anything Developers say in the past month is amazing.

1-SGR info: its in MAKEB during the planet storylines and they won't be your companions. (The amount of time it would take to redo all of the companion answers/quest line + voice actor call back makes this a gigantic money loss and I don't blame them for not doing it). You will basically have a girl on girl fade to black moment and then let your imagination run wild.

2- More info on RotHC: New planet, raised level cap, current dreadguard armor will become the new Columni for first raid (Discussed with the "power on equipment"). Gigantic playable area. What more specifics do you need? Leave a little something to the imagination.

3- Ilum revamp and 1.7: They are one in the same. Though they continually speak cryptically because Bioware still hasn't figured out that giving information to people is actually a positive thing and would help shape the content towards a better design and not failure.

4- Super secret space mission: They can't talk about it (see above rant about how stupid this is)...but it's nothing like the current BS on rails. They also stated that this is nowhere near ready to come out... so again... why demand information about something that will probably change 10 times before its ready?

5- Cathar: Already mentioned that this will be a CARTEL MARKET exclusively bought Species during the live stream they did a few weeks/month ago. What are you looking for here... exactly the cost? Or why they decided to put it on the cartel. (Here's a couple of reasons: 1) It'll show just exactly how much people will spend on a brand new race if they made it exclusive to the market. 2) It'll provide them with their infamously ridiculous "Metrics" to use as a springboard into adding NEW species in the future. (IE, if everyone buys a cathar...we can probably excpect new species every 6 months or so to show up).)

6- Server Transfers: Another Cartel Market thing that will come in the future. Of course we have to wait for Character Copies for the PTS to be "tested first" with Makeb and then you can more than likely expect the Transfers to come after that.

7- CTD bug... I have no idea what you're talking about.

There ya go man, you're now up to date. Maybe in the future you can pay a little more attention to the news feed // dev tracker or RECENT interviews // live streams.

Your lack of paying attention to anything Developers say in the past month is amazing.

1-SGR info: its in MAKEB during the planet storylines and they won't be your companions. (The amount of time it would take to redo all of the companion answers/quest line + voice actor call back makes this a gigantic money loss and I don't blame them for not doing it). You will basically have a girl on girl fade to black moment and then let your imagination run wild.

There is already have been official announce on Tv about this:

Hello,

Let me first start off by saying thank you for your hard work and effort toward creating worthwhile content. I like most of the items in the Cartel Market and think they are cool. The armor sets, and definitely color crystals, are fairly over priced though. What's more, I feel that there are some "no-brainer" items you don't have in the Cartel Market. Here they are, free of charge:

• Single Character, Change First Name: 600 Cartel Coins
  • Legacy Name Change: 1400 Cartel Coins
  • Single Character, Server Transfer: 2000 Cartel Coins
  • Individual Armor Paint Color (Consumable): 200 Cartel Coins

You're welcome. :jawa_biggrin:

*Edited for typo regarding Server Transfers

Edited by Kuroishinzo

Hello,

Let me first start off by saying thank you for your hard work and effort toward creating worthwhile content. I like most of the items in the Cartel Market and think they are cool. The armor sets, and definitely color crystals, are fairly over priced though. What's more, I feel that there are some "no-brainer" items you don't have in the Cartel Market. Here they are, free of charge:

• Single Character, Change First Name: 600 Cartel Coins
  • Legacy Name Change: 1400 Cartel Coins
  • Single Character, Server Transfer: 20000 Cartel Coins
  • Individual Armor Paint Color (Consumable): 200 Cartel Coins

You're welcome. :jawa_biggrin:

While I agree with your suggestions, why have you pulled the prices out of your A**? And I hope the 20k for a char transfer is a typo. If not you must be insane! 160 $ per character?

Rightly or wrongly, I always got the impression that the lack of headgear at low-levels was a deliberate game balance choice.

Yes, the developers decided that it wouldn't do to have new players see how hideous the helms are in this game until they're well and truly hooked. ;)

Again, I'm disappointed. I really want to see NEW gear added to the game. Recolors of gear already available in-game is being lazy, simply put. I could have created all of these "new" armor sets you guys release in the Cartel Packs in a matter of a day or two in a 3D package.

Don't even need a 3D package to recolor existing meshes. Recoloring the texture (and making it look right) might be somewhat trickier than we'd think, though. ("Somewhat tricky" as in maybe two hours in Photoshop.)

Still, all of the recolored armors in this game tend to suggest that we'll never see any sort of dye system. That's really disappointing.

Edited by Invictos